Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

strange place to keep your guitars.... :p I would trip over them all the time...

dr.redundancy doctor said:
191487145_5442d35968.jpg

Still want to get a Griffin Powermate and a combo USB/memory card reader. If anyone knows of a cheap good looking one, let me know.

My Setup: Macbook Pro 1.83/2gb/80gb hd : 2007wfp (banding included awaiting replacement) : iLap : Logitech DiNovo : Microsoft Laser 6000 Mouse : Nokia 8801 : M-Audio Firewire Solo : Fender DG-16 : Epiphone Masterbilt Dr-500RNS : Maxtor Onetouch II 250 gb (enclosure from eBay =$20, hard drive from woot! = $55, $75 total!)

jrzimm612 said:
strange place to keep your guitars.... :p I would trip over them all the time...

lol i thought the same thing, but people like to 'show off' their goods, not just lcd's I suppose

thenixhex311 said:
what kinda chair is that? and where'd you get it? im in the market for a new chair and that looks REAL nice!
Thanks! I got the chair years ago at Best Buy. Not sure if they still carry it.

About chairs - these are the two best budget chairs I've found so far

This officemax chair is really nice but the headrest doesn't really support your head unless you lean your head back alot (past neutral).

Pneumatic Ergonomic Task Chair (officemax)
77772073685A.GIF

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found this chair at officedepot when I bought my gf's desk. It supports your head and neck when you are sitting upright/neutral so I prefer it. It also has alot more adjustment capability than the officemax chair (armrests and seat sections, etc)

.Raynor Maverick Multifunction Fabric Executive Chair, 44"H x 26 1/2"W x 25"D, Gray
278000_sk_md.jpg

Is the keyboard drawer large enough to comfortably use the keyboard and mouse there though?

the keyboard-drawer on my Horizon L desk (officemax) is 24 3/4" long, which is over two feet which should be enough room for a keyboard and mouse. It looks alot bigger than other keyboard drawers I've had. I prefer to use the desktop surface for my keyboard and mouse though, and the officemax desk being 1" shorter than my gf's officedepot desk makes a difference for that purpose.

777721021699.GIF

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is the corner desk my gf has.
Office Depot® Knollwood L-Computer Workcenter, 29 5/8"H x 70 1/8"W x 70 1/8"D, Snow Maple Its keyboard shelf size is 27 1/4"W x 11 1/2"D, which is bigger than the one on my desk. Its also in the middle.

703638_sk_md.jpg

elvn said:
the keyboard-drawer on my Horizon L desk (officemax) is 24 3/4" long, which is over two feet which should be enough room for a keyboard and mouse. It looks alot bigger than other keyboard drawers I've had. I prefer to use the desktop surface for my keyboard and mouse though, and the officemax desk being 1" shorter than my gf's officedepot desk makes a difference for that purpose.

Hehe, if you look in that image the keyboard and mouse barely fit on there. :)

If you have any kind of fancy keyboard like the Logitech G15 which measures a whopping 21.5" wide theres no room to use a mouse on it. I removed the keyboard tray from the desk i'm using because it wasn't wide enough to really be comfortable to use even with a smaller KB.

Do you find the central pillar in the corner gets in the way when you're sitting at the diagonal part of the desk?

Well my current keyboard is about 18" wide. The desk I have now has a 26" wide keyboard tray so hopefully it won't make too much of a difference. BTW, did you measure the tray including the black metal things that it slides on or just the actual keyboard tray?

The measurement I gave from my gf's desk keyboard tray is from the officedepot web site. I don't remember if I included the black rails or not on my desk's tray measurement. The rails are flat horizontal on top and match the tray's height so I'm assuming I ran the tape across the entire usable surface of the tray. I'm not at home right now so I can't remeasure to check.
I agree with you about keyboard space. I have wide shoulders and dont like having to keep my hands together and big elbows tucked in to use my keyboard and mouse. I use an ergo split keyboard and a ms trackman marble optical. The mouse has a thumb-ball so I don't even have to move the mouse itself. Including the eronomic wrist part of the keyboard to the far edge of my mouse its probably 25", almost 27" with the pad figured in since I keep my mouse on a pad for extra comfort. Those preferences of mine, plus the fact that I'm using multiple monitors made me seek out a desk low enough that it allowed me to use the entire desktop as a keyboard and mouse surface.

