Shuttle xpc + Vantec Tornado?

GSRwBOOST

Limp Gawd
I just picked up a tornado for my xpc, just something to do i guess... and was wondering if anyone modded the plug to fit on the voltage/sensor header on the motherboard....?

when hooked to the normal big plug it's on and running, but when wired into the motherbaord fan header it fails to start up...

bios says it's the leads are at 12volts but i'm stumped.

You don't want to have a Tornado hanging off of a motherboard header. It sucks too much juice.

If I recall correctly, I only used a tornado for a little while, you have the four pin connector and a three pin connector that only has one wire going to it. The three pin connector with only one wire is just for monitoring.

You plug the four pin connector into a lead off of your power supply and the three pin connector into your mobo fan header so that the system can monitor how fast the fan is spinning. Of course if I'm wrong about how many wires are on the three pin connector, ignore me.

I just don't think I could stand having a Tornado in my XPC. Hell the PSU fan is louder than I want it, and I just upgraded to the 250 watt SilentX PSU.

-dB

oh righty then....

it's installed... and OMFG!

I turned it on at work and everyone yelled at me because it sounded like our server room was moved into our office.

I'm sitting here while my wife holds the computer down on the desk, if it had wings it would fly instead of pushing itself off the desk...

I'm headed out to Home depot to buy some chains to hold the system down...

j/k

it's loud, but i have a vantec fan bus coming this week to turn it down to a nicer level while at home... and turn it up when playing games...

i thought you guys were jokeing when you said how loud it was...

:eek:

i'll never doubt you guys again!

Back