Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

^^ Get 2 metal filing cabinets and a door. You can stain the door, paint it, cover it in velvet; whatever.

This isn't really a discussion thread but I see people trying to say that a 30" monitor 2560x1600 resolution is better for multimedia and gaming than a 1920x1200 or x1080(1080p) screen resolution and I have to strongly disagree. Native resolution is what you want on an lcd and that resolution forces you to upconvert 1080p HD content (or play it in a window). The 30" resolution is also an unnecessary burden on systems for gaming full screen at native resolution. A game running fullscreen at a native rez of 1920x1200 (or even x1080) is quite an HD experience, and doesn't require you to be milked by graphics companies for mutliple 'old' cards to do quintuple SLI while they hold back their next gen of gpus <sarcasm>. Furthermore the 30" screens have poor response times.

What's that blue circle on the wall mean?

I was looking at my old pics and I realize that I really miss this setup. The LCD and keyboard with their weird navy blue color (hard to see but yeah, the LCD casing was blue) and silver accents mixed with wierd curves and soft rounded edges. Miss the webcam on top and side USB for memory sticks. I sold the screen for only $100. I should have kept it.

It just looks kind of beautiful in an artsy futuristic way. Ugly otherwise.
deskcomp28jp.jpg

Haha i like your case setup straight naked chassis :D, a mate of mine has done the same thing except he mounted his to the wall which looks really good.

^^ Get 2 metal filing cabinets and a door. You can stain the door, paint it, cover it in velvet; whatever.
Yeah, that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a real nice desk. Maybe something that is close to the Jerker or the Fredik.
If we had an Ikea, I wouldn't even be on here asking about such a desk.

Been following this thread for years, thought I'd finally make a post =D.
Here is my setup in all its glory ^_^ (Dual P1130 21" CRT's)

Here's a closer picture of my computer (Q6600, 8800GTS 512MB, 4GB DDR2 800mhz RAM, 750GB HDD, Corsair 550W PSU xD)

Here is a closeup on my ATH900's and SR225's =] (I saw a few posts in here with people using the Bed Bath and Beyond banana hangers and couldnt resist xD)

And finally here is a picture of my mounting job on my Z5500's

Hopefully these pictures show that CRT's can still be beautiful <3

Here's a closer picture of my computer (Q6600, 8800GTS 512MB, 4GB DDR2 800mhz RAM, 750GB HDD, Corsair 550W PSU xD)

Hopefully these pictures show that CRT's can still be beautiful <3

So...where are the LCD's for the "show your LCD(s) setups!"?

:p

I don't know if it's the desk or the bad wiring but this setup needs an extreme makeover.

WOW, oddly enough, I just looked where the picture is hosted. It's on the PremioPC website. I buy those at work, have been for about 10 years now.

heres my setup just got a new desk and pc so here it is

computerandxboxsw9.jpg

computerandxbox2pb1.jpg

this is the projector with age of conan playing on it

ageofconanonprojectoroe3.jpg

I got one thing to say to you "fox_au", DAMN YOU DAMN YOU TO HELL.
All joking aside, great set up, you really did a nice job.

@fox_au

just in case you didn't know. Don't try and run the same audio signal through both of your audio setups at the same time. You're going to get some serious cancellation issues, especially with the two subwoofers spaced how they are.

nice setup though!

@fox_au

just in case you didn't know. Don't try and run the same audio signal through both of your audio setups at the same time. You're going to get some serious cancellation issues, especially with the two subwoofers spaced how they are.

nice setup though!

am not running through 2 of em 1s for the pc and xbox and other other 1 thats under the silver screen is for that xbox u just cant c the speakers coz there behind the screen

http://calvin.premiopc.com/others/Rig-04-28-2008s.jpg

those creative speakers were HORRIBLE. I had 3 pairs that turned to nothing but static after about 5 months usage a piece. After the 3rd pair went out I ditched them and went to logitech. Be warned, stay away from those if you can. They're pretty, but they suck major.

are u talking about the 1 am using if u are i made it myself from alot of photos lol

Fox_Au, what's that keyboard on the far left, it looks like a numeric keypad, but if so, it would be on the right.

Happy Hopping, that's the cyber sniper i believe, its like the belkin t52 . . its a peripheral commonly used for FPS games

Back