Show off your best pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple new ones from me. Digital Rebel with Canon 70-210mm F/4 these where shot wide open.

yellow.jpg

yellow2.jpg

Wow, nice shot of that bird SicFuc, how'd you get such a crisp shot like that. And the lone beach shot is so emo-like as I call it. Pretty neat.

I like the angle you have on the grass Tekie, with some burred and the others not, really nice.

Here is my new shot, my Dad got his old lighter refilled and I just snapped this one on the fire-place.

dsc023671yl.jpg

I've got it in a larger resolution if anybody wants it. jayjaya29[at]gmail[dot]com

HorsePunchKid said:
Couldn't resist...
WOW.

That's a lotta pop. :D

Quick calculation: ~15 caps per row X 18 rows = ~$288 worth of soda.

Where did you get all the bottlecaps from? The trash?

lorcani said:
Quick calculation: ~15 caps per row X 18 rows = ~$288 worth of soda.

Where did you get all the bottlecaps from? The trash?
That would be 16x18, but maybe that was a typo, since you got the 288 right :). It's about three years or so of accumulation of bottlecaps. I was just throwing them in a drawer on the off-chance I'd do something creative with them someday. I don't know that this qualifies as "creative", but it was something to do, at least.

Unfortunately, with so many red ones (Coke), it's difficult to do anything like a mosaic or like this.

Not exactly one of my best, but it's currently serving as a nice desktop background :). Taken with S2 Pro, Sigma 50mm, Sigma ring flash. Pic links to larger version.

ToiIetDuck[IMG said:
http://privatewww.essex.ac.uk/~mquint/uemc/uemcpembroke2005/slides/DSCF0014.JPG[/IMG]

Snapped this weekend whilst climbing in Pembrokeshire, Wales :)

Wow. :eek: :eek:

HorsePunchKid said:
Not exactly one of my best, but it's currently serving as a nice desktop background :). Taken with S2 Pro, Sigma 50mm, Sigma ring flash. Pic links to larger version.

Cool Picture...and I really like your image gallery on your site. It's very clean, and you have a ton of amazing pics
cool.gif

<EDIT>
holy crap the version 2-beta of Gallery is amazing!@!! (I have been using 1.4 for some time now)

draconius said:
holy crap the version 2-beta of Gallery is amazing!@!! (I have been using 1.4 for some time now)
I do like Gallery2 an awful lot, but it's not without its problems in its beta form. I actually felt like the last alpha I had was more reliable. It's not terribly unlikely that I've misconfigured it in various ways, but I get a lot of broken thumbnails. But really my main complaint is that the developers do not actually understand how to use CSS effectively. This makes it incredibly frustrating trying to tweak the look. Anyway, I'm done ranting. Gallery2 is a great project, even in beta.

I see what you mean about the thumbs....but overall, it is indeed a huge improvement over 1.x.

Thought so, I knew those kind of colors are not possible like that, good picture anyways.

Kool pic blindviper, did you do it like that on purpose?

jayjaya29 said:
Thought so, I knew those kind of colors are not possible like that, good picture anyways.

Whoa whoa...the colors were actually like that..I used levels because the pic was underexposed. Nature is a pretty amazing thing.

It was a gorgeous day to shoot some pictures, but I was mostly stuck inside. Managed to snap this on the way to lunch.

I think this shot suffers greatly from being reduced to 800 high, but I like it enough that I'm gonna post it anyway. The taxi at the bottom of the picture makes it look like a very detailed miniature.

Uptown.jpg

SicFuc said:
Whoa whoa...the colors were actually like that..I used levels because the pic was underexposed. Nature is a pretty amazing thing.

Oh, my bad, kinda a n00b at editing pics.

Where was that pic taken, becuase its simply amazing.

jayjaya29 said:
Oh, my bad, kinda a n00b at editing pics.

Where was that pic taken, becuase its simply amazing.

It was taken on the east side of Fort DeSoto Park in St. Petersburg, FL overlooking the Sunshine Skyway.

jayjaya29 said:

Kool pic blindviper, did you do it like that on purpose?
nope I was trying to take a picture of the core this is the pic I ended up with
PDRM0224.JPG

Thought I'd throw this in here:

I wish I'd cleaned off the core a bit more before; would've been a better shot.

Took this one recently:

Not a terribly interesting subject but I think that the picture turned out pretty well.

Hehehe, thats such an awesome pose.

All these pictures make me want to forget about a car and save up for a Canon and use my Dad's lenses since he has a ton of good ones.

one i took yesterday that i think looks rather good considering it was with a crappy Kodak easyshare DX4330 (3.1 MP) that i borrowed from school (im getting a new camera this saturday for my b-day :D)

taken in macro mode obviously
click for full size

yes i realize theres a little bit of noise...but you cant expect it to be THAT good :rolleyes:..i mean..I took the photo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back