Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

UUUmm couldn't find a way to attach so just photobucketed it.

93141732.jpg

Both the 360 and the ps3 are facing the AC. The 360s right side is cut out and taking in a ton of air. The holes at the top right are the only ones blocked, the left side and hdd holes are open. The ps3 intakes air from the front and side (both are not blocked by anything) and blow out the back. There are no heat issues.

Imagination Land!!! That trilogy is one of the very best South Park stories ever! I got the uncensored DVD version last week. Funny, funny stuff!!! :p Looks great on your little LCD TV.

What kind of keyboard is that in front of the Apple keyboard?

Imagination Land!!! That trilogy is one of the very best South Park stories ever! I got the uncensored DVD version last week. Funny, funny stuff!!! :p Looks great on your little LCD TV.
i think that lcd is a lil bigger than it looks ;) :D

Beautiful!!! I have the same background for my MacBook Pro. Let's just say your Sony makes it look like a museum piece. I'm all but certain that I'll end up buying a Samsung 305T but if I choose an LCD TV, it'll most definitely be the KBR6. Congrats, Timm!!

where can i get this desktop wallpaper?

Well i haven't noticed any Major flaws. When i went to mininova.org and ran my mouse over the links the screen would... flicker? I don't really know what to call it. But i later discovered that by changing the Video/Photo Optimizer to "Photo" for the input my pc was on it fixed it. I must say everything looks pretty nice on it. That was the only problem i had, and the resolution. But after playing some WoW and Bioshock I was happy with my purchase. Let me fiddle with the camera a little more (i hate this thing :p) and i will try and get some pics up in a few.
Oh and as far as the tv and price. It was supposed to be the only tv of its size with the closest thing to 120hz refresh, and i liked the black bezel a lot more than the Samsung LN32A650. CC had it for $1299 and i checked one day and they had reduced the price to $1199. I was just about sold at that point and then guess what happened!!!! They were having a sale for a couple days that got me another $150 so i just couldn't pass it up. So i figured that $1100 (after tax) for the best 32" lcd hdtv out there, i could live without the extra resolution a 30" monitor would give me.

Now i just have one question for those of you with the dell 3007 and i probably shouldn't ask it. I watch a lot of anime and movies, play some computer games (mostly WoW and just started Bioshock), and surf the web. Do you guys think that the movie playback on the 3007 can even compare to an hdtv? And how would you compare overal pq and contrast?

Thanks in advance and i hope i answered your questions Crazjayz

Yep, thank you very much. And I agree, at that price, that's a steal. Hmm, time to start bargain hunting for this :D I have yet to see it in person.

i have this same monitor. the buttons are the worse imo. but everything else is good.

So i got a new LCD today.. its a LG 47LG50 ... =D

Heres a crappy camera phone pic for now!

002.jpg

Hey , first post :D glad to be apart of the forum... well here's my setup a bit of an old setup but none the less i built it and well its all mine :).

20022008006.jpg

I will be getting a new desk soon and really considering the dell 2408wfp.

Will post up before and after pics once completed new setup(desk + monitor)

nothing crazy. 26 inches.
tn panel, and i couldn't be happier.

TEx2p_rig003.jpg

Do you sit close enough to your monitor?

I've got a 24" - same keyboard and mouse, incidentally - and I've got to be at least another keyboard's depth from the screen to be able to work properly.

Do you sit close enough to your monitor?

I've got a 24" - same keyboard and mouse, incidentally - and I've got to be at least another keyboard's depth from the screen to be able to work properly.

i sit about 24" away... its in the corner of the desk there, and im more often leaning back in my chair.

Hey , first post :D glad to be apart of the forum... well here's my setup a bit of an old setup but none the less i built it and well its all mine :).

20022008006.jpg

I will be getting a new desk soon and really considering the dell 2408wfp.

Will post up before and after pics once completed new setup(desk + monitor)

for a second, I thought you had water cooled your pstriple

lol pstriple Thats fun to say :D, but no not anytime soon im really over the whole modding business(haha i speak of it like were talking about gambling :S)

I know the wires are messy, but figured I'd post anyway. There's also a 37" ViewSonic HDTV to the left of my PC setup.

2 ViewSonic VX2025s @ 1680x1050 each. The Dell Inspiron 1505 to the left is also at the same resolution.

2526006063_8f9d171f0a.jpg

2526005167_1339b798dc.jpg

2526825760_06cdd61f42.jpg

This isn't really a discussion thread but I see people trying to say that a 30" monitor 2560x1600 resolution is better for multimedia and gaming than a 1920x1200 or x1080(1080p) screen resolution and I have to strongly disagree. Native resolution is what you want on an lcd and that resolution forces you to upconvert 1080p HD content (or play it in a window). The 30" resolution is also an unnecessary burden on systems for gaming full screen at native resolution. A game running fullscreen at a native rez of 1920x1200 (or even x1080) is quite an HD experience, and doesn't require you to be milked by graphics companies for mutliple 'old' cards to do quintuple SLI while they hold back their next gen of gpus <sarcasm>. Furthermore the 30" screens have poor response times.

