Show off your best pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to photography and although got to develop some pictures in a darkroom never got too deep into it. But as I saw pics from all sorts of digital cameras I noticed that there were none from PDAs. So, here are a few of the better of my 3,000 or so pictures taken on a Japanese Sony Clié NX80V (1.3MP). It sucks with motion and low light, and if you look through my website's photogallery for all of the pics in my school dir (minus XC State) the full res images are blurry and colors aren't too great.

First few pics taken in Japan on grandparent's farm, rest are in Idaho. All are 50% resize, EXIF information retained.

photos_dsc00025_res.jpg

Nashi (Kind of like a pear)

photos_dsc00036_res.jpg

Egg Plant?

photos_dsc00046_res.jpg

Goya (No idea in English - Okinawans love it, it's healthy)

photos_dsc00182_res.jpg

Lewiston Hill (Overlooks Lewiston-Clarkston, Idaho/Washington)

photos_dsc00905_res.jpg

A pic while walking an XC course, forgot which one.

photos_dsc01089_res.jpg

Pic taken returning from said course from inside of a bus. I didn't expect it to turn out this good.

photos_dsc01454_res.jpg

My AP US History Teacher's BMW

photos_dsc01592_res.jpg

XC Team-mate bowling -> Low Lighting yet came out good. Forgot if in low-light mode or not.

photos_dsc01774_res.jpg

Eviden...hrm... Toilet Paper...XC Coach's classroom before Districts... :eek:

While the PDA camera has its pitfalls, I love it for being so portable and always with me. I just wish it would take pictures that were this good more often...

wow, i want one of those Sony Clié NX80V (1.3MP). how much do they cost? is a a palm os or pocket pc? thanks, and i really like those pics.

Originally posted by compslckr
wow, i want one of those Sony Clié NX80V (1.3MP). how much do they cost? is a a palm os or pocket pc? thanks, and i really like those pics.

It's a Palm OS.

You can get the little SD cameras for Pocket PC's.

It is on PalmOS 5. I love the PDA, but I feel that Sony skimped on some stuff, like repeasing the API for developers to use. So, you're stuck with Sony's Camera, Sony's Movie Recorder (160x80 or so res, ouch), and Sony's MP3/ATRAC3 Player... And remember, these are the best of some 3,000 or so pictures I took, since most other ones involved motion (running) and were too blurry.

The NX80V currently officially sells for about $550 from Sony, but Amazon.com has it for $450. There is also a $50 rebate that I hear is floating around, so you can pick it up for like $400. ( http://rasputinj.com/article1400.html ) Mine was used and I got it for $500 about 6-7 months ago. I would have expected Sony to upgrade this line by now, the the only rumors floating around are for different form factors...

Also, the older NZ90 is 2MP, but $700 or so. They have battery problems (no idea what Sony is doing about them), and are just enormous...

And thanks for the compliments on the pictures. I had lots of fun taking them. :)

Here are a few I took this year:

Took these two while on the Brandaris in Wickford, RI.

Brandaris_Mast_Small.jpg

BrandarisSL_Small.jpg

Bowdish Lake in Glocester, RI

BowdishLake_Small.jpg

RiverS3_Small.jpg

Taken on a Kodak CX4200.

Originally posted by agentzero9
Oh and here's one panoramic.

[IMGhttp://home.socal.rr.com/agentnn/m9.jpg[/IMG]

what did you use to stitch it together?

Not all that great but im only using a SD100 :) Good for parties

These just couple i like dont realy compare to most here.

My girlfrieds evil cat
Evil_Cat.jpg

The soon to be mother of my child :) Baby due June 29 :)

Girlfriend.jpg

And her not so evil cat. Witch just happens to be made out of glass :) Got a cool efect with it only has a very light blue tint but the flash realy showes it

CoolEfect.jpg

Maybe one day i be able to post some uber pics ;)

PS: I have to get around to fixing the eyes on the cat. But its a lot harder than fixing red eye :(

*wonders if this will start imitation crotch shots like the recent water faucet shots*

Here are a few of my favorites from my trip to Colorado last month. I use a Fuji Finepix A303, BTW.

mountains.jpg

mountains2.jpg

mountains3.jpg

Originally posted by Gondi
Slay, that surfing pic is amazing.
Hehe, thanks. That was my first time trying to catch surfers and I liked the results as well. Probably be doing more in the future :)

I finally got some stuff to post here.

Bat Cam
Bat%20Cam2.jpg

Washington Monument
DC-040503-2.jpg

Fish & Fowl duking it out
Myrtle%20Beach-040503-8.jpg

The fish won
Myrtle%20Beach-040503-9.jpg

Seattle - Puget Sound
Seattle-040503-1.jpg

Seattle-040503-2.jpg

Seattle-040503-3.jpg

Originally posted by Mr_Bucket
If you want to see amazing surfing pictures, look at these http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/64872
I meant amazing pictures, not pictures of amazing surfing.

I like slay's pic better than the first ones in the link, imo... The colors are just as good, and the emotion of the surfer is better portrayed by Slay's silouette, than the DayGlo wetsuit.

again, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back