Should i wait five years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nalgae93

n00b
I was going to make a C2D pc but I was shocked of the price of that CPU! I am on strict budget for next five years until my parents buy me a pc. I'm planning on making a SFF system but I was wondering if I should get a C2D right now or wait five years and if there's going to be a major difference in next five years. Thank you!

Its impossible to predict what could happen in the next 5 years, but i'll guarentee it will absolutely blow a C2D out of the water, like a C2D blows a pentium III out of the water.

Just get your C2D system now...

In 5 years we could easily be looking at 8+ core systems at insane speeds, honestly, if you asked me what could come out in 2 years, i'd be like *Derrrrrrrrr who knows!*

The PC market is ever changing, if you wait, you'll end up keep waiting for the next best thing, because the next thing comes out every few months.

Nalgae93 said:
I was going to make a C2D pc but I was shocked of the price of that CPU! I am on strict budget for next five years until my parents buy me a pc. I'm planning on making a SFF system but I was wondering if I should get a C2D right now or wait five years and if there's going to be a major difference in next five years. Thank you!

LOL... no, there will be no difference at all. Hell... think about what was out 5 years ago. Shit... we've barely moved forward tech wise. I'd say wait 10 years before you buy your next system. We'll probably have moved off of IDE tech by then and I'd bet you'll see 3.5ghz cpus by then.

Please tell me this thread is a joke. Please god.... if not the low IQ section is right above this sub forum. It starts with an A and ends with a D. :D

What was so shocking????
~$180 for a Conroe 6300 that will wipe the floor with any CPU from last year, and most CPU's that are available today... Or the $1000 X6800 that wipes the floor with every CPU out there today and for months to come... :eek:

Poncho said:
Please tell me this thread is a joke. Please god.... if not the low IQ section is right above this sub forum. It starts with an A and ends with a D. :D
AMD has been spanking Intel for the last few years, so calling it the "low IQ section" sort of makes me think that the pot and kettle are calling you black....

just wait 5 years, maybe you won't need a computer until then

Op? Are you kidding?

If you have to ask yourself "Do I need a new computer now, or one in 5 years" you probably dont need a computer at all!

Not a flame, but this *should* be super obvious to you! Look at what's changed in, well... ANY field, over the last 5 years. Christ, 5 years ago CD's were barely cheap enough, and now we have BluRay disks that can hold 30x what a CD could.

HD space has increased by roughly 2000%

Processors have increased in speed by a good 300% and in efficiency of at LEAST 500%

Video Cards absolutuly TROUNCE what was available 5 years ago... What was it, the 9800 pro? The 8800 GTX just D E S T R O Y S what was available back then.

YES, IN FIVE YEARS COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY WILL IMPROVE... by at *least* 100%!

you're probably like 13, your parents are gonna buy you a computer when you go off to college?

The answer to your question depends entirely on the computer you have now and how satisfied you are with it. if your computer is fast enough to meet your every need and you're wondering if you should spend $3,000 on a top of the line system, then i suggest you wait.

is it really a question of now or in 5 years? you cant just save your money and buy a new computer in a year? believe me, 4 years is plenty of life to get from a computer these days.

Prices shocked you? The prices for the e6300 are pretty cheap, then when you factor in it's performance and potential, the value skyrockets! For the first time in awhile, you can cobble together a relatively cheap PC that will perform greatly!

The e6300 and conroes in general are dirt cheap and have AMAZING performance.

My 3.4GHZ P4 was 450$ when I got it and it performs horribly compared to a C2D that just came out and is starting at under $200!

The conroes are some of the cheapest CPUs around so you should not be shocked at all!

And as far as the in 5 yrs thing.....I am not going to even comment :eek:

Do not buy a computer now. In 5 years you can buy a tricorder. You can probably have your own holodeck and transporter by then as well.
A TI speak and spell would be a better purchase for you.

You should probably wait 5 years until you post on this forum again.
Ribs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back