Show off your OSX desktop

iTerm, very good terminal program:) Allows multiple tabs and everything. Highly suggested.

iTerm also allows "bookmarks", which pretty allow you to save keyboard combinations which is handy if you need to do remote server work. Handy for me for my file server. Eat it ZMTToxics:)

thanks for the intro to iTerm will definitely be able to customize my files and such without having to go through all those clicks

Here's my contribution.

myscreenda3.jpg

iTerm also allows "bookmarks", which pretty allow you to save keyboard combinations which is handy if you need to do remote server work. Handy for me for my file server. Eat it ZMTToxics:)

No thanks. I have never had to bookmark a command in my life. But I could see how it could be useful for the newbs. :cool::D

Yeah, I'm using Candybar to change my icons and dock. I think there are a couple free ones out there also.

No thanks. I have never had to bookmark a command in my life. But I could see how it could be useful for the newbs. :cool::D

Yes because it makes complete sense to remember and type out long command lines and switches....

Lol. I am a unix sys-admin. Its my job to remember long complicated commands and use them repeatedly all day every day (its what pays my un-holy iphone bill :p).

And you don't see the value in being more productive and saving time?

And you don't see the value in being more productive and saving time?

Counter productive my friend. In a real environment you are often not allowed your personal machine on the company network or on the subnet for the machines you are administrating. So where is the benefit to me having this iTerm bookmark them for me when I would still have to manually type it out again anyways?

Productivity comes from remembering what needs to be done being prepared - not from searching through book marks or documents for the commands. If anything gets too complicated, the alias file as mentioned is one solution. Most of the time I would definitely write a shell script for it (even for 1 command) as they are easily transported between machines (you don't always have an alias file, or even bash). If it was a routine thing, I would set a cron job for the script I wrote. A good 75% of my job is writing scripts.

This is a screenshot thread, folks, get it back on topic lest a Mod decide to shut it down, please.

How are you guys getting customized icons / menu bar / dock?

Using Shapeshifter / Candybar?

morpheus777, I really like that dock setup you have :D

Picture1-8.png

Adium Skin: Overture 1928 with Group Bubbles
Yahoo Widgets : Neon Gauges
Album Cover: Coversutra
Dock Icons: Taken from TooBooKoo, using CandyBar
App Launcher: OverFlow

Looking through a few of these but I have to ask does anyone run OSX Tigeranymore? Everyone looks like they are running Leopard.

i didn't want to screencap all three screens then host and link so thought i'd just post the pic?

i hope nobody minds, i will screencap tho if anyone complains. all three desktops are from Interfacelift, 24" iMac is running Tiger, 2.53Ghz MBP is running Leopard

3069640803_ed5c2591b5_o.jpg

i didn't want to screencap all three screens then host and link so thought i'd just post the pic?

i hope nobody minds, i will screencap tho if anyone complains. all three desktops are from Interfacelift, 24" iMac is running Tiger, 2.53Ghz MBP is running Leopard

Very clean setup, I like it! :)

Looking through a few of these but I have to ask does anyone run OSX Tigeranymore? Everyone looks like they are running Leopard.
Sure. I run Tiger on my MacBook (white, 1st gen) and Leopard on my new unibody MacBook Pro. I also have an older iBook G4 running Tiger. I doubt I'll upgrade the G4 anytime soon.

can anyone suggest a good app to show what itunes is playing in the background??

how do you like your new MBP? i'm looking at purchasing the exact same model next week and wanted some input from someone who owns ones.

Back