sharp 17' monitor, good deal, but need dell coupon!

Golden_Salmon

Limp Gawd
Dell has the sharp LL172AB LCD monitor for 298$, free shipping. Here is a rebate for 100$, making the monitor 198$.

Quick specs:
17'
16ms
450:1 contrast ratio
300cd/m^2 brightness
internal speakers

I know buy.com has it for 179.99 AR (279.99), but I called the rebate number and they said that they will NOT accept rebate from buy.com or slickdeals. You can see a bit about it here.

Currently there are a lot of promotions going on, and I wanted to know if anyone knows any coupons or combination there of to make it even cheaper. Thanks :)

If you get a 25% off coupon, from Dellf, that drops it to:
Code:
-------
123.50 + taxes

Good newbie post, thanks.

I just called around and you would need to call dell and claim you were oblivious to get the monitor for the discount, because it only applies to dell made monitors, not just the ones they distribute, so you would need other code or a bit of a white lie. I also called the rebate number and let me tell you, this lady was CLUELESS. I wanted to know if I could get the rebate from buying it from Dell. She said that only major retailers were available for the rebate and had NO IDEA what 'Dell' was. She told me that best buy or outpost.com were good and asked if 'Dell' had any retail stores. I will call back later and speak with the supervisor about this. The rebate doesn't specify anything.

Basically speaking, if you would like to buy this monitor for 123$, which is an AMAZING deal for a 17' 16ms sharp monitor (the thing retails at like 400-500), you will need to convince Dell to give you the 25% rebate on the monitor, which shouldn't be too hard, they are willing to work with you and I have to inform the rebate people what 'Dell' is -_- If worst comes to worst, I can try to get best buy or office depot to match dell or buy.com's price and then get the rebate. I'll keep everyone updated with how it goes

i just posted about 80 dellf codes, i think there was a flat panel one in there for 15 or 20% so grab that.

nope, you dont have any LCD deals in there, I also need one that will work for non-Dell made LCDs taht are just sold by dell. A general like 10$ off 200$ order works too.

alright i just called the rebate number and they said that the only place that they wont accept is buy.com, other than that, dell is good.

good luck on this one, I think im gettin one for ~$125

Golden_Salmon said:
nope, you dont have any LCD deals in there, I also need one that will work for non-Dell made LCDs taht are just sold by dell. A general like 10$ off 200$ order works too.

yeah my bad, i pulled the one i had so i could use it :eek:

sorry about that

Aaugh, no DVI, else I would be all over this.. I need a new monitor.

==>Lazn

Okay, I JUST called them and got a much more capable person answering the phone and they said that dell.com would definitely work. Now all I need to do is find a good rebate for the item. Does anyone know any codes I can use on it? It isn't a dell made monitor, so those dell monitor 25% off keys dont work, though I can try calling them again for it and claiming I'm oblivious. I'd rather just find a decent 20$ off 200$ order or something though. Any help?

For a 17-foot monitor, that's a damn good deal.

' means feet.
" means inches.

Back