Shell Shocker: 8GB DDR3 1333 $74.99

OhMyGod

Gawd
G.SKILL Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR
$74.99

Available from 10:00AM - 12:59PM PT
12/23/10

Newegg

today's shell shocker is

Pentium E5500/GIGABYTE G41 SuperCombo

They do more than 1 per day.

If you read any of the 3 posts above yours you would see

Ya Think? when I go to the link it says nothing about being a shell shocker and the price is $99.99

Ya Think? when I go to the link it says nothing about being a shell shocker and the price is $99.99

Let me clarify this for you.

↓

↑

Let me clarify this for you.

↓

↑

LOL...okay then! because it is in the post and you wrote it real big and in red it MUST be true? kinda like santa...big and red and really there.

Got a link?

Thanks!

LOL...okay then! because it is in the post and you wrote it real big and in red it MUST be true? kinda like santa...big and red and really there.

Got a link?

Thanks!
Are you really that dense? Its not available until the time he posted in red. There is no link until those times. If you go to www.newegg.com during the times he posted it will be on the front page as the listed Shell Shocker.

Are you really that dense? Its not available until the time he posted in red. There is no link until those times. If you go to www.newegg.com during the times he posted it will be on the front page as the listed Shell Shocker.

Ahhh there you go...Pacific time.

Sorry...and yes, obviously I am THAT dense!

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

I can't look at memory prices any more. I just get too pissed. I got my 4GB memory kit for $110 in june! $110! And now I can get double the ram for 25% less.

Ahhh there you go...Pacific time.

Sorry...and yes, obviously I am THAT dense!

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Lol, I love idiots like you... otherwise I wouldn't look like a freaking genius (sometimes) with my average intelligence. :D

It's 1.5v also. This is looking tempting. Only reason I haven't bit is I already got 8 gigs of the red stuff (Ripjaws) around black friday when it was $89.

Regarding dual vs triple channel, would there be any discernable performance difference if I tossed two of these (2x2x4=16GB) in a i7 box running dual-channel vs. say two 3x2 kits (2x3x2=12GB) running triple channel? (Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit)

Regarding dual vs triple channel, would there be any discernable performance difference if I tossed two of these (2x2x4=16GB) in a i7 box running dual-channel vs. say two 3x2 kits (2x3x2=12GB) running triple channel? (Win 7 Ultimate 64-bit)

There would be some performance loss going with dual channel instead of triple channel. If you need 16GB of ram, and 12 would not be enough, then the extra ram would outweigh the loss of triple channel. Very few people do anything that 12GB isn't enough for though, so it would be slower. You can always get 3 of these kits for 24GB in triple channel! That's less than I paid for the 12GB that I have...

Edit: If you do go for dual channel, make sure you check your motherboard manual to put the sticks in the right slots for dual channel. You wouldn't want to end up with single channel.

I can't look at memory prices any more. I just get too pissed. I got my 4GB memory kit for $110 in june! $110! And now I can get double the ram for 25% less.

I bought an 8GB kit in August for $220 so I feel the same way. Oh well, memory prices always change. Going back on my order history from newegg I bought:

2x512MB pc2700 for $114 in May 2003
1x1GB PC5300 for $93 in December 2006
2x2GB pc6400 kit for $80 in July 2008
2x2GB ddr3-1333 for $42 December 2010.

Best deal I had? 4GB of ECC DDR2 ram from ebay for $17 shipped.

I can't seem to come up with a reason to justify the purchase. I can't believe that 4GB sticks are dropping in price so quickly. It's good to see.

Dam fine price and i could use it in my media center server but i just can't justify it, why?

Dual channel simply means you are using 2 sticks, triple channel means you are using 3 sticks, you can buy 3 sets of these and have 24GB in triple channel. or use 3 sticks of this ram in triple channel and just either don't bother with the 4th stick or have it by itself in single channel.

Memory prices did this same thing a fews ago, then shot thru the roof again. Buying ram is just like buying stock.

Current projection is that memory manufacturers' loss will cease in Q2 next year. I interpret that meaning price will stabilize or rebound Q1 next year...

Almost regret that 4GB Muskin kit deal that sold for $30 AR. But in reality 4GB is plenty for most systems. Waiting patiently for Sandy Bridge as well :D

Memory prices did this same thing a fews ago, then shot thru the roof again. Buying ram is just like buying stock.

yup. thats about the time i loaded every machine in the house with 8gb of ddr2. i think a 2x2gb kit was going for around 35 bucks. im still running ddr2/amd boards because of the memory prices. now its an option to jump to some ddr3 boards.:D a few months ago anand and some others predicted the memory prices dropping around this time of the year. glad i waited

Back