Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

My setup:

Monitor: Dell 2007WFP A02
Software you see on the monitor: Reason

P.S. I'm only 16

hSR2Ak.jpg

Koss PortaPros - ace! I'm still surprised by how good they sound taking the feed from my headphone amp. I could probably do with a decent pair of closed-back monitors at some point, but until I can afford some senny 280s I'll be perfectly happy with the PortaPros!

^ So true! I recently tried KSC-75 out of EMU 0404USB. Honestly I could live with them as my only headphones.

Dude, I am so fucking jealous of your setup. A post like yours only further motivate me to quickly finish up my university degree and get out to the real world and get a decent job.

Seriously I couldn't of said that better myself amazing setup bro you really have some nice stuff especially you're car!! Wow!;)

UPS man had a 2407 for me today :) Now to find a good 5.1 system...

I did a LOT of research before deciding on the 2407 and HF has truly been my best resource. Thanks so much to everyone who contributes to this awesome forum!

Koss PortaPros - ace! I'm still surprised by how good they sound taking the feed from my headphone amp. I could probably do with a decent pair of closed-back monitors at some point, but until I can afford some senny 280s I'll be perfectly happy with the PortaPros!

I loved my portaPros too, great headphones. Sold them to a friend after getting my SR225 and K240S, 3 headphones was to many for me to keep and use. I still have visiting rights though ;)

My main and only rig. Got me through 4 years of university and then some! Funny how my wireless router is worth more than it. A $1599 value back in 2001!

As you can see, the HPA (not TFT) screen is barely visible under flash or bright lights. You guys complain about backlight problems. I complain about the lack of it.

Night and day difference without the flash. Even then it's hard to track the mouse cursor.

Wireless actually works fantastic without any trouble under linux. Gotta love Ubuntu. Constantly crashes with wireless back in 2003 when I was still using Windows ME.

You guys complain about Screendoor effect. I've worked with it for 6 years now!

My only form of entertainment for the past year.

So, there we have it.. my awesome lcd setup. Audio is poor. Video ghosts. No entertainment other than internet. Pretty much only useful for word processing. This is why I will never buy another laptop again. Looking to finally upgrade to a desktop this year. About bloody time.

Well my friend sold me his monitor a second 19" dell which I thought would be a great addition, except moving between two 19s is really inefficient so working towards possibly a 24" or bigger(though that is doubtful)

Hey! don't knock him. I'm actually still using Thinkpads older than that one!

Here's my thread about it...

Actually I'm now using my "middle-aged" Thinkpad in my car...
laptopmount02.jpg

Here's the write-up about it. The fairly dim LCD is certainly annoying in the day time but night time driving is a real pleasure (which is when I'm mostly on the road).

Your X24 is so many classes higher than my i Series.. P3 and TFT display must be sweet! My laptop's battery barely lasts 30 minutes now.. aging nimh battery is dying fast.. soon it will need a dedicated a/c outlet just to power on lol!

Do you actually still use the 1992 laptop? Does it run Windows 3.1? I'm so frustrated with mine I want to throw it down a building! but I can't! cuz i need it for work :mad:

Do you actually still use the 1992 laptop? Does it run Windows 3.1?

Hell yes! I have yet to find a better keyboard. I don't usually need a spell-checker on the fly anyways so it's perfect for grinding out my writing. It took me quite a while to find a network adapter for it but landed the right parts last year to keep it going on my LAN -now that I can transfer documents I've typed up over the network instead of using the floppy drive. I have yet to see a modern OS boot as fast on such lame hardware as 3.1 --it's nearly instant-on!

Well my friend sold me his monitor a second 19" dell which I thought would be a great addition, except moving between two 19s is really inefficient so working towards possibly a 24" or bigger(though that is doubtful)

is that a bluetooth shotty or some kinda mod? :D

Hell yes! I have yet to find a better keyboard. I don't usually need a spell-checker on the fly anyways so it's perfect for grinding out my writing. It took me quite a while to find a network adapter for it but landed the right parts last year to keep it going on my LAN -now that I can transfer documents I've typed up over the network instead of using the floppy drive. I have yet to see a modern OS boot as fast on such lame hardware as 3.1 --it's nearly instant-on!

