Shitty Mem. controller on Winny939? + Other stuff

Ducay

Limp Gawd
Hey guys,

So Ive been running my 939 A64 Winchester 3200+ @ 2400MHz with my shitty ram (2x512 of OCZ on a divider on K8N) Finally had some funds and decided it was time to upgrade to 2GB. So I bought a DC pair(2x1GB) of OCZ Gold GX XTC ram.

Now, I cant seem to get the computer stable @ 2200MHz with both sticks in. Currently Ive got one of the two sticks in there and the computer is stable @ 2400Mhz. So my question is: I know Winchesters have terrible mem. controllers, so this is my problem I assume? And is there anything I can do? If not, would say, a 144 Opter provide a good enough RAM controller to be able to use the RAM to at least 250MHz (Assuming the CPU can also get there) Im looking at a 144 Venus.

TAI

Sorry for the hilar thread title, lol.

Anyone have any insight into this? Just cause Im looking at grabbing a 144 today if itd help (Ive been wanting one anyway. Its a good excuse to upgrade)

Ducay said:
Sorry for the hilar thread title, lol.

Anyone have any insight into this? Just cause Im looking at grabbing a 144 today if itd help (Ive been wanting one anyway. Its a good excuse to upgrade)

If you want a excuse for a upgrade, the new 144 will be better than your old one :D

The only advice i can give in that case is to loosen timings or to run the memory asynchronously to see if that helps. It did in my case when my memory is holding the overclocking.

Back