SG02 First Look

Steeeeve

2[H]4U
I normally try to avoid posting about my website here but I do not want to reproduce this image elsewhere. I got a picture up at http://www.sffclub.com of the SG02.

PLEASE DO NOT REPRODUCE THIS IMAGE!!!! I can’t stress that enough and I will go after anyone that does so. If you wish to use this image please email me first or check with Silverstone. Thanks :)

Image is here: http://www.sffclub.com/ on the front page

Aww man I JUST ordered a SG-01 today from Outpost! Doesn't look like a huge change, though it does look like it will have a more refined exterior.

Any word on pricing / availability?

yup, they had a slight delay (kinda common in Asia actually) and should be at the US office at the end of October or early November.

Be sure to thank Silverstone for their overly kind support of my site :)

They moved the power button, hid the USB/Sound/1394 Ports, and some sort of clamp is hanging from the 2x80 fan mounts above the PCI and PCI-E slots. other than that, it looks to be the same. Looks like minor cosmetic changes.

You cannot go wrong with either the SG01 Evo or the new SG02. Silverstone makes a great case.

-E

Thanks steve. I'm looking foward to your review when you get you hands on this unit :D. It just looks like some minor cosmetic changes though, so I am guessing performance will stay the same. Hopefully it is still aluminum.

Thanks Steeve for your trouble.
I thought the front was gonna be hiden 5 1/4 inch bays
but it's only the USB ports.

We all know what is the better deal SG01e 4 ME ! ! !

MrE said:
They moved the power button, hid the USB/Sound/1394 Ports, and some sort of clamp is hanging from the 2x80 fan mounts above the PCI and PCI-E slots. other than that, it looks to be the same. Looks like minor cosmetic changes.

You cannot go wrong with either the SG01 Evo or the new SG02. Silverstone makes a great case.

-E

I agree. I was a little nervous that the SG02 would bring some cool new feature, while me revceiving the SG01E any moment now. But seeing this I'm glad I did not wait. Very curious though what possible purpose that clamp could have...?

sleepeeg3 said:
More like SG rev 1.02.
Yeah, I think thats the point. They wanted to reduce costs and not redesign :) I have been saying this for months ;) ....1-2 months haha

Ray-zor said:
Very curious though what possible purpose that clamp could have...?
What clamp? The one that looks like it might be attached to the fan bracket is actually for the PSU.

Steeeeve said:
What clamp? The one that looks like it might be attached to the fan bracket is actually for the PSU.

Hehehe, you're right. I was totally fooled by the pic and the post by MrE. :)

Back