Show off your Heatsink thread

so i'm guessing he had to run the cables before he put the mobo in? doesn't seem like some of the cable connectors are small enough to fit in the gap between the mobo and case.

mpegripper said:
so i'm guessing he had to run the cables before he put the mobo in? doesn't seem like some of the cable connectors are small enough to fit in the gap between the mobo and case.
iono why dont you ask him :p

list of heatsinks that i want to see:
CM hyper 6
thermalright si-120
CM hyper 48
scythe ninja
Tt silent tower
thermalright xp90C

lets see 'em :cool:

i would love to see a cnps9500, but since its not released yet, i highly doubt we'll have a real poster with a pic of his/hers.

Here is my HSF as it is now.

DSC00474.jpg

nice man.....i love the clean set up with the exception of a few wires.....btw is that a praetorian or a wavemaster? or even an ATC? :p

It's a black praetorian. I do want to make my setup cleaner, but i have to get sleeving, and I'm impatient. Easy lazy man tips welcomed.

yblocgerg said:
It's a black praetorian. I do want to make my setup cleaner, but i have to get sleeving, and I'm impatient. Easy lazy man tips welcomed.
wow...a black praetorian....one of my favorite cases :p well go ahead and pick up some black sleeving and clean that hoe up :D

i dont have any issues pushing any wires behind the mobo where they belong, i can show why/how but you can trust me i suppose

i used to have a silent boost i ran on my k7, dont got it anymore tho, lapped that as well :p

ryuji said:
i used to have a silent boost i ran on my k7, dont got it anymore tho, lapped that as well :p

TOO BAD I DIDNT WANNA SEE IT ANYWAYS

JK :p

ryuji said:
a heat sink you dont wana see? wow i guess we finaly satisfied you
heatpiped heatsinks only! unless its special ( like scythe's heatlane heatsinks ) and zalmans :cool:

N H O said:
heatpiped heatsinks only! unless its special ( like scythe's heatlane heatsinks ) and zalmans :cool:
i just got my zalman 7700 cu...jesus christ this thing weighs a ton.....do the xp's weigh this much?

nope, the xps are mostly aluminium (bar the xp90 copper version of course) so they're lighter

Edit: @ erf

domoMKIV said:
any chance you have some pics with the GPU mounted in there?

Here you go:

Here's what I'm running right now. I think it's an ATI 9600 board but I can't remember. Those damn capacitors on the back really get in the way!! And it looks like just about every other ATI card has caps in the same area too. So I'm living with it though. You can see the card has to bend slightly to fit in there between the two Coolermaster heatsinks...
coolermaster03.jpg

It's a real shame this card sucks because it fits perfectly! I believe this is a nVidia FX5400 or something. My ATI card runs circles around it in UT2004 and it won't run dual-screen. I'll probably pick up another nVidia card sometime soon as it looks like they will fit in between my two coolers (no pesky caps sitting there on the end of the card)...
coolermaster04.jpg

ryuji said:
im suprised no SP series sinks have shown up
Excuse the light dust buildup. It's a Thermalright SP-97, the fan is a 92mm Panaflo Medium, and the thermal compound is Ceramique.

IMG_0131.JPG

IMG_0141.JPG

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_1017.JPG

IMG_1041.JPG

ah wat the heck? almost four thousand views and only a few heatsinks? lets see sum more....impress me peeps (not that im not impressed with some of these shots :p BUT MAKE ME MORE impressed )

well...here's an update on my heasink. before my XP-90 was only lapped to 600grit(pic on first page) now i got it upto 2000 and I also did my P4 :D :D

cant really see the pics good here, click on pic to see full size :p

holy mother man....i can see the damn cam that ur taking the pic with!!!! show me sum temps now! :D

got the xp 90, going to reseat it when i buy some alchol. and get it nice and clean same with my bfg 6800 gt oc. going to put As5 all around see what temps i get.

N H O said:
ah wat the heck? almost four thousand views and only a few heatsinks? lets see sum more....impress me peeps (not that im not impressed with some of these shots :p BUT MAKE ME MORE impressed )
While there are some nice sinks here I would have to agree. Where is all the custom work?

Here's 1.6 KG of copper love'in for ya. :D

Don't mind the getto fan retention devices :rolleyes: Yes thats green gardening wire holding the fans on. :p

heatsink1.JPG

RotorHead....that is sum nice custom work.....wat cpus are the heatsinks cooling?

N H O said:
RotorHead....that is sum nice custom work.....wat cpus are the heatsinks cooling?

The CPU's are 3.2Ghz Xeon Irwindales running at 3.5 and 218 FSB. The heatsinks are stock passive versions. I made a mistake when ordering the processors, I ment to get the active cooled ones but it turned out to my advantage because the passive heatsinks are a little bigger. I just had to figure out how to attach the fans. Being a helicopter mechanic, I figured I would just safety wire them on but all I had was some gardining wire the wife uses on her plants. That turned out to be a good thing also because the gardining wire has a thin plastic coating on it. A few minutes later....Bam! active cooling! :D

Load temps are 37c running 4 instances of F@H so I'm not complaning. ;)

RotorHead said:
The CPU's are 3.2Ghz Xeon Irwindales running at 3.5 and 218 FSB. The heatsinks are stock passive versions. I made a mistake when ordering the processors, I ment to get the active cooled ones but it turned out to my advantage because the passive heatsinks are a little bigger. I just had to figure out how to attach the fans. Being a helicopter mechanic, I figured I would just safety wire them on but all I had was some gardining wire the wife uses on her plants. That turned out to be a good thing also because the gardining wire has a thin plastic coating on it. A few minutes later....Bam! active cooling! :D

Load temps are 37c running 4 instances of F@H so I'm not complaning. ;)
very interesting and nice indeed ;)

Thinking about the Tt Big Typhoon for the Pentium D rig to hold me over until the swiffy kit. Will have to post some pics later :cool:

Back