Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

[Retaliation] said:
DSCN0224.sized.jpg

Is it just me or does it look like there's an alien with a long nose in the lava lamp? :D

wjchan said:
Briefly tried the Apple 30
[IMG ]http://www.harmony-central.com/Test/wilson/two.jpg[/IMG]

...but 4MP just doesnt cut it. Went back to dual T221

[IMG ]http://www.harmony-central.com/Test/wilson/2xT221.jpg[/IMG]

thank you. i can die a happy man now.

SLiCkFX said:
Is it just me or does it look like there's an alien with a long nose in the lava lamp? :D

I see him!...Look slike he is holding his crotch wtih his left hand :D

SLiCkFX said:
hehe..yeh...its some random tristwed shit ..you should see it 1st ten minutes its on...it looks like its givin birth :D :D :D

ASmith said:
Wow that thing is huge, I have one the same colors. Too bad that other guy got his from a uk website :rolleyes: . Does anyone else know of a website that sells a large variety of them. I know this thread is about lcd setups. I'll post a pic of my vp912b when I get it.
my girlfriend informs me it came from walmart around 50$
:eek: :eek: :eek: maybe i should start a lava lamp thread? um..how about no

Nice to see someone else uses a Nu Tech monitor :D . I felt so lonely... Wish I had the 19in instead of the 17in, but I'm happy with mine - much better than my old fuzzy CRT.

pixelbaker said:
Nice to see someone else uses a Nu Tech monitor :D . I felt so lonely... Wish I had the 19in instead of the 17in, but I'm happy with mine - much better than my old fuzzy CRT.
I got it couple days ago... I love the damn thing... kicks ass in games!!

flat4 said:
thought i'd post mine

new1.jpg

I have the same table (mine is Birch) and monitor as you! I am deciding between the z-5300e or the z-5500 like what you have there. The controller looks b@d@$$. But I don't want to spend to much.

How do the 5500s sound? I may end up with the 5300 because they can be had at approx ~$155ish from newegg. The 5500s would run me a hair over $300. I could afford it but I dont want to spend that much for PC speakers as I already have a HT setup.

flat4 said:
thought i'd post mine

new3.jpg

new2.jpg

new1.jpg

Great-looking setup! I've got the same Jerker desk. :D I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Dell's new 2405FPW LCD to replace my 2001FP.

dscf00049ta.jpg

sweet Tman, is that a Hexx?

edit: nevermind, I know it is. I recognized your board name from over at the voodoo boards. I'm not registered though, just read them.

Dr3wStx said:
dr3wstx8az.jpg

Samsung syncmaster 1701mp (with TV in)
I know you guys have got to be tired of me, but where did you get that desk? I promise I won't ask anyone else where they got anything in this thread again... :D

ASmith said:
I know you guys have got to be tired of me, but where did you get that desk? I promise I won't ask anyone else where they got anything in this thread again... :D

You can get that desk at Officemax or Staples and probably Office Depot.

DeepGrey said:
I have the same table (mine is Birch) and monitor as you! I am deciding between the z-5300e or the z-5500 like what you have there. The controller looks b@d@$$. But I don't want to spend to much.

How do the 5500s sound? I may end up with the 5300 because they can be had at approx ~$155ish from newegg. The 5500s would run me a hair over $300. I could afford it but I dont want to spend that much for PC speakers as I already have a HT setup.

the sound is really good. if u can afford it i would say go for the 5500's everytime i play hl2 i am still amazed by the sound.

atlwriter said:
Great-looking setup! I've got the same Jerker desk. :D I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Dell's new 2405FPW LCD to replace my 2001FP.

dscf00049ta.jpg

what desk is that/from what store?

wjchan said:
The DG5 model also supports this external dual-link to 2x single-link converter. I'd call it a splitter instead of converter. In dual-link DVI, the odd and even pixels are transmitted over 2 separate channels. This box merely splits the 2 channels into 2 separate DVI interfaces for the DG5. (Therefore you can't use this splitter to drive 2 separate monitors.) The DG5 internally reassembles the odd/even to form the image. The usual way to drive the DG5 is 2624x2400 with the dual-link DVI and 1214x2400 with the single-link. The graphics card driver is set to horizontal span in order to fool Windows into thinking it's 1 big screen.

Okay, I get it. One quick question, in the end, what vertical freq. did you end up of the above res.? If it is 48Hz, isn't it not fast enough and causes eye strain?

Anoesis said:

When you use ImageStack, do you have to download some special software in your hard drive? If not, how do you use that web site to display free pic?

I'm having a hard time trying to find web site hosting free pic. The best one is freewebspace, but the bandwidth is very limited.

Happy Hopping said:
When you use ImageStack, do you have to download some special software in your hard drive? If not, how do you use that web site to display free pic?

I'm having a hard time trying to find web site hosting free pic. The best one is freewebspace, but the bandwidth is very limited.

The moment you go to Imageshack there's a browse button to select the image you want to upload, you do, then you're taken to the next page with several options on accessing and linking the file in forums and such, like the thumbnail way.

http://imageshack.us/

No software dls needed.

I just use http://uploadit.org/ with the $10 a year subscription. Works well, easy to use, they just added a folder system too.

TimothyB said:
The moment you go to Imageshack there's a browse button to select the image you want to upload, you do, then you're taken to the next page with several options on accessing and linking the file in forums and such, like the thumbnail way.

http://imageshack.us/

No software dls needed.

I just use http://uploadit.org/ with the $10 a year subscription. Works well, easy to use, they just added a folder system too.
alot of folks use this site...i tried em out...was very happy they r not free..but 25$/year isnt bad either
http://www.photobucket.com/

Happy Hopping said:
can you tell us more as to how you create those "hose" (wire) is black?
Sure, that thick-looking wire is actually hollow. You can snake 8-10 cables through it to eliminate the South American rainforest of cables behind your desk. You can buy these things at Wal-Mart, Container Store, Best Buy, etc.

I'm looking for a 19, 20 or 21 inch wide screen LCD. Don't want to spend more than $700. What do you guys recommend?

btgman said:
I'm looking for a 19, 20 or 21 inch wide screen LCD. Don't want to spend more than $700. What do you guys recommend?

Probably the Dell 2005FPW 20.1" Widescreen, but make sure to wait until theres a deal that brings it down to about 549-600 instead of the full price.

Digitized said:
dude,

That's a JERKER desk from IKEA, shame on you! :p

Welcome to the reality of everyone not having an ikea near them. The real world is an amazing place, nice to have you on board.

meelk said:
Welcome to the reality of everyone not having an ikea near them. The real world is an amazing place, nice to have you on board.

dude, I was just kidding. I guess the smiley---> :p wasn't doing his job.

danbanger said:
Probably the Dell 2005FPW 20.1" Widescreen, but make sure to wait until theres a deal that brings it down to about 549-600 instead of the full price.

Yeah, I've read good things about it. Cheers.

Back