Holy crap! You mean you got your network to work with 3.1?? That is mental! I didn't know that was even possible lol. Old OSes are just sweet.. it seems Windows boots slower with every new release... with the exception of Win ME maybe.. but that OS was pure BS.

Wow mike your on here too now! ahaha :) Can never have enough forums to surf ;)
haha I'm on a million forums :) I was a member here back in 2000 but i got deleted either because of inactivity or server crash--can't remember...

hey the keyboard wood is all eaten, you should do like me buy a glass/metal workstation table.
22 samsung, some people say it is one of the best 22s there are.

CarPC 7" Lilliput LCD - My car
interior10fy8.jpg

How does the car PC interface with your stereo? I'm thought about putting a mini PC in my car as well, but I love my audio. Are you using a line-in somewhere, or interfacing into the antenna cable?

Oh, and where'd you get the CF instrument panel? That looks like a custom job.

OK Not really an LCD but a DLP projector :) - My HTPC
mediastation7sr4.jpg

How is the picture when projecting on the wall like that? Since I live in an apartment I don't want to install anything permanent, but I'd thought about getting a projector as well, instead of a big LCD.

How does the car PC interface with your stereo? I'm thought about putting a mini PC in my car as well, but I love my audio. Are you using a line-in somewhere, or interfacing into the antenna cable?

Oh, and where'd you get the CF instrument panel? That looks like a custom job.

How is the picture when projecting on the wall like that? Since I live in an apartment I don't want to install anything permanent, but I'd thought about getting a projector as well, instead of a big LCD.

My radio has a line-in.. I also use a "3rd speaker" and can switch between line in and this 3rd speaker .. This is so I can hear the Nav commands while listening to a CD.. here are more details if anyone is interested..
http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=32479

I love the projector.. it's super sharp (i have the PC at 1280x720 native 1:1).. Theres just something about a front projector that makes watching movies more movie theater like.. plus how else can you get a 98" picture?? and if i upgrade in few years i don't have a huge box to get rid of :\

--mike

hey the keyboard wood is all eaten, you should do like me buy a glass/metal workstation table.
22 samsung, some people say it is one of the best 22s there are.

ya... i could use a new table. been looking for one for a while. sadly i need this big table. its like a hub for my room. Has EVERYTHING that i need, all my papers are in it, router,PC, pens, w.e its here.

eventually ill get something smaller... cant find anything that suits my taste. my staples hasnt gotten a new table in their showroom in like...... a year?

Wow, that dwarfs your Armor case!

How are you finding that Armor, by the way? Is the build quality and airflow good? I'm very interested in getting the model with the 25cm side fan.

I love it. My 8800 GTX and my CPU heat sink just barely fit though lol

This case has gone through 2 builds and its been great. I had 6 HDs in it once. :p

UPS man had a 2407 for me today :) Now to find a good 5.1 system...

I did a LOT of research before deciding on the 2407 and HF has truly been my best resource. Thanks so much to everyone who contributes to this awesome forum!

Enjoy it !! I loved mine,but decided to send it back as I wanted something different from the norm on here.Its still one of the better 24" screens on the market,period. :)

I love it. My 8800 GTX and my CPU heat sink just barely fit though lol

This case has gone through 2 builds and its been great. I had 6 HDs in it once. :p

I had seven in mine until a week ago when i made a separate file server with it, and you have problems fitting a 8800GTX in there?? Good thing i never tried, i just put mine straight into a new case when i got it, fits perfect inside my P180B.

*** UPDATE
Hey, this is just amazing to say the least. I started this thread over a year ago now, and still going strong. There are some very nice setups and always enjoy coming here and looking at them. I will be updating my picture soon.

Wonder if I will win a prize? is this the biggest HOCP Thread ever?

Yes it probably is the biggerst thread. It s the biggest one I'v seen so far!

Might as well post mine -- since it's changing .... TODAY! New screen being delivered today. But until the delivery comes, here's what I got. It's been this way for maybe 2 years now...

dual apple 23" on ergotron arms:
desk.jpg

Back