SFF for ATX board??

cgram23

n00b
I have two systems that I need to physically downsize from full ATX cases. I don't want to buy new motherboards, so I was hoping I could find a couple of decent cases that took up a lot less room. Does anybody have any suggestions?

anything that takes ATX is not going to be SFF by anyones standards. mid-towers are your best bet.

ya, ATX mobo != a SFF. you can find htpc and 'desktop' style cases for this perpose.

There *are* cases out there that put the PSU in the bottom front of the case, and the case is essentially the height of the ATX motherboard. I seem to remember one mentioned around here in the last couple of months, but a search for "sff atx case" in this forum will probably generate WAY too many results to be effective.

EDIT: Never mind--I found it anyway...

Mohonri said:
There *are* cases out there that put the PSU in the bottom front of the case, and the case is essentially the height of the ATX motherboard. I seem to remember one mentioned around here in the last couple of months, but a search for "sff atx case" in this forum will probably generate WAY too many results to be effective.

yea, the lian li PC-V800. the volume of it is similar to an sff however the footprint is much bigger due to the ATX mobo

Steeeeve said:
anything that takes ATX is not going to be SFF by anyones standards. mid-towers are your best bet.
Interesting fact, an X-Qpack can fit one if the board is turned sideways...

Just have to cut holes for the PCI slots. ;) Point is it is ATX form factor.

a lot more to it than cutting holes...

the antec superlanboy or the sonata/solution series seem to be very nicely sized, yet still accomodate a full atx board...

yer awefully picky! lol
ever use graph paper before? design the perfect case and that way it's just how you want it.

gobBobo said:
yer awefully picky! lol
ever use graph paper before? design the perfect case and that way it's just how you want it.

haha.. I have made plenty of my own cases in my day and would like to go the easy route this time. :) And yes I am picky, but aren't all geeks? ;)

Back