Shorth fly for a G80 in my PC :(

MD

Supreme [H]ardness
Hi, people

Two days ago I went for a ASUS 8800GTS. Got one and installed it in my Shuttle SN25P. I've tryed it first in shop (have friends there) to reasure that PSU will be able to power everything. It was just fine.

At my home later that night I have't had enough time so I've just did 3dmark 2006 and Aquamark and it was great.

Nothing OC-ed at all.

Yesterday I have played few hours and went to check temps regarding a SFF system and 110 watt power grafic card. Temps after few hours of Condition Zero (not source simple not so demanding game) where arround 77 deg. C. I went to Hardocp and they said their card was reaching 81 deg. C so I was cool although on tough card was burning hot. Hot like You doo not want to hold Your finger on it for more then 2 seconds.

Today I came from my work and wanted to show it's preformance and temps to a friend of mine and fired it up. First got something like almost totaly dark Windows booting screen and then after reset system booted normal.

Well that was strange. I go to warm up a grafic card to check temps and start rthdribl.exe and notice just like 65 fps in defaul window mode!? In full screen(1680x1050) just like 20 frames? Temp was still mid 60 deg C. I've stoped it resrtarted wit hsame results. Took system appart and checked every elco for leeks and everything for anomalies nothing. Disconected two HDD's to have some extra power, same.

Now it idles on 70 deg. C (same as yesterday) and runs all 3D apps like cheep ass onboard card :(

I've reinstalled driver, just same preformance :(

Damn it worked good just for few hours :(

I'm going to try it in secon system and if it's same shitty preformance I'll have to bring it back. Not to mention my 7900GT is allready sold :(

Why God why?

I needed to vent sorry.

MD

Try a regular power supply, maybe its the psu finally giving out. Good luck.

It looks like shuttle offers the 8800GTS with their P2 2700g system which is based off the SN27P2. It runs their new 400 watt power supply, should be able to buy the ps from their ebay store. They currently have the 300 watt at the store but selection varies by week.

I was allready looking at possibility to get a 400 watt version because I wanted to change my 4200+ with 4800+ or Opteron 180 or 185. There for I need more power anyuways.

In meantime I've buid in a 8800GTS in PC of friend of mine and it worked there I guess normal. He has Pentium VIIV 2,8 GHz and 1 GB DDr2 ram and preformance was not on level how it was when I've tested it with my system still it did 5 times better then how it works now in my shuttle.

It looks like with shuttle when it needs to doo complex scenery it preformes realy bad. Soon as it need to render simlple things it flyes. So quiete possible power demmand makes it slow.

System of firend of mine is powered with 400 watt Forton PSU and it works well. So today I'm going to get or new standard ATX power supply or some adapter cables to connect one of the power supplys I have home to test it is it a Power supply.

I'm playing with idea to get cheeper ASUS nForce 4SLI mobo to test there everything or even to tansfer my system into a midtower case :(
In case of a transfer I could return GTS and take a GTX anyways. Only I like Shuttle XPC's so much :(

I'll see.

Thx for support.

MD

Back