Shure earbuds - anyone has them?

SlasherDNA

Limp Gawd
hey,

im planning on buying Shure earbuds for my ipod, leaning towards e2 series. however, there are several e2 series: e2c, e2g, i2c.. and so on.

e2c
e2g

personally i have hots for Shure e2g's, ill be straight, i like the looks more than the e2c's. but e2g's are supposed to be "gaming" earbuds, so im wondering if they sound more crap when listening to music comparing to e2c's?

anyone has these? or shure earbuds overall, so you can write down a few words on how they are?

thanks

I used to own a pair of e2c's and they're a great intro into IEM headphones.

Tried on a pair of e2g's and they weren't that much different to my ears. Some head-fi folks claim that the bass is slightly more "noticeable" on the g's -- to each his own however.

You can't really go wrong with either one and at this price point, I highly doubt you'll notice a difference.

i actually ordered the e2c's just few minutes ago. they dont have e2g's and the guy i was talking to didnt even know G series exists, hah.

thanks for the reply.

I have the E2C's and like them quite a bit. I was under the impressions that the only differences between the g's and the c's were color and a shorter cord on the g's.

Carnecerro said:
I was under the impressions that the only differences between the g's and the c's were color and a shorter cord on the g's.
Indeed. They're identical drivers AFAIK.

I have the e2cs and used them for about a year then the insulation on the left earbud started to fray. They still work but they arn't comfotable to wear any more with the damage. I replaced them with the ettys er6 but I like the shure better just whish mine didn't start breaking.

I've had mine for probably at least a year, and they haven't started to degrade at all.

The E2c is no match for the E3 series, or E4, etc. It's usable, sure, but for the price the Etymotic ER-6 blows 'em clean out of the water, especially for sound quality. Problem is, Etys are hard to find in local situations so you can demo them.

If you have a Brookstone store in a mall in your area, they're one of the only retailers that offers you the opportunity to demo a pair of Shure E3c earbuds, which I highly recommend you do if sound quality is important. If you're used to using E2's, demoing a pair of E3's might just require you to change your pants. :D

If you're looking for a more "fun" sound, you might also want to look at Westone UM1s. I recently upgraded from the e2gs to the UM2s and am really happy. I imagine the UM1s are a similar sound, just less detailed and with less bass due to them being single driver instead of the dual with the UM2.

Or you know... spring $300 for the UM2 ;)

I was in a postion very similar to yours about two years ago. I was scouring the internet for comparisons between the Etymotic vs Shure. Anyway, I checked out head-fi.org and their reviews posted in their forums had a lot of information. The thing that sold me was the build quality. I've played with both headphone brands and noticed that Shure's build quality truimped Etymotic hands down. People might argue that the ER-6 squashes the E2C's sound quality but was unable to hear a difference. Also the Shure's warranty is more extensive and longer then Etymotic's competing headphones.

So you can take or leave my comments but be sure and pay attention to the build quailty of the headphones. It can be easily overlooked. Also, as informative as [H]F can be head-fi.org has a wealth of information and plenty audiophiles more then willing to offer their opinion. (I'm not bashing [H]F. Head-fi is just more specific to this field.)

the more replies the better. mine should have arrived today, for unknown reason, they havent. so tomorrow im hoping. otherwise ill have to wait 4 more days, that would be unacceptable as im going away for new year and im taking my ipod with me. ipod's earbuds are crap. up till now i was using Sony MDR21L-P (not so good), but left earbud is "scratching"/"poping". or how should i explain it.

of course, i would take the e3c series (no, e5 even), but cant afford them. just hope ill be satisfied with e2c, comparing to Sony ones.

i got them few hours ago. gotta be honest, these are awesome.

although i had some troubles getting them out, i had to use scisors so there goes my warranty i guess.
im trying to find the perfect sleeve size and model, flex sleeve small size is a bit loose, while the medium one is too big :s bollocks! i havent tried the soft flex sleeve yet, but theyre so soft i had problems getting them on the stem. the foam sleeve - small size - is perfect, but takes time putting them into your ear.

whch sleeve are you using or find the most comfortable? model that is, not the size.

I've had my e2c's for a year, no problem with the fraying (common problem apparently). I've tried ALL the fittings, right now I'm on the stiff clear ones due to ease of use and good seal. I like the orange plugs but they do take some time to put in, plus they get really dirty :/

STAY AWAY from the soft black ones. They have no spacers, so your ear is right against the wax filters.. I went through a few pretty quick.

Back