Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

Never posted a "dirty workspace" here. First shot is how it was after a week of not being home much and using my desk as my "landing zone". Other pics are after a 3 minute clean up ;)

IMG_4432.jpg

IMG_4433-1.jpg

IMG_4434-1.jpg

Never posted a "dirty workspace" here. First shot is how it was after a week of not being home much and using my desk as my "landing zone". Other pics are after a 3 minute clean up ;)

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/slackerxpc/IMG_4432.jpg

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/slackerxpc/IMG_4433-1.jpg

ttp://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp265/slackerxpc/IMG_4434-1.jpg

ut oh man get ready to be chastised. people are gonna be smug and sarcastic and well... I feel for you man.

^TooBooKoo, how do you like the Logitech Illuminated? I've been eyeing it as a replacement for my aging Ultra-X for a couple weeks now ... just hate how expensive it is. :(

S3700012.jpg

24 inch Westy, I am looking for a secondary 17 or 19 for watching movies while I browse but no luck yet!

^TooBooKoo, how do you like the Logitech Illuminated? I've been eyeing it as a replacement for my aging Ultra-X for a couple weeks now ... just hate how expensive it is. :(

Yeah, it's pretty expensive for a simple keyboard... but you can definitely tell where that money went when you type on it. I don't know if it's the Perfect Stroke keys or what, but they offer just enough resistance to be a joy to type on. I've been playing a few games lately and it does well for that too... once again, due to the resistance. Let me put it like this, you definitely know when you've hit the key but it never gets fatiguing. The only board that comes close to this one right now (in my opinion) is the Das Keyboard Pro... and it's not silent like the Logitech. Overall, from the lighting to the style of the thing, I think it's worth it... especially if you can find it on sale. I got mine for $59 + tax at Best Buy a while back.

My LCD setup... I'm loving having the secondary sitting over my primary... I find it very useful.

workstation3.jpg

TooBooKoo, info on the headset holder please. I've been looking for some type of hanger/holder for my Sennheiser headset but haven't come across one that I like. Thanks.

Yeah, it's pretty expensive for a simple keyboard... but you can definitely tell where that money went when you type on it. I don't know if it's the Perfect Stroke keys or what, but they offer just enough resistance to be a joy to type on. I've been playing a few games lately and it does well for that too... once again, due to the resistance. Let me put it like this, you definitely know when you've hit the key but it never gets fatiguing. The only board that comes close to this one right now (in my opinion) is the Das Keyboard Pro... and it's not silent like the Logitech. Overall, from the lighting to the style of the thing, I think it's worth it... especially if you can find it on sale. I got mine for $59 + tax at Best Buy a while back.

Based on looking at it, its a spittin image to me of my Dinovo Edge, great to type on it and low profile keys like a laptop.

TooBooKoo, info on the headset holder please. I've been looking for some type of hanger/holder for my Sennheiser headset but haven't come across one that I like. Thanks.

The hanger is a banana hanger. Same one I have and got mine from Bed Bath & Beyond for 10 bucks

My Mess:
IMG_6193t.jpg

The 24" and the 20" monitors are connected to my main PC (bottom left)

The 15' monitor has a KVM to the two Dell Optiplex 755s and the old Optiplex GX260 to the right of my main computer.

The tablet pc on the table normally isnt there, I am just installing some OS updates and back in the bag it goes.

Ive been around here for quite a while but dont post much. Always come here for display info. I figured I'd Post up my new Display since you guys are very responsible for my selections :)

I would like to add that this Monitor is an Excellent choice for PC monitor. You must use the DVI to VGA connection but there is absolutly no game lag what so ever thru it.

The Setup
Sony 32 KDL-32XBR6 1080P Monitor
Denon Surround Receiver
Klipsch 5.1 Quintet Series Speaker System
Klipsch 12 Inch Sub

DSC01724.jpg

Serialmike, thank you for your post. It was the reason why I bought a 32XBR6 a few weeks ago. I can attest that it's performance is sweet. However, it took awhile to calibrate and set everything. Also placement is important to minimize the "screendoor" effect. For those with this model, make sure (in addition to the PC settings suggested in the TV's manual) to change the default "video optimzer" to "photo optimizer." Text are crystal clear now.

you wish the resolution was smaller or the size of the monitor was smaller with the same resolution..
I have both (32 inch 1080p and dell 30 incher @ 2560x1600) and I can't stand the 32 incher for anything but first person shooters

For my purposes (FPS games, web browing and watching music) its really nice. Of course there's a "screen door" effect since a 30in true computer monitor has twice the rez but placement and tweaking settings can address that to a degree. Also there isn't really much desktop workspace using this HDTV due to its native rez but I personal like how everything is "blown up" in size for my eyes, plus I don't do any multitasking with a bunch of windows up.

Luckily text and games are very vibrant and sharp...so personally its not irritating at all. Lets just say I was plesantly suprised all things considered (i.e its a TV).

Now, if you use a screen professionally or can't stand to see pixel pitch, I definately would NOT recommend this for a computer monitor. Others who have similar needs and uses as I have will enjoy it.

Based on looking at it, its a spittin image to me of my Dinovo Edge, great to type on it and low profile keys like a laptop.

I've never personally used the Edge, but they both have they Perfect Stroke low profile keys so I would imagine it would be very similar.

Very nice setup TooBooKoo

TooBooKoo, nice setup indeed!

Thanks guys... I appreciate it.

It's a pretty good hanger for headphones, my only complaint is that the hook can be a little abrasive to the thicker leather headphone headbands... but I fixed that by coating the hook with some heatshrink a little rubber end cap thing, I also bent to hook a bit to my liking... no worries now. Works excellent for thinner banded headphones right off the shelf however.

Well its 2/3 of the way there. Probably tmw I may finish the other side :D

2 24 inch pmva soyo's, and 1 37 inch westinghouse. The soyo's are mounted onto the sides of my jerker desk with monorprice mounts, $12 each :D. I drilled 2 extra holes in the monoprice mounts to make sure it would be more stable and lined the holes up with the holes in the jerker arms :)

DSCF0231.jpg

DSCF0232.jpg

DSCF0233.jpg

DSCF0234.jpg

props to quique55 to mount it onto the jerker arms by drilling additional holes ;) :p :D

i was under the impression that westinghouse monitors are relatively not good

but it seems that on these forums they tend to be a very popular choice

what gives?

out of cruiosity, why would anyone have 3 mice? Especially taking up space on the mouse pad..

The wallpaper is from Kumo no Mukou, Yakusoku no Basho, an animated film by Makoto Shinkai.

The mousepad is big enough to use two mouse on it. As for the mouse I use the MX Rev most of the time. The VX is for my MBP which is to the left and not in the picture. The G7 I use for games as the MX isn't a great gaming mouse.

you wish the resolution was smaller or the size of the monitor was smaller with the same resolution..
I have both (32 inch 1080p and dell 30 incher @ 2560x1600) and I can't stand the 32 incher for anything but first person shooters

I wish my 2560x1600 monitor was smaller ;) (more pixels per inch)

TY!

I'm actually working on something else for the office. Will probably be posting it soon.

Thanks again

omg are you the one that had the 4 or so jerkers in that room? I think I have been dreaming about that paint color since I saw that post. :p

Back