shuttle problems

I've got a problem with a shuttle. Its an intel based system and whenever i plug in a hard drive it doesn't recognise it, i've tried jumper settings and switching it around and different hard drives, and everything i can think of, the funny part is that the cd-rom drive is recognised and works.

any suggestions?

You left out a ton of info in terms of what you should have tried and such. Is the IDE port enabled in the BIOS? Is the cable bad? Are you sure the drive is working fine? Are you using it on a separate cable than the CD drive? Have you cleared the CMOS? Did the other end of the cable come loose from the motherboard?

What type of shuttle case, or if it is a new one is SATA enabled, etcccc..... Need More info.

ide is enabled, the cable is good, i've tried the drive in other computers and it works, i've tried the hard drive on the same cable as the cd rom drive and a different one and it wont work either way, cleared the cmos, everything is plugged in and rechecked to make sure

the shuttle case is model Sb6ig2

here is a link to all of the stats on it

http://us.shuttle.com/specs2.asp?pro_id=283

You've said you tried a different data cable, but did you try a different power cable?

Is it one of those mini cases? Anyway, I have a VIA/AMD mini Shuttle and I had a hellava time with a Maxtor hd. It would work in other systems and the Shuttle would recognize my Bigfoot hd. What gave? Never figured out but I flashed the BIOS and everything works for the most part. It still doesn't recognize the drive sometimes but a quick power on off does the trick. Now if I could get it to recognize the damn processor is a 133MHz bus, that would be nice. I swore I'd never buy a VIA chipset many years ago and now look what happened when I did.

Back