Should I get a QcK+ mouse mat? I have a Surface fUnc 1030 at the moment

• Thread starter Deleted member 273615
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 273615

I just received my baby Zowie FK and I wonder if I should get me QcK+ mouse mat many people are raving about. A while ago I bought Surface fUnc 1030, which was a known gaming or at least good quality mouse mat. I am just unsure. Is there anyone who owned both? Which one did you prefer and why?

While I'm definitely a fan of cloth mousepads, I'm not sure the Qck+ is all that it's made out to be. Personally I love the feel of the Mionix Alioth pads a bit more, smoother and slicker. Compared with the QcK it doesn't wear out as quickly. Qck + is also very thin, a thicker pad like the QcK heavy may be worth looking at instead.

Either way I would think a cloth pad is an upgrade compared to plastic like on the fUnc, it really comes down to personal preference. In my experience you have much better control and comfort while using a cloth pad.

I recently switched from the func 1030 to the cloth Logitech 240 and it's been a nice switch, I just miss the little clip the func had for the cord.

I take it that cloth mats can differ from each other big time? I have a generic one at home and traction is awfully on it. I take it depends on the mouse too, right? Light mice would have a harder time on cloth mats I think.

Tych-0, which side of the fUnc were you using? I used to use the rough side for G700, but for Zowie FK I use the smooth side and my mouse glides very nicely, which is why I was wondering if I should switch at all.

I wish I could freaking try before I buy. Maybe there is a DIY QcK method, lol?

I just received my baby Zowie FK and I wonder if I should get me QcK+ mouse mat many people are raving about. A while ago I bought Surface fUnc 1030, which was a known gaming or at least good quality mouse mat. I am just unsure. Is there anyone who owned both? Which one did you prefer and why?

If you are into FPSs I must recommend the Zowie GT-F for your FK. It is more or less a hybrid between a hard and soft surface with a very good balance between control and glide. The build quality is one of the best I've seen in a mouse mat and is far more durable than a QcK+.

The only downside is the GT-F has a hard time sticking to materials such as glass. Otherwise I highly recommend it.

I have a QcK, albeit its a Mini and not a + (I have very limited desk space). I love it, its the smoothest and best-feeling pad I've used. Mine is beginning to show heavy signs of wear, but its been about four years. I plan to buy another one whenever I get around to it.

I had a fUnc 1030 years ago and liked it quite a bit. Switched to a Steelseries cloth pad (not sure the exact model number at that time) and couldn't stand it. Way too slow with too much resistance, it totally threw my game off and I was never able to get used to it. Swapped to a Steelseries SP (actually still using it at work) and then to a 4HD and have loved both of them. The only downside to them (particularly the 4HD) is that the texture seems to wear rather quickly which slows down the pad in spots. I've also tried a QcK+ and it just confirmed that I can't stand cloth pads. So I guess the point of this rambling anecdote is that you might want to try a gaming cloth pad before you buy, since the difference from the hard pad will be pretty dramatic.

Not to mention differences from different cloth pads. I know Razer isn't exactly looked at favorably around here, but I recently tried the Goliathus control cloth mat, and very much like it. They have a speed version that presumably is slicker than the typical cloth mat too.

Not to mention differences from different cloth pads. I know Razer isn't exactly looked at favorably around here, but I recently tried the Goliathus control cloth mat, and very much like it. They have a speed version that presumably is slicker than the typical cloth mat too.
The Goliathus line of surfaces are one of the only worthy products that Razer produce. They are good cloth surfaces, arguably better than QCKs. However, the busy print does not play nice with some optical mice.

MonarchX I typically used the rough side of the 1030. I'm finding the Logitech 240 to be quicker, smoother and easier to glide on. My func 1030 was getting really old though.

Back