Sid Meier Returns to Colonization

infect0

[H]ard|Gawd
http://pc.ign.com/articles/880/880345p1.html

I for one am very excited to hear that Colonization is going to be remade. It has to be one of my most favorite strategy games of all time. Shame that one of my floppy disks for the game is dead. I just hope the sequel is going to have the same feel as the original.

I wonder if they're going to tackle slavery in this version. They completely avoided it in the original. However, Civ IV did have a slavery civic.

Yay! Been waiting a long time for this game to be remade. Still have the original on my hard drive which i play every now and then. (Being turn based, it doesn't suffer much from a much faster computer)

I think all the old school colonization fans will join me in saying

F-YEAH!

I was addicted to this as a kid. My strat was to travel around the entire continent at the start to the far west side, then set up camp there where there was an abundance of silver, mine the crap out of it all and sell it for loads of money. Build a large army and then rape all the larger tribes of incas and aztecs which dropped large gold rewards which i'd ship back to the motherland for free beacuse of Hans Cortez bonus.

Glad to hear it's coming back :)

In related news:

Thousands of irate gamers storm the house of sid meier and tear him apart limb from limb. One fat gamer touched the boob of his wife and giggled.

Give me an Alpha Centauri sequel Sid!!!!

I'm sure I'm not alone in this request.

I still fire up the original from time to time.
Definitely can't wait for this.

Sid Meier goes on to say that it will NOT be released for PC, only consoles.

That's funny. According to the above linked article "IGN contacted 2K Games for further details, but we were told that more details will come soon. For now, all we know aside from the basics is that the game will ship this fall exclusively for the PC."

sweet! can't wait for this one. i still have it somewhere and i like to play it from time to time. i've spent countless hours playing it when i was a kid, and i hope this will be the same.

Anyone get this game like I did? So far so good, have only got to play for hour now but I am enjoying the new/old twist of the classic. I like the system of going back to Europe to get supplies and colonist while trying to become the most powerful colony in the new world.

I played a few games its ok i really dont like the time limit feel its to short i know you can play custom games weithout time but i dont know the micromanagement becomes very heavy towards the end when your trying to get the military running then all the sudden it explodes and u got new colonist popping up everywhere.

it reminds me ALOT of Imperialism 2 a old PC game from about 10 year ago

i dont know i liked civ4 the game better but its not bad

So far liking it.

now proper remakes of Master of Orion and X-Com

Back