SilverStone build quality?

MorgothPl

2[H]4U
I got bored with my h440 case (and it being No water cooling friendly without a proper place for pump), I started looking around for new case.

This one got my attention - https://www.caseking.de/silverstone...wer-tempered-glass-matt-schwarz-gesv-422.html

It doesn't use LED fans only LED fan shrouds so i can replace fans with my 120 mm Vardars, looks good and supposedly - from the pictures - should have a proper place for pump/res combo between front rad and motherboard.

Never used Silverstone case though. How are they with build quality? Are they Thermaltake stuff or something better? :)

Was also considering Fractal Design Define S, but it's so damn boring and having just plexi window and Corsair 570x, but Corsair relies on their own fans with LEDs and have window from the other side of case, where we usually hide our mess of cables :)

I can't speak for the entire lineup, but I have a Silverstone FT02 case and it's probably the highest quality case I've ever owned. Very well thought out design and amazing build quality. I'd say the only downside is that it's pretty heavy.

If this case is indicative of the rest of their products, I'd buy from them again in a heartbeat.

I have a Silverstone case from 2010 or so. I still use it in my X58 build and it cost me around $300. It is all aluminum and the build quality and design was perfect (for it's day).

I've built 3 machines with Silverstone cases, Sugo SG02, SG11, and one of their HTPC cases, LaScala LC13-E . Build quality is excellent for the price.

My SG13 feels pretty cheap and tolerances weren't perfect but the case was under $35... it is probably model dependent.

I've built in a few Silverstone cases, FT-03 and FT-04 as an example, and their build quality is good imho.

My SG13 feels pretty cheap and tolerances weren't perfect but the case was under $35... it is probably model dependent.
Yeah, that is my experience as well. Their stamped steel stuff leaves somethings wanting in terms of QA. Their aluminum stuff is gorgeous, however, in terms of fit and finish. That being said, sometimes the design isn't the most well thought out. The FT03 and FT03 mini are both expensive examples of this. I like both of mine well enough, especially for their purposes (footprint limited, top exhaust, quiet). The Mini, being newer, fixes some of the annoyances of the FT03, namely the side panels being easily bumped off when moving. The FT03 fullsize is rather solid, but the Mini feels like an overbuilt SG05, which isn't saying much. Either way, I like both of them enough, that they have both survived many attempts at replacing them.

Back