Sharp Floating $313 Million Loan for Ailing Business

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Cash strapped Sharp, the former high riding electronics corporation, has joined the ranks of once profitable mega-companies falling on hard financial times. As reported by Bloomberg, Sharp will be securing loans next week totaling $313 Million to keep the business operating.

Sharp has watched its business hemorrhage cash over the last couple of years, leading the company and its shareholders to have some doubt about its future.

Sad thing is when you see a Sharp TV in the store it doesn't look any worse than the 4X the price Sony.

Yeah, the Sharp Aquos TV's are really nice. Hopefully they can pull themselves out of their financial situation.

Couple years ago I walked into an electronics repair shop and asked him what TV he services the least of and he said Sharp. So I then go to the TV store and ask the associate to show me the best LED TV they have and he took me to the Sharp Aquos.

Sharps large displays are the worst image quality. Image quality on any sharp above 55" looks horrid.

Back in the days, it used to be sony, fujitsu, pioneer korus for high end, now its all samsungs.

Never really considered Sharp something worth considering. I wish these failed companies would stop hanging on for dear life. Our economy could use some fresh faces, and these failures are standing in the way.

Yeah, the Sharp Aquos TV's are really nice. Hopefully they can pull themselves out of their financial situation.

^This^

Very high tech, yet affordable. I'm impressed.

You won't be disappointed if you chose Sharp.

9/10 IMO.

Sharp still makes TVs?

I put one in our bedroom, and after the kids watched it, I had to get another to get them out of our room.

My friends are impressed too. That's before I tell them how much $. Several have bought them after seeing ours.

Couple years ago I walked into an electronics repair shop and asked him what TV he services the least of and he said Sharp. So I then go to the TV store and ask the associate to show me the best LED TV they have and he took me to the Sharp Aquos.

Problem is, most people nowadays just care about the TV being cheap. They may not be Sony high, but they are more expensive than the off brand set that's also at the store. This is what's killing the high end companies.

I know a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy who may be able to help.

fzsultj.jpg

Sharp Aquos series has been the best vs any other brand since it released multiple times over.

They likely need to down size and trim the fat.

I have typically gone for Sharp or Samsung TVs when I buy. Sad times.

Tvs are a very small portion of Sharp's business, so their issues are bigger than just that. As a reseller of their office machines, this scares me a bit.

I'm amazed some of you like the Aquos vs. other offerings these days. Seriously.. get one in your home, and calibrate it.. then compare against Sony, Panasonic, Samsung etc. Even their Quattron (or whatever) tech really failed in comparison.

Back