Sharp LC-40LE700UN refurb @ TD for $758.99 shipped after 15% bcb

facesnorth

Limp Gawd
There has been some talk on this forum lately as this unit being a good replacement for those who's beloved Westy LVM-37W3's are starting to die.

See this thread.

I know there is a TD 15% thread already, but it tends to focus on PC items.

Next best price I could find on this TV is $899 shipped at newegg for a brand new one. Some, including myself, will find the $140 savings enough it to try out the refurbished unit.

Looks like mine will ship May 19th. Shipping prices may vary across the country. Mine was quoted at $79 by AIT Logistics who will deliver it to your front door and that's it.

Search for "motherboards" it's still 15%.

For those of us who got used to the Westy, we cannot go back to using anything smaller. 40" is about perfect.

There has been some talk on this forum lately as this unit being a good replacement for those who's beloved Westy LVM-37W3's are starting to die.

See this thread.

I know there is a TD 15% thread already, but it tends to focus on PC items.

Next best price I could find on this TV is $899 shipped at newegg for a brand new one. Some, including myself, will find the $140 savings enough it to try out the refurbished unit.

Looks like mine will ship May 19th. Shipping prices may vary across the country. Mine was quoted at $79 by AIT Logistics who will deliver it to your front door and that's it.
For that money they better wait a few minutes while you power it up and test it, maybe have a DVD player or a PC ready for that test. If it's defective then they should be able to take it back, on the spot.

In case anyone's curious, the 700UN model has been tested and confirmed to have low input lag for PC gaming, a very rare thing for an LCD TV btw.

I will definitely make sure they wait while I test it out. However, I am debating how to handle if there is a problem. Refuse delivery and try to get TD to ship another one? It does include their 30 day guarantee, but I wonder if they would just ship out another one at no added cost to me on either the return or the new shipment. Or go through Sharp and maybe get a replacement from them? It has a 1 year Mfr. warranty. Or even call American Express and see what they can do for me?

I will definitely make sure they wait while I test it out. However, I am debating how to handle if there is a problem. Refuse delivery and try to get TD to ship another one? It does include their 30 day guarantee, but I wonder if they would just ship out another one at no added cost to me on either the return or the new shipment. Or go through Sharp and maybe get a replacement from them? It has a 1 year Mfr. warranty. Or even call American Express and see what they can do for me?
Personally, if i found it defective on the spot then i'd have the deliverymen take it back, pretty sure Tiger would prefer it that way also.

If you find it defective a week later i'd call Tiger and have them send you a return label for an exchange.

I would only go with Amex if you were given some sort of RMA hassle, especially past the 30 day mark, or if they provided some sort of unmentioned "benefit" in doing so.

Or if you go over the 30 day mark you could go with the manufacturer, Sharp's service has had a great reputation lately, so it would be pretty headache free.

Sounds good. All in all I'm feeling pretty good about this purchase. Too bad I have to wait 10 days or so to get it.

Back