SG06 + H60 Temp Question

I just put together my SG06 system and was getting some possible high temps. It idles at 45C and goes up to 61C under load. Is this normal? I have a H60 (using the thin 2000RPM Scythe fan running at 1500RPM). I don't have the hard drive case in so nothing is really impeding airflow (my hard drive fits magically well zip tied between the H60 and the side of the case).

For reference:

Figured it out the force of the tubing basically applied enough force that it slightly tilted the cooler while it was being screwed in resulting in only about 20% of the cooler to contact the CPU. I ended up having to rotate it around with my BIOS PC Health screen turned on (I'm fairly sure you shouldn't do this) and found a rotation that lowered heat the most.

I suppose if you're going to put a H50/60 in a SG05/06, face the radiator tubes to the right (if you're looking at the front) and the water block/pump tubes towards the front of the case.

my i5 760 idles at 28c with the H50 at 60% fan speed dunno what rpm that is, never gets past 55c under load.

I'm using a 49CFM slim fan.

I think there are still some issues with how the hex stands screw into the backplate.

Right now I'm getting 40 Idle, 55 Load. Case is ~45C so I think its reasonable.

You have missed some very very important information. What board, what CPU.
Here is my setup for reference:

DSC03327.JPG

Huh forgot to post my CPU, that was an amusing realization.

My board is a GA-H67N-USB3-B3. CPU is a i5 2500k. I have a 460GTX as well so that's probably blocking a fair amount of air flow.

Idle's a bit warm but nothing crazy. Load seems about right.

You might want to try reseating the TIM but I wouldn't stress about it.

Like I said, I think its an issue with the mounting brackets/back screws. The ones on one of the sides may be slightly bent more than the other. :\

Is there a corsair rep that visits here?

Well I'm using an i5 760 and a GTX460 too so it shouldn't be that warm but no big deal yeah. You're using a slim fan that might be it. Also make sure the pump is at 100% if you're using a PWM header it might be running below optimum capacity

Well I'm using an i5 760 and a GTX460 too so it shouldn't be that warm but no big deal yeah. You're using a slim fan that might be it. Also make sure the pump is at 100% if you're using a PWM header it might be running below optimum capacity

I finally got around to booting it up in the morning when it's pretty cool (Its been 110F+ outside all month and our AC isn't that great) and the temps are about 29C-35C so I guess this may be a case of ambient temps.

Back