• CPU/Memory Utilisation
  • CPU Temperature using Core Temp
  • Networking options
  • Process Management
  • Idle Usage
  • Wakeup Timer - Wakeup from sleep!
  • Integrated Updater
  • Ability to save your settings for furture use
  • Completely Portable, You can take it on a USB if you want to!
  • 32 & 64 Bit compatible versions

m8z8ma.png

Download and information here

Feedback would be great on it. Thanks

Last edited:
Thanks will give it a shot, after getting it through 2-3 antiviruses :D

from the screen shots, it looks like the shutdown routine use cmdline functions. I think a different method which does not require the cmd window would make this utility much nicer :)

from the screen shots, it looks like the shutdown routine use cmdline functions. I think a different method which does not require the cmd window would make this utility much nicer :)

Hi, Can you please elaborate, if you know of a way please do tell, I've just started programming in C#, only been doing it for 2 months so this was a little project of mine, so I'm still not up to grips with it all.

I notice from your screen shots that shutdown routine is invoke via either a call to execute a batch file or command line commands. I wish I can tell you what to use but unfortunately I do not program in C#. :)

and what does this do that the shutdown command won't?

QFT... Everything listed in the OP is right there in shutdown...

I find it odd one of the things listed is something "lightweight", but OP is fine adding bloat by creating a GUI on top of an already existing tool.

I don't know about you but task scheduler does all this for me and it's built into windows.

there's also psshutdown for doing it remotely, part of the Server 2k3 Support Tools (or was it XP support tools?)

never tried using shutdown remotely, always used psshutdown

haha, don't worry there's no viruses, if there was I wouldn't be running it on my own system. :)

So again, what's any advantage to this???

It's just a method for users to shutdown their system in different ways, it's just a handy little tool if they want it.

If you don't see any advantage don't download it, someone else may like to use this.

And in the next version update I will be implementing a lot more features than what the command line can achieve. Like initiating a shutdown when CPU load is below a certain amount, the same with the network and a lot more.

You add features like that and it'd have some real benefit...

You might also add in the ability to shut the system down if CPU/RAM/Network hits a certain Max as well. Like if you've got an app that occasionally seizes things up, that'll auto-reboot it or something. I can't think of any application for that personally- but someone might use it.

You add features like that and it'd have some real benefit...

You might also add in the ability to shut the system down if CPU/RAM/Network hits a certain Max as well. Like if you've got an app that occasionally seizes things up, that'll auto-reboot it or something. I can't think of any application for that personally- but someone might use it.

I'll look into it :)

I've only started programming in .NET so it still is a learning curve. This app is just the 1st version even though it is v2 :p

Maybe at the end of next week I'll have a full working version, beta builds will start on monday for testers.

Ill look into this for use at home. I'm currently using windown for my GUI timer needs.

I have been working hard on the final version of Shutdown Timer, a lot of testing and implementing new ideas, also a lot of code improvements and fixing memory issues.

The final version of v2.5 should be released sometime this week!

Screenshot

Shutdown Timer v2.5 Final has been released!

A lot of code changes have been made and I hope everyone likes this version!

Here's a list of changes from 2.5 Beta 3:

- Fixed issue with program not remembering options correctly.
- Decreased Application Startup Time
- Fixed some areas of the program where it was causing memory leaks
- Added Help Documentation
- Fixed issue with Core Temp not being read when required checkbox is enabled
- Fixed issue with CPU Temperature module only reading first Core Temperature, now it finds the highest temperature
- Fixed issue with Date Module not working unless it's a UK Region Setting
- Added Hotkeys for Preferences and Help
- Changed Logo in About Window
- Added Opacity Preference setting
- Altered some interface controls to better suit the program
- Added Compact "Gadget" Style version when activating Shutdown Timer
- Added Monitor - Standby Shutdown Option which will put your monitor into standby mode when the time has reached.

Download and Information can be found here

Shutdown Timer 3.0.8 has been released.
Changes are:

- Information button on the new update notification now works and will tell you more about the update you will download
- The design of the different categories have changed, they are now labelled "ENABLE" instead of the older "Activate" also they have been tabbed
- Fixed the problem when going on the feedback area that the action box was interrupting it
- CPU Usage Value crashed when removing the value, this problem has been fixed.
- Improved Start Up Time

Download & Information

Other enhancements could be toward enhancing the logging options. Doesn't take much to write to the Windows event log, kick off a SMTP message, post a Twitter message. (Just to name a few. ;) )

Edit: Having a problem with the auto-updater. After approving the download of 1.99 MB, it stalls at "Done".

Last edited:
You could also log the details or send out notification when those thresholds are hit. Doesn't take much to write to the Windows event log, kick off a SMTP message, post a Twitter message. (Just to name a few. ;) )

I didn't quite understand your post, but if they're ideas for other features then they would be great, Sure I would implement Social networking or something in there but how often will it be used? The SMTP message would be useful.

Thanks

I didn't quite understand your post, but if they're ideas for other features then they would be great, Sure I would implement Social networking or something in there but how often will it be used? The SMTP message would be useful
Yes, I was describing enhancements. Having the software notify a user (who is currently away from the machine) via email, a Twitter post, or at least some Windows event log would be very beneficial toward troubleshooting and quickly fix whatever caused the threshold to be hit.

Yes, I was describing enhancements. Having the software notify a user (who is currently away from the machine) via email, a Twitter post, or at least some Windows event log would be very beneficial toward troubleshooting and quickly fix whatever caused the threshold to be hit.

Sure I'll add some more features, at the moment, my main priority is to fix the current bugs in the program and to speed it up some more. Also maybe a few minor GUI changes.

Does this do a forced windows shutdown? I hate how the regular windows shutdown waits for apps to close and just hangs half the time if there are apps open, with the "end now" dialog. There is a reg fix for that, which I recently tried and works great, wondering if this app does it that way.

When I get the chance I'll try it out.

Also I would recommend using just plain win32 / c++ that way the user does not need to install .net. But guess now is kinda too late, you'd probably have to rewrite it all. Would be cool if the start menu shut down button could be replaced by this. Wonder how hard that would be to add as a feature. Just a checkbox or something and it does the proper registry edits.

Does this do a forced windows shutdown? I hate how the regular windows shutdown waits for apps to close and just hangs half the time if there are apps open, with the "end now" dialog. There is a reg fix for that, which I recently tried and works great, wondering if this app does it that way.

When I get the chance I'll try it out.

Also I would recommend using just plain win32 / c++ that way the user does not need to install .net. But guess now is kinda too late, you'd probably have to rewrite it all. Would be cool if the start menu shut down button could be replaced by this. Wonder how hard that would be to add as a feature. Just a checkbox or something and it does the proper registry edits.

Yes this program does do force shutdown. You can find it in the settings. It doesn't do it by a registry entry but executes certain code to initiate a forced shutdown.

Believe me if i could code in C++ as I can with C# then I would. I am learning atm with C++ but not working out.

I can try and find out a way to have the app replace the shutdown button but I believe it will include replacing system files so I may not go through that route.

Back