SilverStone NT06-PRO cooler

Does anyone here know or can confirm that the NT06-Pro will fit on a Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe/WD?

I'm planning a build with the P8Z77-I and the SG08 and would like to use this heatsink/fan.

Review by [H]ard|OCP:
http://www.hardocp.com/article/2013..._nt06pro_cpu_air_cooler_review/3#.USciHledx8E

1360338167tI1MrhoKXd_3_2.png

I guess the question has been asked above, but no definitive answer. Does the NT06 fit the Asus p8z77-I? I'm building an sg05 build and really want to use this cooler. I know it fits the Asrock Z77-ITX, but can't find anything certain on the Asus P8Z77-I. Thanks

I guess the question has been asked above, but no definitive answer. Does the NT06 fit the Asus p8z77-I? I'm building an sg05 build and really want to use this cooler. I know it fits the Asrock Z77-ITX, but can't find anything certain on the Asus P8Z77-I. Thanks

I broke my asrock board with rough handling... but that's another story.
Anyway, I got a Asus p8z77-I deluxe now with the NT06-PRO cooler with the SG06. Yes, it'll fit. There's no capacitor under the board that obstructs the backplate. The best heatsink placement for me is for the heatsink to point away from the ram and towards the I/O ports. That means it doesn't overhang the power port and the sata ports. However, the default 20mm fan has to be used in this case. a 25mm fan will hit the I/O ports.

cowsgomoo, with the NT06-Pro. on the Z77E-ITX, did you have any problems with the NT06-Pro. blocking access to the USB3.0 header, SATA ports, 24-pin ATX, and 4/8-pin CPU power on the Z77E-ITX?

cowsgomoo, with the NT06-Pro. on the Z77E-ITX, did you have any problems with the NT06-Pro. blocking access to the USB3.0 header, SATA ports, 24-pin ATX, and 4/8-pin CPU power on the Z77E-ITX?

I can't tell you about the USB3.0 because I broke a pin there so I had my cable connected to the USB2.0 header. There's no problem with it blocking any of the other cables.

Sorry for the long delay with the response, it took me a while to get the GPU to finish this build (specs below).

Anyway the NT06-Pro fits no problems on the Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe/WD and it clears the USB 3.0 header also.

I'm used to full tower builds (I'm using a Corsair 800D in another build and might try Case Labs next) but this SFF build goes down as one of the best setups I've thrown together to date. The 3770K and the Titan make for a nice power house in a very small package.

sff1.jpg

sff2x.jpg

sff3.jpg

Intel Core i7-3770K, ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 1600, GeForce Titan SC, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD/Windows 8 Pro 64, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB – Games/Programs, SILVERSTONE Sugo Series SST-SG08B w/600W PSU

Sorry for the long delay with the response, it took me a while to get the GPU to finish this build (specs below).

Anyway the NT06-Pro fits no problems on the Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe/WD and it clears the USB 3.0 header also.

I'm used to full tower builds (I'm using a Corsair 800D in another build and might try Case Labs next) but this SFF build goes down as one of the best setups I've thrown together to date. The 3770K and the Titan make for a nice power house in a very small package.

sff1.jpg

sff2x.jpg

sff3.jpg

Intel Core i7-3770K, ASUS P8Z77-I DELUXE/WD, G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB DDR3 1600, GeForce Titan SC, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD/Windows 8 Pro 64, Samsung 840 Pro 256GB – Games/Programs, SILVERSTONE Sugo Series SST-SG08B w/600W PSU

Very Nice indeed. I just got the sg08 and asus board. Look forward to acquiring the rest of the pieces for a monster mini setup. How's the cooling on that nt06? I'm an addicted overclocker and was wondering if temps were reasonable when overclocking that 3770k?

Very Nice indeed. I just got the sg08 and asus board. Look forward to acquiring the rest of the pieces for a monster mini setup. How's the cooling on that nt06? I'm an addicted overclocker and was wondering if temps were reasonable when overclocking that 3770k?

So far it's remained stable at up to 4.7GHz (without hyper-threading enabled). I'm going to run some more tests at 4.5GHz with hyper-threading enabled this week when I get a chance.

Just got both a Thermalright AXP-100 and NT06-Pro. to use in my SG05 + i7-3770T + ASRock Z77E-ITX.

Both look very nice. Torn on which one to keep though. Looks like the [H] review crowned the NT06-Pro. as the better one.

Ok, this makes the decision a little easier. The NT06-Pro. requires the use of its massive backplate which comes in contact with tons of ICs and any mSATA drive you put underneath the Z77E-ITX.

Ok, so I went and rummaged through my box of spare parts and found a Corsair H60 backplate:
H601.jpg

I now have a NT06-Pro. mounted on my Z77E-ITX while still having use of the mSATA slot.

Got this for the M4A88T-I and SG05 in my sig to run quieter. Nightmare installation. Either the nubs on the ends of the heat pipes block the PCI-e slot or require case modification to poke out the side. Chose the dremel. Had to flip the ST45SF to reach the 24 pin cable to the MB, so the PSU is no longer exhausting the case. Had to use electrical tape to better bind the 24 pin cable as the sleeve doesn't extend all the way to the connector and one of the wires relaxed up into the NT06-P's fan after first power on. Speedfan reports idling at 38-40c (about 16c over ambient).

hey, I've been using this in my SG05, but I feel the fans are a bit too loud.. I was thinking of perhaps moving to a larger case like the Prodigy or Phenom.. Are there better fans I could replace the NT06 fans with?

Thanks! :D

hey, I've been using this in my SG05, but I feel the fans are a bit too loud.. I was thinking of perhaps moving to a larger case like the Prodigy or Phenom.. Are there better fans I could replace the NT06 fans with?

Thanks! :D

Last I checked, the NT06 used 20mm thick Yate Loon fans, which is the largest fan you can fit under the fins; 25mm thick fans won't fit. If you want to keep the airflow going through the fins and away from the CPU, you'll have to settle for slim fans, but you'll probably end up with higher temps. That being said, if you want to mount a fan on top, check out Scythe Gentle Typhoons or Corsair SP120 PWM fans.

25mm fans will fit depending on the motherboard and nearby components. I have a 25mm Noiseblocker mounted below on an Asus Z87I-Deluxe, all in an SG05.

I'm going to try NT06 pro on MSI Z87I GAMING motherboard, SG05 case.

Reading here I guess the odds of it working are fairly low.
I also bought very low profile memory (crucial ballistix sport) and a noctua f12.

If this doesn't work i'll instead use a crappy noctua L9I cpu cooler.

It works!
SG05 + MSI z876l gaming ac motherboard + NT06.
I used very low profile memory, crucial ballistix sport.

I even used a 25mm noctua F pwm fan instead of the provided one.

Sorry to resurrect such an old thread, but those using the NT06-Pro on the ASRock Z77E-ITX, how did you guys get the backplate to fit?

Back