Leg Room
On her desk the central support is two angled panels in the back so none of the desk structure is where you put your feet/legs. On my desk it depends what you mean by 'in the way of where you put your feet'. I put one or both feet in the 'pillar-box', or I could put a foot on either side of its walls, or straddle the whole thing. I find its most comfortable with my left foot on the floor of the box and my right foot outside of it, or sitting with my feet together or ankles crossed. Its very comfortable to me sitting in those positions, especially with my new chair. I actually like having the wall of the box there to push on with my leg sometimes too. I would recommend you go to an officemax like I did to test it out though. I pulled one of their desk chairs over to the desk setup and adjusted its height to where I could easily lay my hands on the desktop (since I wanted to use my keyboard and mouse on the desktop itself. Sit there for a few minutes changing your posture and see if it bothers you or not.

I prefer my desk to my gf's because mine is one inch shorter and that height lends itself better to using my keyboard and mouse on the desktop. The central box-pillar also adds alot of support to the middle of the desk, where I happen to have a 92 Lb 24" widescreen CRT monitor. The other things I prefer about the desk is the color, the 1" thick desktop, and it seems to take up less of the room than hers since the rear corner is chamfered on mine. It might be slightly narrower than hers too.

DarkStar02 said:
Wondermoose - How much would you want for it?

I would just take it back if I decided not to keep it. I paid $1630 with tax so I doubt many are going to want to pay enough over that for me to make a profit worth it.

wondermoose said:
I would just take it back if I decided not to keep it. I paid $1630 with tax so I doubt many are going to want to pay enough over that for me to make a profit worth it.
I see. Good luck to you!

apologies for the crappy pics. Taken with my mobile phone

BenQ 19" FP92W, Cambridge Soundworks FPS2000 w/ Surround Station, Logitech Rumblepad2, crappy HP Deskjet 710C printer :rolleyes:

2107062106mm1.jpg

Logitech Ultraflat dark shine & Microsoft Wireless IE 2.0

2107062107kd1.jpg

My new ViewSonic n2751w... love it..

hometheater.gif

Camera made the speakers/shelf look a little 'spotty'

magnetik said:
http://www.thunderpimp.com/pics/krk/P1010221.JPG[/i mg][/QUOTE]

Looks expensive.

What's that mini box to the right of the monitor and its function?

As well, I'm curious what possible use that soundbar has to a person like you when you have those beautiful speakers. Seems like an awful waste, in my educated (or uneducated) guess.

a ronin said:
Looks expensive.

What's that mini box to the right of the monitor and its function?

As well, I'm curious what possible use that soundbar has to a person like you when you have those beautiful speakers. Seems like an awful waste, in my educated (or uneducated) guess.

wasn't too expensive.. I got the speakers for $338 shipped.

thats box is a DAC .. which I feed a digital signal from my XFI then back out to the monitors using the unbalanced connector. (RCA)

My buddy gave me the soundbar.. it's not hooked up.. but I use it sometimes when I take the monitor over to friends houses for lan parties... if I forget my headphones.

I'm not sure if this actually counts but the lappy is a 19'' widescreen as well so!

Notebook is a new mALX from Alienware. Took just under 3 months to get it, arrived 3 days ago :D

Let me know what you think!

Wow, this is the first time I come in this topic and it seems that ALMOST everybody here has a Dell FW on his desktop :eek: .
Why? Price ? Design ?
There is lot alternative screens available (eg: Acer AL, or Asus PW ) with almost the same price.

I ask this because I still dont have any idea about what will be my next 20wide LCD screen...
About design its something very personnal.
I dont think Asus or Acer have done a very bad job, but that's sure the Dell 2007 is really cute.

ecranasuskh2.jpg

you find that ugly?

Back