Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

el rolio said:
uhm, WHOA!?!?!?!? i thought they hadnt started shipping the XPS 700 yet?!?!?!?!??!? how'd you get one? and on a related note, i love the fact that dell advertises the xps 700 at the URL:

www.dell.com/[B]FTW[/B] - HAHAHAHHAHA. love it. so ya, is it core 2? and did you JUST get it? and wow dual 2407, have fun!

that actually made me LOL, i love it.

off to work now, ill post my lcd setup tonight.

2405FPW :D

Desktop3.jpg

The TV is amazing. I really can't say I have seen anything better with my own two eyes.

I need a new desk, I agree. But I use folding tables because I rent :( When I get my own place I will have a custom made office!

reveille_83, impressive. I love it!
I wish they would export these displays to Switzerland :)

I just bought a new Samsung 204B (black) to complement my existing NEC 1760NX.

Specs:
Samsung: 1600x1200 / 20.1" / 5ms pixel response according to Samsung
NEC: 1280x1024 / 17" / 16ms pixel response according to NEC

With both monitors hooked up, I have 2880 pixels horizontally, and either 1200 or 1024 vertically. :) Woohoo. Definitely not as fancy as what some of you folks have, but if you're on a budget, multiple monitors might fit the bill. The 204B was only $290 after rebate.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~mjr/lcd.png

mattsaccount said:
I just bought a new Samsung 204B (black) to complement my existing NEC 1760NX.

Specs:
Samsung: 1600x1200 / 20.1" / 5ms pixel response according to Samsung
NEC: 1280x1024 / 17" / 16ms pixel response according to NEC

With both monitors hooked up, I have 2880 pixels horizontally, and either 1200 or 1024 vertically. :) Woohoo. Definitely not as fancy as what some of you folks have, but if you're on a budget, multiple monitors might fit the bill. The 204B was only $290 after rebate.

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~mjr/lcd.png
the 204b is amazing, I love mine.

Thanks mattsaccount :) I'm not planning on having that really make a difference in how I life my life, but it's a cool thing to have nonetheless.

Just got a new black Ergotron stand from Staples to replace the white/beige stand that came with my 20WMGX2

IMG_0140.jpg

Just moved in to my new house and just got my new desk. Check it out [H]ard :) :

(If you've seen my previous setup, you'd know I dislike wires showing, so I tried my best again)

I still need to find a media center for my TV and gaming area, oh and a bed :D (I had to take care of my priorities first aka my comp ish :D )

Workstation-NewHouseSetup1.JPG

Workstation-NewHouseSetup2.JPG

Workstation-NewHouseSetup3.JPG

Workstation-NewHouseSetup4.JPG

Workstation-NewHouseSetup5Morning.JPG

NewCompSetupwithLaptop.JPG

O'Doyle said:
Just moved in to my new house and just got my new desk. Check it out [H]ard :) :
The all black and grey style looks a little drab to me... :(
Too lifeless....

(I bet you love it though).

~Enjoy

Very nice o'doyle..id have one hell of a time keeping that finsh clean(im retentive)...but its a nice setup non the less. ;)

O'Doyle said:

(If you've seen my previous setup, you'd know I dislike wires showing, so I tried my best again)

I still need to find a media center for my TV and gaming area, oh and a bed :D (I had to take care of my priorities first aka my comp ish :D )

How do you like that LCD? Is it bright enough?

towert7 said:
The all black and grey style looks a little drab to me... :(
Too lifeless....

(I bet you love it though).

~Enjoy

To be perfectly honest bro, I was gonna change it up this time. I really wanted a Lima Bean shaped Cherry wood computer desk but I couldn't find one and I was desperately having computer withdrawals :p , so I just bought this desk. I do like it though don't get me wrong... But if I can somehow find a dope looking cherry desk with some crazy style to it, I will ditch this in a second...

Since this is the Post your LCDs setup, here's my other one:

Workstation-MediaCenter.jpg

ratbird said:
fish eye lens?? what kind and which camera?

It's a Canon Rebel XT with a Tamron 11-18mm Wideangle lens.. Nothing big :) !

[Retaliation] said:
Very nice o'doyle..id have one hell of a time keeping that finsh clean(im retentive)...but its a nice setup non the less. ;)

Thank you man, I'm actually up to the challenge.... My trick is to clean once and maintain the rest of the time rather than clean up everytime.... :D . I do believe it's gonna take a whole lot of effort though :( !

si0dine said:
How do you like that LCD? Is it bright enough?

