Silverstone SG02 confirmed, sorta.

I hope they make few changes, such as a fan at fron, 120 mm fan at back, and slightly taller.

Damn, I was also set on buying an SG01-Evo :/ Ah well... I'll just have to wait then.

i bought my evo on sale 2 weeks ago for $99 and was planning on stuffing crap into it this week...

Well, you guys cant really think of it this way. SS engineers are still working on it, theres no release date, no pics, no details- except that 'theyre working on it'. Im sure if you bought a case now, you can possibly afford another one by the time this one comes out for XMAS 06.

Calpis said:
bought it at the San Jose Fry's.
Holy crap! guess I am going to the Brokaw Fry's this afternoon then. :) $99 vs $140 online plus shipping is a nice difference. And it was an Evo you picked up and not an SG01?

-E

i didn't check today but i'm sure two days ago it was $120 at Fry's on Arques/Lawrence...
i go there almost every other day.

it was on sale about 2 weeks ago... guess you guys didnt notice that part, sorry.

and yah, it was an sg01-evo. brokaw didnt have any left when i was there on monday night before they closed.

The SG-01 Evolution is still a very nice case. If that article had pictures of the SG-02 then it would be different but I would still think it is a ways off.

Well, I still plan on picking and EVO up instead of waiting for the SG02. Benemaster says, it could be a ways off or it could come out next month. Doesn't matter though cause it was the EVO that attracted my attention to begin with. Unless they did something radical like switched to 120mm fans or re-configured the drive cages I'm pretty sure the EVO will be sufficient. Besides, I like the minimalist external look to the case vs. "bling" that some of the other SFF cases are using.

-E

Geez lots of Bay Area Fry's SFF builders in these forums.
Awesome!
I traveled to the Arquez/Lawrence today and noticed a few there.
Didn't note the price.
Anyone else pick up a WD 500GB SATA for $229+tax?

I would have since it was a retail boxed version of the WD, but I just finished my purchase of the 7900GTX and now the New Case, Motherboard and PSU should put me over the top with the wife. :)

And yeah, lots of [H] folks in the Bay Area.

-E

sg01 is good but it is missing the external 3.5" bay that i need for a card reader otherwise i'm all over it.

hope the sg02 will have it

Lolento said:
sg01 is good but it is missing the external 3.5" bay that i need for a card reader otherwise i'm all over it.

hope the sg02 will have it

2 5 1/2 bays and one Floppy would be perfect for a LCD Screen, Slot Load DVD and a Card Reader. I would be all over it too!

This is great news..looks like companies are realizing there is profit to be made in the small form factor business. The SG01/evo looks great but the problems people mentioned have prevented me from buying it. Although Silverstone cases are expensive, you get what you pay for. Once a better case comes out, you can truly have a high end SFF gaming system w/ matx SLI board.

The x-qpack should suffice for now but I am hoping to replace it with something that is less bulky. :p

Well, I went to Fry's today and the did indeed have the EVO in stock. :) Now, it was full price ($129.99) but Monarch wanted $23 to ship so I figured after looking online that the cost of tax and shipping would ding the price so I bit. Picked it up in the Sunnyvale/Saratoga store off of Arques Ave.

-E

Back