Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

dsc0021ts4.jpg

I like that setup, however it's begging for a bigger TV! Where did you get that shelf on the wall behind the TV? Did it come with those light or did you put them on yourself?

I think it's IKEA Lack shelving mixed with the Grundtal lights. That room looks like 60% IKEA haha.

I think it's IKEA Lack shelving mixed with the Grundtal lights. That room looks like 60% IKEA haha.

Haha, well it is! I used to have furniture from different places but i wanted it to look like it matched, and ikea is good with that ;)

With good ambient lighting :p

You don't need a dslr to get that, the pic above was shot using a Casio EX-Z1200 for example!

Also, LCDs!

desktop_laptops.jpg

A tripod will allow for a longer exposure time instead of cranking up the ISO (causing graininess). Without a tripod or high ISO a longer exposure taken handheld will make for a blurry photo. This is all assuming you have a somewhat dark room without natural light.

In addition, the exposure time was 8 seconds so it definitely was on a tripod. The lighting of the room was half way decent. There are many light sources but none were 10x brighter than the other. This is something that used to trip me up.

Hehe, ya, I use my Casio Z1200 digital camera; just a nice little pocket cam, but it does have full manual exposure controls unlike most portable cameras.

I just put it on my gorillapod and set it for an 8 second exposure; simple as that. The key to nice pics like that is low ISO, NO flash, long exposure, tripod, and keep the monitors off! When the monitors are on, they light up everything and just show up white; too bright.

Hope that helps. Photography is a science, not luck. :)

Thank's

I dont have a camera, did not really take pictures. But not I have started to take quite alot, all on my Nokia N95. Im thinking of getting a camera, would not want to spend to much tho uder £160.

Really old setup back in 2001,
desk_2001.jpg

Surfing OT and downloading stuff with WinMX.

20" W2052TQ and 19" W1952TQ LG monitors.
lg-screens.jpg

I recently sent in my dead LG W194T Silver LCD to LG for warranty repair and they sent me a brand new W1952TQ.
I didn't like having 2 different color/style monitors so when newegg had the 20" on sale for $149 shipped, I bought it and sold my sister my silver W194T.

dsc0024pp4.jpg

dsc0007bb8.jpg

dsc0021ts4.jpg

I've got a cover for the cable behind the Tv now, don't worry ;-)

Benq G2400WD
LG L245WP
Sennheiser 280 Pro
Samsung LE40r73bdx (old sucker!)
Harman Kardon 3490
QLN 604 MK II fronts
XTX 99 W 12" woofer behind the sofa

basically it.

So do you love your headphones as much as i do? I have to say that these are my pride and joy :)

Clubmed: do yourself a quick favor and remove those big pics from your post before others hammer you for quoting them. ;)

Just got a used HP L2335 off of ebay for $150 shipped.

DSC00343.jpg

DSC00344.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00348.jpg

the monitor does have the pink hue issue, but its only on a screen that has its majority white.

so, for games and all that other stuff, it's amazing :)

Clubmed: do yourself a quick favor and remove those big pics from your post before others hammer you for quoting them. ;)

whatever bro, seeing as this thread is full of "big pics" i dont see much harm ;)

plus this guy has prob the sweetest all around setup i've seen lately, at least to my taste so i'll continue to drool over it :eek:

Is that the Logitech illuminated keyboard? How do you like it?

it's like typing on a laptop. I can type faster on a lappy so this is a nice addition. Most of all, since I spend much of my time in this area, the lighted keys help alot.

got rid of the gateway. I posted a problem with the monitor and decided that a thousand dollar monitor should not have problems like it did. It would black out periodically at the most inconvenient times. It would also show artifacts like a video card would do when failing but would go away when shutting down the monitor. It also had too much input lag and that was the last straw. No other monitor I hook up to my rig had those problems. Little did I know that this monitor had a history. I'm pretty saddened by my current setup. Pics to come...

Take a look at the Dell 3008WFP. That's what I bought once I returned my Gateway. The Dell is superior in every respect. You can grab a refurb for $1299; even less if you find an e-coupon.

Take a look at the Dell 3008WFP. That's what I bought once I returned my Gateway. The Dell is superior in every respect. You can grab a refurb for $1299; even less if you find an e-coupon.

what? The only major issue with the Gateway has always been the blackout its worse for some, but the Dell is definately not superior at all.

I'll post some pics here of my new 32" toshiba when I get home from work. :) Finally gonna put that 2nd DVI-port in my GPU to use.

PC140003.jpg

Got it a little sooner than expected. Now I have a couple of questions regarding dual screening.

I have my 19" set as primary and 32" HDTV as secondary, how do I get games to run on the HDTV without changing it to the primary screen or switching to clone-view?

Why does my 32" go black for a few seconds every once in awhile?

what? The only major issue with the Gateway has always been the blackout its worse for some, but the Dell is definately not superior at all.
Wrong! I've had both, used both, returned the Gateway, kept the Dell. The only advantage of the Gateway is its price. Everything else -- screen, image quality, construction, warranty -- is with the 3008.

Phirk618, didnt you have a westinghouse at one point? What happened to that?
I did but it's rather old and I started having trouble with image persistence. It's now a tv in my bedroom. I've been struggling with one monitor because of the need for two. There's really no substitute. I'm using monitors that I've had for a while now which suits me fine. I didn't care for the gateway problems and after a week of trying out different LCDs, I'm pretty tired. I even tried a sony 120mhz lcd which drove me up the wall when watching blueray. This is my setup now....

img0133xh0.jpg

img0132rw7.jpg

Here's my crap setup I posted in the "Show your workcenter" thread. I'm still looking for things to put in here so it's not so plain (plants, pics, etc).Yeah the wires are messy but I'm working on that... well I'm trying to at least. :p

Dual Westinghouse 2410MNs (haven't had any problems yet surprinsingly); PC on the left monitor, Macbook on the right monitor; both controlled with 1 keyboard and mouse (Logitech Illuminated and MX Revolution) using Synergy.

desk1tj1.jpg

desk2ex5.jpg

Nice clean setup TBK, looks sharp. Lovin' the piano black Insignias.

On a seperate note, what camera is that? Looks like a Canon 40D using the same minipod I have. :D Do you like to shot?

Are those mdr-v6 with beyerdynamic velor pads?

And what is your speaker setup? I've seen those (or at least similar) speakers in a few other posts

Insignia bookshelf speaker. Sold exclusively by bestbuy.

I have a pair of those myself. Sounds great even at high volume.

Are those mdr-v6 with beyerdynamic velor pads?

And what is your speaker setup? I've seen those (or at least similar) speakers in a few other posts

Back