Silverstone RV01 RAVEN

cool idea i think it was posted on here before.

I dont like the top mount mobo tho cause of the wiring issue.

Hmm, the card slots come out the top. Interesting.
The Raven mouse looks fun.

Its already on the egg for 230. Im still debating on weather im a pick it up with my asus monitor, if i do, expect a crap ton of pics in a bit.

Hmm, $230 seems a bit high but not unreasonable considering that I almost picked up the Antec Skeleton for a bit less than that.

I like the design of the case, im into the whole stealth shit, and the whole ghost bay drive made me bust a nut when i saw it :cool:

I was actually interested in the antec skelly but not being able to put in my lapped tuniq or watercooling just made me steer away.

Interesting Design. Sort of reminds me of the blackbird..

I am definitely ordering this case. Wondering if I should get the hot swap cables as well. I am also getting a new Power supply and a new AM3 phenom II when they come out in a month or 2

I am not all into the stealth look but am seriously considering this case. I love how it is laid out, it looks like it could make life a lot easier.

I am definitely ordering this case. Wondering if I should get the hot swap cables as well. I am also getting a new Power supply and a new AM3 phenom II when they come out in a month or 2

I picked up a few sets of hot swap cables for my computer, and it's pretty slick. It makes installing hard drives easy (although it's not like it's exactly hard in the first place...)

I don't like that the power connector is not a SATA unit, because I have to route two power cables back there, because my DVD drive is a SATA unit. Oh well. I imagine the RV01 has a lot more room than my FT01 lol.

It's a good idea but i don't think it's executed well enough, for starters the window size and shape is just crappy. (Of course this is only my opinion but i think that's where the Antec 900/1200 fell flat too, ugly side panels.)

I ordered from the egg. Should be in next week. I will let you all know how it goes

As i stated earlyer in the thread, i was very interested in the case, but the more i looked into it and saw some reviews, i was steered away. Nice looking case/concept nonetheless.

So, I got the case in yesterday and I must say it is a great case. But lets start with the bad. The front sliding panel needed to be lubricated, and SATA power cables were tricky to get thru the cable management holes and there is no front panel eSata. That's about it. This case is not meant for someone on there first built for sure. It will take a little know how in the wire routing department. I had my case from box to running on my desktop in roughly an hour. granted, there are a few tweaks I still want to make an one SATA cable that wasn't long enough and needs to be replaced. Also this case is much quieter than my old antec.It can get loud with all the fans running at 100%, but that has only happened during boot. My system stays cool with the fans at a low speed and my CPU is about 5c cooler than in my previous case and 8c cooler under load. The power supply also stayes very cool since it takes in fresh air constantly, and if you have a PSU with a bottom mount fan dont worry, there is a vent directly underneath the PSU. Also, the case does not feel "Cheap". The side panels are thick and almost feel insulated. The window is actually a nice size and shows off my video card and CPU cooler nicely.IMO this case is worth the 250 I payed for it.

So, I got the case in yesterday and I must say it is a great case. But lets start with the bad. The front sliding panel needed to be lubricated, and SATA power cables were tricky to get thru the cable management holes and there is no front panel eSata. That's about it. This case is not meant for someone on there first built for sure. It will take a little know how in the wire routing department. I had my case from box to running on my desktop in roughly an hour. granted, there are a few tweaks I still want to make an one SATA cable that wasn't long enough and needs to be replaced. Also this case is much quieter than my old antec.It can get loud with all the fans running at 100%, but that has only happened during boot. My system stays cool with the fans at a low speed and my CPU is about 5c cooler than in my previous case and 8c cooler under load. The power supply also stayes very cool since it takes in fresh air constantly, and if you have a PSU with a bottom mount fan dont worry, there is a vent directly underneath the PSU. Also, the case does not feel "Cheap". The side panels are thick and almost feel insulated. The window is actually a nice size and shows off my video card and CPU cooler nicely.IMO this case is worth the 250 I payed for it.

Its a decent case, alot of good ideas being put at work at it, its one of the firsts in its design so of course its gonna have its bads.

I like the design, but then again im a junkie for stealthy looking things. :D

I think the vertical mobo design is a good idea. It's kinda a shame that Silverstone has the patent to this now. I would love a sleek Lian Li with this internal design.

crazjayz: this layout is usable only with such crazy design as Raven have. Really, where would you hide the cables comming out at top in sleek Lian Li ?

crazjayz: this layout is usable only with such crazy design as Raven have. Really, where would you hide the cables comming out at top in sleek Lian Li ?

I'm pretty sure Lian Li would have found a way. Possibly with a shroud on the top integrating enough space for a 240mm rad? Who knows...

Update: Playing with it a few days now and once I got a handle on the CPU and GPU fans, the case fans are all but silent. All the fan noise I can hear comes from my GPU and CPU cooler fans.

Back