Silent PSU options?

Protoform-X

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm looking to replace my now very old PC Power and Cooling TurboCool 510w SLI. Not only am I becoming concerned with the integrity of the power supply, but it is quite loud. What would you recommend for a near silent replacement? I don't want to spend a ton of money - About $100 give or take. I'm running an EVGA 680i board, 8800 GTX and an E6600. Thanks for the help.

You're officially the coolest person in the universe for knowing where my name comes from.

That power supply is exactly what I'm looking for. Thank you!

Mne's the HX620W, but I find it pretty much inaudible, totally when you consider that other fans and hard drives are louder. I've been used to PSUs being particularly noisy components, but I was concerned when I first set up my system with the HX620 as to whether the fan was actually running (I tested with a strip of tissue paper!).

Mne's the HX620W, but I find it pretty much inaudible, totally when you consider that other fans and hard drives are louder. I've been used to PSUs being particularly noisy components, but I was concerned when I first set up my system with the HX620 as to whether the fan was actually running (I tested with a strip of tissue paper!).

Agreed... I have the same PSU and it is whisper quiet. Even my Big Typhoon is quiet...

Silverstone Nightjar series is more than you're looking to spend, but one of very few fanless units..

man i have been out of the loop... did seasonic fall of the face off the earth as the quiet psu crown?

Corsair HX series (520 and 620 at least) are Seasonic builds, generally cost the same or less than similarly rated Seasonics, and Corsair is easier to deal with than Seasonic in the rare case that you have a problem and have to RMA.

The new Cooler Master UCP units are very quiet, I cannot hear mine at all from 1ft away from the computer.

Corsair HX series (520 and 620 at least) are Seasonic builds, generally cost the same or less than similarly rated Seasonics, and Corsair is easier to deal with than Seasonic in the rare case that you have a problem and have to RMA.

ThermalTake Toughpower 1200W ...............lol

I have used both 520hx, 620hx and also now ES-800w. The quietness in order:

ES-800w>620HX>520HX.

Just personal opinion

Back