Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Nice clean setup TBK, looks sharp. Lovin' the piano black Insignias.

On a seperate note, what camera is that? Looks like a Canon 40D using the same minipod I have. :D Do you like to shot?

It's a Canon XTi 400D. I love taking pics of everything that pleases my eyes :)

Are those mdr-v6 with beyerdynamic velor pads?

And what is your speaker setup? I've seen those (or at least similar) speakers in a few other posts

They are indeed MDR-V6's with Beyerdynamic pads... a great mod for comfort and sound.
The speaker setup is just a pair of Insignia BS-2111's as Soyo13 mentioned.
I have them in place of the satellites on the Logitech Z-2300 system.

Workstation.jpg
Wheres the LCD at????? :)

I even tried a sony 120mhz lcd which drove me up the wall when watching blueray. This is my setup now....

First off never watch Blu-ray movies at 120Hz...Live sports on HD Cable is fine but I watch all BD movies at 1080P at 24Hz and DVDs at 120P at 60Hz. These settings are done through the BD player. If it's a PC drive try changing some setting with in the program.

Hope this helps

rocking the 3007WFP-HC + 2007FP combo. unfortunately the 3007 blows the 2007 contrast out of the water. it's just using a 10 year old CRT in comparison . However, it's is delightful for working in fullscreen and moving all the extra crap to the side :)

img0380vu8.jpg

^ Another PS3/ PC user? Cool. Here's my lcd setup:

IMG_2763.jpg

The TV up top is a 32" Phillips that is really starting to show it's age. It's too bad I will not be able to afford a new one for a looong time.

What kind of speakers are those?...nice looking setup you got going there.
they're HTD Level 3's with upgraded crossovers. They're powered by a Onkyo Tx-Sr702 and are setup with an AV-123 X-sub, B&W CC6 (center), and a crappy pair of polk R50's for rears (not in picture).

I eventually intend to upgrade to a true pre-amp+amp and a pair of RBH 661-SE's for the fronts and move the HTD's to the rear. :D

Very nice Amalgamas i have some shitty polks in my collection too. You should get some little B&Ws to match the centers sound ...i hear the DM600s are nice for the money, but if your going bigger better then that's always good too.:)

I did but it's rather old and I started having trouble with image persistence. It's now a tv in my bedroom. I've been struggling with one monitor because of the need for two. There's really no substitute. I'm using monitors that I've had for a while now which suits me fine. I didn't care for the gateway problems and after a week of trying out different LCDs, I'm pretty tired. I even tried a sony 120mhz lcd which drove me up the wall when watching blueray. This is my setup now....

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/738/img0132rw7.jpg

What's that mat called under the chair?

Here's my HTPC setup. Gaming PC soon to come, need to take picture of it.

By wormbaby

Tv is a Philips 42" (42PFL7432D/37)
Front Speaker is a pair of KEF iQ7 Maple, cheap Yamaha center speaker, and even cheaper Pioneer Rear speakers. Rounding of my speakers is one 12" Sony Sub.My equipment under the TV is this;

From top right going clock-wise:

HTPC - Antec NSK2480
Xbox 360 Premium
Adcom ACE-615 Line Conditioner
Toshiba HD-A20 HD-DVD Player
Sony S350 Blu-Ray Player
Onkyo TX-SR606

Thanks. They are gorgeous.

Something about an actuall wood finish speaker. Not the standard black ash finish.....I would much rather see the characteristics of the wood itself. Obviously its something I do by trade (hence the name:p) so naturally i would want to see the character of the wood instead of hiding it with a black finish. Black finish speakers are no better than painted wood, IMO.

Something about an actuall wood finish speaker. Not the standard black ash finish.....I would much rather see the characteristics of the wood itself. Obviously its something I do by trade (hence the name:p) so naturally i would want to see the character of the wood instead of hiding it with a black finish. Black finish speakers are no better than painted wood, IMO.

I totally agree with you here. I don't think I can go back to standard black speakers anymore, maybe black with a piano finish.

Holy shit you look like you're about to jack into the matrix...

*Edit: wait is that a mac? Nvm.

Thought I'd post an update for mine. This is my full-time office; I'm in here 80 hours a week right now (too many, I know).
]

Is it wrong of me to be more impressed with your desk and room, then your monitors?;). Nice monitors, but even nicer desk. Good job all round.

how come there are all that damage in the house? Is it a foreclosure property?

Er, those were construction shots. The room was actually 2 rooms + a huge closet before; it's now a large room with a small network closet. My contractors ripped out walls, took out all the wiring, redid the floors, new insulation, etc.

Back