Sharp 32" 1080P

NP :)
Try even -7 or -8 and see how that works out for ya. The difference between them is quite subtle.

I set it back to 0. I have it at -10 for my xbox 360s input but after a while I got sick of -6 on my PC. Looks like mush compared to reading text on the XPS M1210 I have next to me.

The funny thing is I called Sharp tech support on the LC-32GP3U, they don't even aware that is already out.
Duck, please fill us in: where did u buy a GP3U ? How much?
How did u find out its already on the market?? I'm surprised Sharp moved so fast.

What are its Specs compared to our GP1U ? Can you post the 'Specifications' sheet here?
What does the bezel look like? Is it wider or thinner? Anybody got a screenshot?
Thanks

I bought the GP3U at JR .com. Total came out to be $1350 shipped from NY to CA.
Spec wise, not much different from GP1U. Only different I see from the spec I know so far is HDMI v1.3, 24fps Moive support and slimmer design. The slimmer design is what I like the most because I plan to use it mostly for PC usage. Space is important to me when it come to desk space. I should get it by this Friday. I'll post the spec of this GP3U from the manual along with some pics when I receive it.

Duck, please fill us in: where did u buy a GP3U ? How much?
How did u find out its already on the market?? I'm surprised Sharp moved so fast.

What are its Specs compared to our GP1U ? Can you post the 'Specifications' sheet here?
What does the bezel look like? Is it wider or thinner? Anybody got a screenshot?
Thanks

I bought the GP3U at JR .com. Total came out to be $1350 shipped from NY to CA.
Spec wise, not much different from GP1U. Only different I see from the spec I know so far is HDMI v1.3, 24fps Moive support and slimmer design. The slimmer design is what I like the most because I plan to use it mostly for PC usage. Space is important to me when it come to desk space. I should get it by this Friday. I'll post the spec of this GP3U from the manual along with some pics when I receive it.

24 fps movie support? So it's a 120hz set?

z3r0, a quick "off topic" note.....
Was it you who said "eyes got tired" when screen Backlight was turned down near Zero?
Dunno how relevant this is, but a Tekky once told me how to "avoid bad eye-fatigue" when using pc in Dark Room ...
Softly-illuminate the wall behind monitor-tv with small lamp. Slide it somewhere behind monitor where you cant see it, to where its illumination feels restful to eyes. To avoid heat, get "energy saving" spiral-fluorescent Bulb that screws in like ordinarylight bulb (uses maybe 22 watts). Select the wattage that gives you the desired illumination.
I did, it works. :D (ok, back to Sharp32" topic)....

THE NEW 32" SHARP "GP3U"
(JR Music &Computers, NYC (link below)
($1249 dlvd) Available in 3 colors.
Black .... LC-32GP3U-B
White .... LC-32GP3U-W
Red ...... LC-32GP3U-R
Comments:
*** I like that it has Feet instead of a flat desk-hogging Pedestal.
*** The thin-bezel look real neato.
*** The 24fps seems to imply it does 120Hz, (which is a new "high-speed" feature found in very few TVs, It eliminates or lessens blurring of hi-speed objects (like in PC Shooter Games or when watching fast-moving Games on TV, like Football, Hockey, etc.). I hear the '24fps Feature also benefits you when playing Movies on BluRay & HD-DVD disks. It seems that Movies run at 24fps, and since GP3U can do that speed "right outta the box" (no need to convert) you just pop Movie in player and GP3U shows it perfectly. But TVs without 24fps feature, need "outside help" before they can show 24fps Movie. (Whew! --- hope I got all that right, but probably not).

OK, GP3U specs all look pretty nice, but lets see what Duck has to say when his 32" GP3U arrives this week and he starts checking it out.
Here's the link to JR (Notice: to get the 1249 price, you hae o put TV in shopping Cart).
Happy New Year !!
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.pro...&JRSource=PriceGrabber.datafeed.SHA+LC32GP3UB

THE NEW 32" SHARP "GP3U"
(JR Music &Computers, NYC (link below)
($1249 dlvrd UPS). Available in 3 colors.
Black .... LC-32GP3U-B
White .... LC-32GP3U-W
Red ...... LC-32GP3U-R
Comments:
*** I like that it has 4 Feet instead of a space-hogging Pedestal.
*** The thin-bezels looks neato.
*** It seems to have 120Hz (a new "high-speed" feature found in a few high-end TVs (from Sony, Samsung ??).
*** Contrast Ratio is extremely-high (10,000 Dynamic, 2000 Natural).
Well, lets see what Duck has to say, when his new GP3U arrives at his house and he checks it out.
Here's link to JR. (Notice, to get the 1249 price, you have to put TV in shopping Cart).
Happy New Year
http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.pro...&JRSource=PriceGrabber.datafeed.SHA+LC32GP3UB

Hmm... Can you run 120hz refresh on a PC? I might have to return this to sears...

Damn, that 120Hz refresh rate made me do a double-take. I think I'll hold off on any more purchases to see what Duck has to say about his new Sharp.

The PR only mention 24fps movie support. It didn't mention anywhere of 120hz support.
I doubt it support 120hz. If it does, it probably will mention all over the PR.
I don't know, than again how do you get 24fps support without the 120hz.
The lack of information on this LCD TV is so scarce. Even the Sharp tech support people is unaware of this LCD TV.

24 fps movie support? So it's a 120hz set?

It's even cheaper than what the 32GP1U first retailed at($1499.99).
imo, if enough 'early adopters' like Duck start reporting like "wow, this new 32" GP3U is real nice" the
the orders will start pouring in and JR's price will rise.

Prowling the web for info about 32" GP3U I found a post from a guy in Japan, to someone who asked if GP3U has any bugs .....
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post_old.gif
12-29-07, 07:28 AM #5 | Link erekose
These (GP3Us) have been out since September here in Japan and are very popular.
Don't worry about them being too new. I haven't heard mention of any issues.
I'll probably be picking up a White 42" soon.
It was one of these, or a Regza, and the Sharp had an additional advantage of being only 9cm deep.
==============================================================================
Its encouraging to hear the GP3U has no "issues".
And the words "I'll pick up a White 42" soon" ---shows there's an entire new family of multi-color Sharps coming our way,

Back