Shortened PSU cables

Itchyeyes

Gawd
I just did a new build in a PC-Q08, and so far I love it. My one problem though is that I reused a Corsair HX620 PSU for the build and the inside of my case is crazy crowded right now. Does anyone know where might be able to find some shorter modular cables that would be compatible with that case? Thanks!

the Silverstone short cable kit I think only works for their PSU. Shortening cables is actually very easy-as long as you can solder. I shortened all the cables on my non modular PSU for my Q07 build. works great!

you don't even have to know how to solder if you have one of these, these, these, a knife, and a light :)

might want to have some spare pins / connectors around for mess ups :D
You just linked to over $60 worth of tools and equipment. I figure if I can find a decent PSU with short cables for under $100, then it's probably much easier (and safer) to just replace the old power supply.

That was all the top end parts, similar items can be had at other places for less. I personally have all of those just because I like to customize every psu I have (even the picos).

And I thought I was special doing PSU mods. Have soldering iron will travel. After I get home I might get some of those fancy tools.

Back