Signal out of range when playing MGS on PS2

toric334

Weaksauce
So I have my PS2 connected via component to my Dell 2407, which works fine, until I borrowed a copy of MGS and won't display the game

The white background Playstation logo displays but as soon as the game loads, it goes out of range.

Any ideas?

Can the Dell do 480i or lower resolution? What version of MGS is this, the first?

For some reason, I never had luck playing MGS on a PS2, I tried it on 3 PS2's !! (My old fat PS2, my friend's slim PS2, and a slim ps2 that I recently bought!). It just wouldn't load on a PS2, it works fine on a PS1 or PS3.

Is the PS2 PAL too or do any other PAL games work? The monitor might not know how to scretch and line double 576i.

I have had some issues playing PS1 games on the PS2 using component, and I know I'm not the only one. LCDs tend to exhibit the issue the most - someone claimed it was because PS1 output was in 240p instead of 480i, and most TVs can't handle 240p, but I really don't know.

I solved it with a PS3 60gb. :)

Its a bit annoying because I don't have a standard composite lead for the PS2 anymore. Ah well, I just went straight to MGS2 :p

Back