silverstone 7j07 conversion to BTX> How?

i saw a few threads with pictures of the user converting the case to BTX. i was wondering how. how can this be done? i already own the case, i realized that the Taller Mobo track on the top of the case is easily removable by unscrewing the screws off and then installing the taller track onto the other side but on the bottom. now the question is, how do i remove the bottom track that is smaller? thos are screws but looks like some type of special bolt on type thing. how do i take it off?

does anyone have any ideas? please provide full detail conversion help. thanks. pictures of the conversion would help too. any tips?

thanks in advance

chinked|out said:

i realized that the Taller Mobo track on the top of the case is easily removable by unscrewing the screws off and then installing the taller track onto the other side but on the bottom.
The taller track will need to be spaced up 3/16" when reversed and used on the bottom of the other side.
now the question is, how do i remove the bottom track that is smaller? thos are screws but looks like some type of special bolt on type thing. how do i take it off?
That runner is rivetted on and you remove them as you would any rivet- with a drill. A 1/4" bit will spin off the rivet head quite nicely.
does anyone have any ideas? please provide full detail conversion help. thanks. pictures of the conversion would help too. any tips?

thanks in advance
I did not reuse the short runner when I did the flip.
It did not seem necessary as the lower runner and the six screws on the backplane provided more than sufficient rigidity.
In fact, you might get away with no runners at all...I considered it but thought that maybe the torque from the waterloop tubes could be an issue.

sprocket said:
I did not reuse the short runner when I did the flip.
It did not seem necessary as the lower runner and the six screws on the backplane provided more than sufficient rigidity.
In fact, you might get away with no runners at all...I considered it but thought that maybe the torque from the waterloop tubes could be an issue.
thanks. so if i'm on air it shouldn't be necessary? just screw the backplane?

chinked|out said:
thanks. so if i'm on air it shouldn't be necessary? just screw the backplane?
Try installing with the motherboard and HSF in place and see what you think.

sprocket said:
Try installing with the motherboard and HSF in place and see what you think.
i'm just gonna use the taller runner and then screwin in the backplane. btw how did you get a black inside? for your case? repaint? is it hardwork?

Yes, I painted it.
No, it's not particularly difficult as all the pieces unscrew and can be dealt with separately.

sprocket said:
Yes, I painted it.
No, it's not particularly difficult as all the pieces unscrew and can be dealt with separately.
i took off the top runner and when i swapped it over to the other side, i reliased that i cannot secure it. only 1 screw hole matches and the other two doesn't. what did you do to secure the runner on the case?

Using the holes already present in the subfloor, I marked the runner and drilled new holes in it.
Don't forget you'll need to raise it up about 3/16" as well.

Back