Show Your LCD(s) setups!!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/fuUp0zOqsJs7EhTDsnbnHg?feat=directlink

fuUp0zOqsJs7EhTDsnbnHg

fuUp0zOqsJs7EhTDsnbnHg

Samsung 2232BW monitor
Samsung LNT3253H 720p HDTV
Cheap Walmart furniture...

Trying my best with the super small space I have in my room. It warms up pretty quick in here when everything is running xD

P82106862.jpg

P8210686.jpg

This is what I like to call my Zen Dungeon. After living with my ex for four years, I need the combination of ManCave and Sanitarium.

Samsung 2232BW monitor
Samsung LNT3253H 720p HDTV
Cheap Walmart furniture...

Trying my best with the super small space I have in my room. It warms up pretty quick in here when everything is running xD

nice set up! i like how u have best of both worlds right next to each other. :)

This is what I like to call my Zen Dungeon. After living with my ex for four years, I need the combination of ManCave and Sanitarium.

it dosent look very manly but i like it! very clean. :D all the colors are very soft on the eyes.

It's a Toshiba Regza, not sure what size but at least 42". Fantastic as a monitor. I use the 52" version as my secondary/gaming display.

Yes, very nice indeed. What kind of speakers are those?

Thanks. Altec Lansing 5.1 phantom setup. I don't know if they are still around. The top portion of the towers beam directional audio intended to mimic surround sound. Doesn't work all that well in my room. But the clarity and bass response are great. 3 years and I haven't had the urge to replace them.

it dosent look very manly but i like it! very clean. :D all the colors are very soft on the eyes.

LOL! Well, it all really depends on what you're doing in the man cave, right? ;)

Like I said, I was going for the relaxing approach. This is where I retreat after a day dealing with knucklehead user calls all day.

I doubt it's bigger than 42", maybe a 42" but looks more like a 37" Regza.

You are correct, it is a 37" Regza. Got it from our pals at Newegg for a song. It required some fiddling to get the output to my liking (I'm a fussy bastard) and red text has a tendency to bleed, but otherwise, I couldn't be happier with it. I've done the triple monitor setup since way back in the Parhelia (yikes!) days and single 24" models, but keep gravitating back to a nice large screen.

And as someone else mentioned--games look incredible on it with max detail settings. I'm running dual HD4870X2 to it. Way overkill ... but lots of headroom. :)

LOL! Well, it all really depends on what you're doing in the man cave, right? ;)

Like I said, I was going for the relaxing approach. This is where I retreat after a day dealing with knucklehead user calls all day.

haha thats very true. well put!

Thanks. Altec Lansing 5.1 phantom setup. I don't know if they are still around. The top portion of the towers beam directional audio intended to mimic surround sound. Doesn't work all that well in my room. But the clarity and bass response are great. 3 years and I haven't had the urge to replace them.
Thanks for the info. Altec Lansing has some great PC speakers; I'm still rocking my ATP3's from 2003. :)

Just a small update. Took some new photos with light :D

It's a mess i know but its a mix of work and entertainment :D

5-3.jpg

3-4.jpg

4-5.jpg

2-4.jpg

1-4.jpg

you are the first person I've ever seen in a computer forum posting screenshots of a setup with the use of the Razer Mako.

honest opinion, how do you like those speakers?
ppl in the audio forum tends to really bash on how horrible they are

and how come u don't put the subwoofer on the floor?

Corry,

at first, when i bought the speakers ... i was confused if i would get these mako's or the Gigaworks t3 ...

I thought, what the hell, gonna give an opportunity to Razer and see what they can do ...

I installed the speakers, powered them up and ... got some Diana Krall playing and ...

i was so disappointed ... The speakers sounded so bad ...

So i went to understand what technology was behind these mako's. After reading i understood that these speakers are not intended to be right next to monitor or what so ever, they need space to work ... the technology they use is intended to spread the sound through the room and they don't send the sound directly to you ( like the normal speakers that have the speakers pointed towards you ) ... these Mako send the sound down... It's weird.

So i gave a try ... put the speakers away and just let the sub on the desk ( i've been reading that it doesn't need to be on the ground )

Played the same song and ...

WOW!!!!!

night and day difference ... so, if you want to know, first i was disappointed ... now i just understand why they were awarded... :) they are really terrific ...

Btw, i tried putting the sub in the ground and in the desk ... almost the same thing :D

hey Postmodum,
you happen to know the height measurements of the Mako's subwoofer and speakers?

If anyone is looking to do a dual monitor setup.. Dell has an awesome offer. 20'' LCD's for $149.00 each.

I purchased two 22'' V7 (off-brand) monitors.. 22 inch seems to be too big for dual imo.

Mine are a pair of 23"s (23.3 actually, i think..) I like having so much screen space, even if i have to move my head to focus on things. Im planning on adding either a third 23" or grabbing a 30

Corry,
sorry, i don't know the weight. The only thing i know is that it's lighter than the Z-2300 subwoofer from Logitech.

ha.. yeah.. im going to work on that when i get a case and the other couple of things I want
mainly two more hard drives and another 6GB of ram.

hello, i think my lg w3000h has too much backlight bleeding, when you post your setup can you also post some photos of your monitor displaying a total black screen in a darkened room? Thanks a lot

Back