It looks like it isn't bright because I used my Canon 430 Flash and it made my LCD look dim. It really is a nice LCD... I would definately buy another one especially since I saw the huge price drop ( it's now $899 - 999, I bought it for $1599).

O'Doyle said:
It looks like it isn't bright because I used my Canon 430 Flash and it made my LCD look dim. It really is a nice LCD... I would definately buy another one especially since I saw the huge price drop ( it's now $899 - 999, I bought it for $1599).

Its 750 at newegg, and I was thinking about getting one but I heard that it wasn't very bright and if you tried to raise the brightness to max the colors would look washed out. Have you seen any of newest LCDs to compare it to (2007wfp/2407wfp/Viewsonic VX2025WM)?

si0dine said:
Its 750 at newegg, and I was thinking about getting one but I heard that it wasn't very bright and if you tried to raise the brightness to max the colors would look washed out. Have you seen any of newest LCDs to compare it to (2007wfp/2407wfp/Viewsonic VX2025WM)?

Naw not really, my friend has a Dell 17 inch LCD but, I've only seen it less than a handful of times. $750 sounds like a hell of a deal, thanks for the heads up... I may look into that :). (I just dislike to buy things online that's all ).

Go with whatever you feel like getting. I happen to like this monitor and wouldn't have it any other way :).

si0dine said:
I thought that the brightness on the Sony 23"er was more than enough (if that's the one you're talking about). I tried two of them but returned both for many many stuck/dead pixels and backlightling so bad that I just have to assume that both were defective panels. But, I find that my 2407wfp set at 20% brightness is more than bright enough. In fact I think it's uncomfortable in a dark room even at 20%.

At 28% brightness the 2407wfp measures about the same as the Sony and HP 23"ers I tried at about 50% if my memory serves me correctly. At this setting they put out about 180-190 cd/m^2. I prefer 150 cd/m^2 or less thus my setting of 20% on the 2407wfp.

O'Doyle said:

Workstation-NewHouseSetup2.JPG
I want that desk, where can i get it in the UK?

Basicly the same setup I've had for a while.. Some minor changes, like a new mousepad and some other random stuff.

Yes, Im obsessed in keeping my things organized.. :p EDIT: Damn, my room looks so much crappier in the pics than it really is.

Rash said:
I want that desk, where can i get it in the UK?

That I don't know. I bought it from Office Depot so if you happen to have it there, you may want to take a look. If not, try Office Depot online. It's called an Onyx Glass Desk.

I love seeing your setup (s) :). I'm also a big Sony fan so I can appreciate your setup... Are you still doing the Mac thing or have since changed to Sony again?

:D

O'Doyle said:
To be perfectly honest bro, I was gonna change it up this time. I really wanted a Lima Bean shaped Cherry wood computer desk but I couldn't find one and I was desperately having computer withdrawals :p , so I just bought this desk. I do like it though don't get me wrong... But if I can somehow find a dope looking cherry desk with some crazy style to it, I will ditch this in a second...

Since this is the Post your LCDs setup, here's my other one:

Workstation-MediaCenter.jpg

O'Doyle RULES!!!!!!!!

Here's my setup..

Lights on..

Lights off..

As for that little Cathode under the top shelf of the desk, that is wired directly to the wall outlet via a transformer that I modded, so I can have it on when PC's are not on..=)

I'm getting 2 2007FPWs and an Xbox 360 on Wednesday... So I'll update again when that time comes

Not the greatest setup by any means but I'm only 16 so I defineately appreciate it

V2000-939-004.jpg

V2000-939-005.jpg

UncleDavid218 said:
I'm getting 2 2007FPWs and an Xbox 360 on Wednesday... So I'll update again when that time comes

Not the greatest setup by any means but I'm only 16 so I defineately appreciate it

Umm... only 16. My younger brother would kill you for what you have :p

Yeah post when you get the Dells... but will they both fit on that table?

Geo Fry said:
Umm... only 16. My younger brother would kill you for what you have :p

Yeah post when you get the Dells... but will they both fit on that table?

must be nice when you get whatever you want at that age :-p. unless you pay for all of it then its okay to talk about age.

They'll fit, I've measured :)

And yes I did pay for the rig and monitors with money I earned by working ;)

I am still spoiled... but my parents don't pay for stuff that's that expensive

Back