Sick of Razer Mice - Alternatives?

You might not like Logitech, but the Logitech MX518 is the finest mouse i've ever used.

I'm using a friend's Razer Lachesis for now.

Maybe the quality has gone down, I have been using the
same G1 diamondback for at least 3 years. I have spilled
beer(damn me), soda, water,and juice(damn kids) on the fucking thing.
People still bring up the chameleon paint job, three years later.

My MX 518 just arrived today, I felt so happy when I saw it it's like an old friend . . . . .

I am still suggesting that people try out the Mionix Naos 3200. I decided on the Mionix over the MX518 and have not regretted the decision.

Still using my Rat 5

Still loving it! :)

I am still suggesting that people try out the Mionix Naos 3200. I decided on the Mionix over the MX518 and have not regretted the decision.

I have two MX518 that have been going strong for 5 years each. I use a claw/fingertip type grip and find they work great for gaming and CAD. The Mionix Naos 3200 looks like a nice mouse although at a $20 premium over the MX518.

(2)friend's mx518s lasted longer than my razers combined (copperhead, copperhead, lachesis)

I have two MX518 that have been going strong for 5 years each. I use a claw/fingertip type grip and find they work great for gaming and CAD. The Mionix Naos 3200 looks like a nice mouse although at a $20 premium over the MX518.

I got mine at Fry's for $59.95, 4 cents cheaper than the MX518.

I just opened my G9x. It's small! The middle-mouse button takes quite a bit more oomph to push it than any mouse I've had before. Maybe it will loosen up when I use it. I'm using the "precision grip" I think it's called. Mousewheel has satisfying steps in it and sidebuttons are solid.

Thinking about buying a little USB powered fan pointed at my hand to not get sweat on this thing. Any ideas where to get a decent one? I was looking at this but looks like they'll just send you a random color. http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-powered-cooling-fan-assorted-color-26081

While on the topic, what good gaming mice are there that have a similar size and shape to a microsoft basic optical? It seems most mice I see have weird shapes, are either huge or tiny. What just has a nice standard shape like a MS basic mouse? lol

While on the topic, what good gaming mice are there that have a similar size and shape to a microsoft basic optical? It seems most mice I see have weird shapes, are either huge or tiny. What just has a nice standard shape like a MS basic mouse? lol

Steelseries Xai and Kinzu.

My favorite is my Logitech G700 but I'd also recommend Steel Series Ikari and the MS X8 which I also use daily.

Don't know about the MS X8, but I just switched from an Ikari Laser to a G700 - both great mice.

I haven't had much time with the G700, but I think I am going to love it (all those buttons!!).... The Ikari is a great "basic" gaming mouse - very accurate and ergonomic.

Also, you might want to search (post?) here: http://hardforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=124

You might not like Logitech, but the Logitech MX518 is the finest mouse i've ever used.

I'm using a friend's Razer Lachesis for now.

Mine has last me over 3 years. I also would recommend the MX518.

I've had the same MX510 for years and still love the thing.

7 Years strong here :p

You'd think with all the money I spend on games/hardware a mouse upgrade would have happened.

I was tempted to pickup a MX518 but after seeing the MS intelimouse 3.0 for so low, I may just grab that. The only other mouse I liked as much as my mx510 was the MS Intelimouse 1.1. Damn that was a good mouse.

Been using g5 for 4 years, still perfect. Also have had a ratz pad for 4 years as well, good combo!

Been using g5 for 4 years, still perfect. Also have had a ratz pad for 4 years as well, good combo!

awful mouse for low sens gamers. AVOID if you play with a low sens. The G5 could not keep up with my low sens, fast swipes in ut2k4. Awful negative accel

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104261&Tpk=g9x

Logitech G9x.

I've been replacing all of my razer products with other brands. Razer is all flash and no substance.

As for the G9x, I was REALLY doubtful I'd like it, but after trying it out for a few weeks, I love it. And at $60 it's a steal. The ability to adjust sensitivity on the fly with two buttons is amazing for games like BF:BC2 where you can switch to a lower DPI for improved accuracy, say for sniping, then return back to normal for walking around.

awful mouse for low sens gamers. AVOID if you play with a low sens. The G5 could not keep up with my low sens, fast swipes in ut2k4. Awful negative accel

I don't even use a low sensitivity and I often hit the maximum control speed of the G5. It was a first generation laser though, so its crappiness was to be expected.

G500, love the thing.

I have a G500 on my 24/7 rig and I have to say I like it a lot, good fit in the hand and the wheel feels so nice. I game with a DA still (the older one) but the wheel is starting to make bad squeaking noises (after 5 years of use) so thinking about another G500 or a g9x for the gaming rig.. hmmm

Easily the best and most hip mouse ever:

K-FB650622(1).jpg

+1 for sidewinder x8. It really let me know what wireless lag from my old wireless mouse was

G700 for me, after trying the lachesis and mamba, I'll never use another mouse with that phillips twin eye sensor, the G700 has perfect tracking in comparison. Also 4 side buttons and several extra buttons on top, make this an awesome mouse for gaming.

I've had my Mx518 for 7 years now. Damn thing is a tank. When it finally dies I may put in in a display or something.

Recently replaced a aging Logitech with a Thermaltake Azureus and am happy. I narrowed it down to it or the Razer Abyssus.

I'm for this as well. I've had an MX518 for almost 5 years now. THe thing works flawless, is one of the more comfortable mice i've used. Logitech's software isn't too bad either. I might buy another just in case something happens to this. The durability is amazing though so I'm not sure that's even necessary.

I replaced my G9 with a Gigabyte Ghost GM-M8000X. Definitely the best mouse I've ever owned. Too bad it's relatively unknown, most people just go for Razer or Logitech for the name recognition. Logitech's mice are good, but I am just blown away by this mouse from Gigabyte! Highly recommend checking it out!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826146014&Tpk=m8000x

I have this mouse also. I really like the grip and button placement. It feels very sturdy, but not too heavy. It has a button to adjust the DPI between 3 presets of your choice, and a button to change the LED color between 3 presets of your choice.

Back