Sharp 47" 1080P 120HZ $699.99 FS

So whats the deal with this tv? Is it a good tv?

Also is it 60hz or 120hz, no one has given a definite answer.
I'd like to put fourth the notion that nobody answer this guy, due to the fact that his questions are clearly answered in the OP, and multiple other times in this thread. Not to mention on the DELL WEBSITE LINK in the OP itself.

Not just answered in the OP, but in the TITLE of the thread... not trying to be mean.

As to the quality of the TV, it seems that the general consensus has been that it is a good set for the price...

However, the 42" version that is talked about later in the thread may be the confusing point, it is NOT a 120hz set, and the deal is dead on it anyway.

I'd like to put fourth the notion that nobody answer this guy, due to the fact that his questions are clearly answered in the OP, and multiple other times in this thread. Not to mention on the DELL WEBSITE LINK in the OP itself.

Dell website says its 120hz but others have said it is 60hz. There was also a debate on few other forums whether dells specs are correct. No need to be an ass****.

This TV has sold for around $620 with FS before, and the few reviews I could find weren't exactly shining.

Dell website says its 120hz but others have said it is 60hz. There was also a debate on few other forums whether dells specs are correct. No need to be an ass****.
It is definitely 120hz as per owners of the 47".

This TV has sold for around $620 with FS before, and the few reviews I could find weren't exactly shining.
It is a middle-low end Sharp (including the panel). For the high end Sharp you would literally pay double.

VS other entry level LCD models i'm sure it holds its own for price+size+performance, compared to some plasma deals however, well that's a different story.

In general (and I realize this could be a dangerous question), would Sharp be considered below Samsung and Sony when it comes to LCD TVs? They seem to be priced as such (for relatively equal specs), so I gather quality should be commensurate w/ the price, as it typically is.

Sharp had major banding issues with their Aquos panels when LCD first hit the market, and their reputation is still affected by that. I'd go Sammy or Sony any day before getting a Sharp, but that's just me. I like my durable goods to be just that, durable.

Sharp had major banding issues with their Aquos panels when LCD first hit the market, and their reputation is still affected by that. I'd go Sammy or Sony any day before getting a Sharp, but that's just me. I like my durable goods to be just that, durable.

On that note, I saw this on SD.

Buydig has Samsung LN55B650 55" 1080P 120Hz LCD HDTV for $1465 after supplying coupon code LN55B650 with free shipping.

Buydig also has Samsung LN40B750 40" 1080p 240Hz LCD HDTV for $999 after applying coupon code LN40B750.

In general (and I realize this could be a dangerous question), would Sharp be considered below Samsung and Sony when it comes to LCD TVs? They seem to be priced as such (for relatively equal specs), so I gather quality should be commensurate w/ the price, as it typically is.
I'd say you're pretty close, Sharp, till recently, was at the bottom of the top tier (get what i'm saying?).

With that said i'd still think this TV is worth at least $100 more than this sale price, which means Dell's offering is still a good deal imho.

I hear Sharp's customer service has been excellent recently, that alone makes their products worth more imho.

I'd say you're pretty close, Sharp, till recently, was at the bottom of the top tier (get what i'm saying?).

With that said i'd still think this TV is worth at least $100 more than this sale price, which means Dell's offering is still a good deal imho.

I hear Sharp's customer service has been excellent recently, that alone makes their products worth more imho.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. A friend bought a Sharp Aquos a couple Black Fridays ago and he really likes it. It was that really good deal CC had - 46" for $1300 (60 Hz at the time). Of course, today's TV prices have come way down @ the 46" and 60 Hz level.

I did tech support/customer service for Sharp a few years back. Back then at least, they were pretty anal about giving Aquos customers good service.
I like their TVs and recommended one to my father who loves it (LC46D85UN model).

got my 42" today (10pm Monday purchase, free ground shipping, Friday morning delivery)... working perfectly, very satisfied.

^ Wow, that's a hot deal. Too bad I'm not in the market for a TV. I'll pass it onto someone who is.

great price though this set is not anywhere near the quality of the E77U's from sharp. I got my 46 in E77U from dell about 8 months ago for 1000 shipped. The sale only lasted 1/2 of a day and the next day their "sale" was $1200 ;). Though I generally regard samsung and Sony higher, this sharp has emmaculate color production. I have had absolutely no banding issues and it produces blacks very nicely for a LCD.

3 42" eyefinity monitors!

If you're into super fast twitch reaction type games, tv's tend to fall VERY short in terms of input lag. PC-Modes usually help. But input lag will still be higher than on a real monitor. Such has been my experience with all the TV's I've tried so far :(

Update: Price Hike

Bing cashback for Dell is down to 5%, which makes the new price $665 shipped after cashback.

Still a mega hot deal.

I keep hearing this TV has bad lag for gaming, anyone have any experience with that?
It hasn't been tested as far as i know. Granted you would be taking a chance of high input lag but without a real test, with the correct settings that is, then opinions are next to worthless imho.

If you're into super fast twitch reaction type games, tv's tend to fall VERY short in terms of input lag. PC-Modes usually help. But input lag will still be higher than on a real monitor. Such has been my experience with all the TV's I've tried so far :(
Ya, most TV's have high input lag, but without an actual test it would be hard passing judgement on this particular Sharp.

Here's that AVS TV input lag comparison thread in case anyone missed it earlier: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1131464

Bump

The deal is back but with one catch, the TV is backordered. Dell's policies on backorders are great imho so for those who are patient it's probably worth the wait.

5% Bing cashback for Dell drops the price to $665 shipped.

Back