Siege of Mirkwood Launches Today...

How is the game in general? I hear it is more mature than most MMO's out there, as far as the playerbase goes. I want to give it a try, it's been about a year since I left the EQ1 endgame raid scene and I want to get into something more casual yet has depth so I can play online with my girlfriend. I can't stomach WoW or any of the derivatives, I'm hoping this fits better.

The community in LOTRO has to be one of the best I've ever been a part of. Most people would get out of their way to help you do things. Joining a kinship is definitely a smart idea.

i wish i had time to play this game. the lore of middle-earth is something i love getting my hands on.

How is the game in general? I hear it is more mature than most MMO's out there, as far as the playerbase goes. I want to give it a try, it's been about a year since I left the EQ1 endgame raid scene and I want to get into something more casual yet has depth so I can play online with my girlfriend. I can't stomach WoW or any of the derivatives, I'm hoping this fits better.

Its definitely more mature. I only saw people swear or be vulgar a few times the whole time I was playing it (~6 mos). People are definitely more helpful and nice in the game world. I've had random people just give me stuff and gear multiple times for no reason.

There are a lot of dungeons that you can 3 man now, so if you and you GF pick a healer/tank setup (minstrel/runekeeper + warden/guardian) you can get through all them with the help of any other character. Plus you can easily do most of the group quests with a healer/tank combo.

Mirkwood, by the way, is kicking my ass. I crossed the river and died twice within an hour.

Love it.

Might start playing again since finished with school for the winter. Might take a class or two but I should have the time to get some decent hours in.

Mark, you got to explain your sig man. Always stand changing?

Back