Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Hi everyone, new member here. You guys have some amazing setups. Here are some pics of my gear, nothing spectacular but at least it's reasonably clean...LOL.

Click on the thumbnails for the larger images.

ih8tspam said:
Hi everyone, new member here. You guys have some amazing setups. Here are some pics of my gear, nothing spectacular but at least it's reasonably clean...LOL.

Hey Spam... If there's one thing I've learnt throughout this thread it's that someone, somewhere, owns your system totally... It's what you do with what you have that's the main thing around here :) And it being clean, as can be seen in earlier posts, is a plus ;) I think you have a good looking setup there

JonDo[H] said:
Hey Rash, nice setup! And hello there from Doncaster UK! :D Not only that, I've got exactly the same shuttle as you and I used to have those very same speakers! :eek:

You're absolutely right about prices over here. Though this was somewhat rectified by the incredible price I recently got on one Dell 2405FPW. Speaking of which, I'll get a rig photo up on here this afternoon.
:eek: !! we must have good taste!! ;)
i have been looking for a good 5.1 replacement but havent found any for my budget that boom like these do, i could go for a sony davs but it would mean a wasted dvdplayer

My gear.

rig1.JPG

Need a new desk tho :mad:

Rash said:
:eek: !! we must have good taste!! ;)
i have been looking for a good 5.1 replacement but havent found any for my budget that boom like these do, i could go for a sony davs but it would mean a wasted dvdplayer

I'm using the Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1 atm. Unfortunately, they don't have all the inputs of the Logitechs, but they sound a lot "sharper" (much better pitch) and have less boomy bass. The ultimate 5.1 PC solution are the Klipsch speakers, which is a bitch since they don't sell them here :p

mutazx said:
I think you have a good looking setup there
Thanks, I think this is an awesome site. :) I just love checking out what other people have done, what a computer geek I am... :D

Rash said:
The Bass is fantastic all round although it does move some of the accessories on the desktop when cranked up lol! the keyboard is the sony vaio vgp-wkb1/g (wirless keyboard and mouse) the bottom of the keyboard has a trackpad which can also fold up to cover the keyboard, heres the link:
http://shop.sonystyle-europe.com/catalog/41/41A4BE4E272500B3000000002BC29B8F.swf

Sweet. I saw that keyboard at the Sony Style store and was very impressed. I would have purchased it if I didn't already have the DiNovo Desktop.

well, even though I've spent a lot of time and money on my computer...

this thread = throw my computer away and live in the forest

holy fuck seasonings

Here's my setup. Dell 1800FP on the left and a new 2405FPW on the right. Ignore the cable salad below the 2405, I'm still setting that rig up, and the Dell sub on the floor is going away soon. (and there's a 600m in there somewhere)

41203231.jpg

41203225.jpg

Tigerblade said:
Quick pic taken with my Sony Ericsson S700i. Quality isn't good cos it was taken with vga settings not megapixel. Panasonic Viera 42" Plasma playing Half Life 2 :D

I'll get a pic when I've got my 2 TFT's set up ;)

What is this? I get this in HL2 as well.

41204421.jpg

dude, which dell speakers are those. They look a lot like the Altec speakers my friend has that aren't made anymore and they sound really sweet.

Goat said:
dude, which dell speakers are those. They look a lot like the Altec speakers my friend has that aren't made anymore and they sound really sweet.

Yep, thats what they are, Altec Lansing 5.1 set. They do sound good, I just want a smaller 2.1 setup for that computer.

AuroraProject said:
Here's my setup. Dell 1800FP on the left and a new 2405FPW on the right. Ignore the cable salad below the 2405, I'm still setting that rig up, and the Dell sub on the floor is going away soon. (and there's a 600m in there somewhere)

41203225.jpg

Will your 2405 sit in its lowest position with that kilpsch center channel sitting in the base? I'm looking at getting the klipsch pro media ultas but would still like my moniotor to sit in its lowest position even if it blocks the speaker a little bit.

Thanks

ih8tspam said:
What's that grey thingy under the desk with the green lights in front of it? Cable modem, router, KVM switch, print server, or ???
I once had a cable modem that looked just like that.

Equalizer said:
Will your 2405 sit in its lowest position with that kilpsch center channel sitting in the base? I'm looking at getting the klipsch pro media ultas but would still like my moniotor to sit in its lowest position even if it blocks the speaker a little bit.

Thanks

Not quite, it's very close but no, it sits up slightly.

AuroraProject said:

41203225.jpg

Hey,

Just wondering why that doesnt look like its widescreen????

or am i just not seeing it???

bonds

the_Ultimate said:
why do u guys have 2 moniters??
It's called a "dual monitor" setup....most video cards have 2 outputs, either both VGA, one VGA and and one DVI, or both DVI...it makes for much more efficient multi tasking and easier computing...for example, one screen can be playing a DVD while you can surf the net on the other...or in Photoshop you can have all the toolbars, etc on one screen, and have just the picture on the other. You can stretch your whole desktop across both of the monitors, and have a really long taskbar, etc etc etc...the possibilities are great and endless. Does that answer your question?

EDIT: and yes, that widescreen monitor looks very much like widescreen...I'd have to be the second one that wants to know what you smoked! :p ;) ...because if it works THAT good, I'd even try it! he he he, LOL. :D

AuroraProject said:
What is this? I get this in HL2 as well.

41204421.jpg

It's caused by Anti-Aliasing or Anisotropic filtering, iirc external driver-based settings will do that but the in-game settings do not... but I have a REALLY poor memory.

AuroraProject, I noticed that you have a shark fin cable modem.. do you have comcast cable?
If so, you should call and have it replaced with a current modem. That modem you have is no longer certified for the comcast network. (just tell the tech that when you call.)

After I got mine switched my speed went from 2mb to 5mb instantly. They replaced mine with a Motorola SB5-120.

nancyboy said:
I noticed that you have a shark fin cable modem.. do you have comcast cable?
If so, you should call and have it replaced with a current modem. That modem you have is no longer certified for the comcast network. (just tell the tech that when you call.)

After I got mine switched my speed went from 2mb to 5mb instantly. They replaced mine with a Motorola SB5-120.

Yes, I do have Comcast. I was wondering why I can't hit their newly advertised 4mb speeds. Thanks.

Got mine second 2005FPW today picture below, its pretty cool but I have to get use to it.

I will have to get 3rd or replace them both with 2405FPW, so far it's very hard to get used to looking at black border in the middle.

P1000433.jpg

Got me my new DELL and I love it. Perfect. I was looking at my wifes LCD and realised its the same height and my DELL. She now has the 19inch LCD and I got this set up.

Say hello samson!!! WOOF :D

Pkirk618 said:
Got me my new DELL and I love it. Perfect. I was looking at my wifes LCD and realised its the same height and my DELL. She now has the 19inch LCD and I got this set up.

Say hello samson!!! WOOF :D

Your icons look HUGE!!!

H4nco: You must have good tast judging by that huge plasma and very nice chair. Which leads me to ask, what brand toilet roll do you use?

Back