I seriously looked into the 30" dells back before I decided on the 37" westinghouse a few year back. The 30" screens, especially some of the specs on the newer ones, are great for what they are made for - they are for doing graphics work and other applications where the desktop real-estate comes in handy for toolbars and work windows, not high frame rate applications at native resolutions. Considering all these downsides and the cost of a 30" monitor I most definitely passed. However in a dream setup I would love to use a 30" on one or both sides of my setup, but my main/central display for 1:1 playback/rendering would still be a very high response time 1920x1200 with 1:1 scaling monitor.

I moved my 37" westinghouse to my living room. I replaced it at my desk with a hannspree HF289H (the newer model). I would not go back. The 289 is much better for use at a desk, and the response time is much faster. The 12ms response on the westinghouse causes blurring on high speed panning of the screen/game-FOV/camera FOV , etc on my pc , and even my fast moving ps3 rock band lyrics blur. It was something I could live with for the two years I used it on my main pc, but after moving to the hannspree289 and its 2-3ms response time I would not go back. And as I mentioned , the 30" displays also suffer from poor response times. I do feel that 28" -30" (32" would be pushing it) is perfect size for a desk. The 37" was too big even set back 38" - 40" from eyes on its own mini-desk I butted up to my main desk. The 28" still appears very large perspective wise since I can keep it closer on my desk than the westy, but I don't have to turn my eyes or head up to see the corners of the screen so much anymore.

The quality of these pics isn't so hot but it gives some idea of the evolution of my desk setup. I recently upgraded my whole pc too. The oversize 37" westinghouse looks great for photo pimpage but for real usage the new configuration is vastly superior.

Westinghouse model 37w3.. 10-06
westy-FullDesk-B_10-31-06.jpg

New rig + old monitor just before I bought the hannspree recently. Please excuse the wall is under construction + wires >.<

fulldesk-remodeling-wall_4-08.jpg

Westy moved back an additional foot or so, new monitor installed on left, FW900 crt snugged up.....
monitors_27.5in-LCD_24in-crt.jpg

New Dual monitor setup optimized.
Hannspree HF289H 28"(27.5") 1920x1200 LCD 2ms response time (TN)
SONY FW900 24" widescreen "graphics profressional" CRT running at 1920x1200 85Hz (Trinitron)
monitors_27.5in-LCD_24in-crt_walls-1.jpg

The pictures do not do the displays justice. The crt especially is not very photogenic. In person it is very rich, crisp and saturated with very deep blacks.

Here is a link to a makeshift build log for my current setup too, in case anyone is interested.

http://www.3dalchemist.com/hardware-info/elvn-sffbuildpics_3-08.htm

Even though this is a "show off your LCD" thread, I just love that FW900. Nice setup elvn, and I agree, it's much better without the 37" westinghouse

I was looking at my old pics and I realize that I really miss this setup. The LCD and keyboard with their weird navy blue color (hard to see but yeah, the LCD casing was blue) and silver accents mixed with wierd curves and soft rounded edges. Miss the webcam on top and side USB for memory sticks. I sold the screen for only $100. I should have kept it.

It just looks kind of beautiful in an artsy futuristic way. Ugly otherwise.
deskcomp28jp.jpg

Ok so i don't think any of these do the tv any justice. But i figured they would work for a general idea. For some reason i can't take a level shot with a camera and I really wish they could look as good as some of the pics that some of you have taken. Oh and sorry about the plastic still being on the XBR6 i am leaving for college in about 3 months and i don't want it to get scratched when i move into the dorms. I trust the covering they put on much more than if i put something on it :p. O and the screen looked so much better with flash and i decided that it was better to deal with the glare on the screen than the crap i got without it.

4947954_ad94763730.jpg
Whole Set Up

[Play
What's the response time on that thing? I'm looking to get a 1080p 32"

From what i understand the response time is 8ms. I would also recommend that you check out the Panasonic 32LZ800. I believe it has a response time of 6ms, people say it has deeper blacks, better picture quality, and it is cheaper. Sadly there isn't a store within 800 miles of me that i can look at it myself, but if you have a tweeter store near you they are supposed to carry them.

Hope that helped
Timm

From what i understand the response time is 8ms. I would also recommend that you check out the Panasonic 32LZ800. I believe it has a response time of 6ms, people say it has deeper blacks, better picture quality, and it is cheaper. Sadly there isn't a store within 800 miles of me that i can look at it myself, but if you have a tweeter store near you they are supposed to carry them.

Hope that helped
Timm

Alright thank you.

Can anyone out there help me with my problem?
I have been searching for 7 months for a new desk. It has to be like a table with a nice wood finish. It would be similar to something from Ikea, only not from them. I am no where near an Ikea store and I would refuse to pay the extra $200 in shipping costs just to get it here.
I'm in Nebraska by the way. OfficeMax and Office Depot sucks. Nebraska Furniture Mart has a laughable selection. Does anyone know where I can get what I am looking for without having to pay for it through the nose.

Back