Sharing a Projector Between 7 Computers?

synaps3

Gawd
I've been put in charge of putting together a computer lab at work. One of the requirements my boss had for it was to be able to display, through the network, the screen of any of the 10 VM stations in the room.

I was thinking that the only way would be able to use Microsoft Communicator (or similar) to share a screen area from the VM station to a "presentation system" that is attached to the projector. I cannot use a standard VGA (or DVI) switch, because all systems have a tri-monitor setup, and need to be able to display any screen with no trouble.

Does anyone know a solution to this, or have any questions? Budget is not a concern (yay government jobs)...

VGA/DVI splitters on each machine + large video switch or matrix.

Or an even larger video matrix with enough outputs to drive every display in the room(from any input).

Ive done something like this using video eq a government site had for us to use. We also had machines with triple outputs. We only had 5 or 6 input machines though. We used 3 projectors for output. They had VGA over cat5 extenders (from extron) with a local output for the local display. The remote end was run over to an NTI 24x4 or 24x8 VGA matrix that could take any input and put it on any of the 3 projectors.

Each station is about 6 feet apart, so I don't think extenders are necessary.

We will probably end up using an 8x4 matrix.

Yes, a matrix video switcher is what would be the easiest. Use those splitter VGA cables so you don't have to worry about desktop cloning or anything to do with the multi-monitor garbage.

Back