Should I change 2005FPW to 2405FPW?

boneca

Limp Gawd
Sorry if this question was asked before. I couldn't find...

Just got my 2005FPW monitor couple of weeks ago and now when 2405FPW came out I'm thinking to get it instead.
Should I go for it and if yes what would be the best way to do it (thr. Dell)?

TAIA

Little update, I ordered 2005 on Feb 7, 2005, this is more than 1 mth already. I dunno if I can still return or exchange mine :(

depends what fits ur needs...im contemplating sending it back and building a comp instead for 930 and getting the lcd later again...i have both and somehow the 2005fpw seemed just right for movies and gaming. the 2405 is great as well but owning the 2005fpw took its novelty away pretty fast..one thing is it seems pretty hard to get the right color setting on this monitor

bench261 said:
depends what fits ur needs...im contemplating sending it back and building a comp instead for 930 and getting the lcd later again...i have both and somehow the 2005fpw seemed just right for movies and gaming. the 2405 is great as well but owning the 2005fpw took its novelty away pretty fast..one thing is it seems pretty hard to get the right color setting on this monitor

Thank You for the answer seems like a lot of pain to go thru this (Dell return policy is 21 days). I will probably stick with what I have right now especially when I got 2005FPW it cost me $500 even. And it’s a second edition where supposable back light and dead pixel issues were resolved. I can probably get another one of 2005FPW for the difference I will have to pay to get 2405FPW (steel very tempting)

boneca said:
Thank You for the answer seems like a lot of pain to go thru this (Dell return policy is 21 days). I will probably stick with what I have right now especially when I got 2005FPW it cost me $500 even. And it’s a second edition where supposable back light and dead pixel issues were resolved. I can probably get another one of 2005FPW for the difference I will have to pay to get 2405FPW (steel very tempting)

I have gone through 3 2005fpws......they all have backlighting issues. Or at least, almost all of them do. You might literally have to go through 10 of them. And that of course would take something like 2 months with all the shipping, and I am not sure if Dell would then not allow you to return something after 21 days.

pufftissue said:
I have gone through 3 2005fpws......they all have backlighting issues. Or at least, almost all of them do. You might literally have to go through 10 of them. And that of course would take something like 2 months with all the shipping, and I am not sure if Dell would then not allow you to return something after 21 days.

thx for input, maybe I was just a little luckier with mine since I haven't noticed any issues with mine for last month I had it and beacuse of that I never had to call them or return the monitor.

Back