SilverStone SG07 - New Mini-itx case

Just got another email from SIlverstone.

Thanks. I just have one more question. Is the power supply that comes with the case a standard ATX power supply that I can replace with one that I buy elsewhere? And will there be a version that does not come with an included power supply?

Hi,

The case will be only sold with power supply included the power supply is ATX with Custom short cables a regular ATX power supply will fit but long cables will be hard to mange in such a small case hence the custom short cables

Thank you

That's interesting to know at least that you can swap out their power supply and use a different one

But swapping PSU will put the cost in the $300s range I guess, hopefully the PSU is good

Yeah but if it fails and for some reason they wont replace it or it takes forever then its good that its regular atx.

Nice, anybody asked Silverstone if the PSU included is a modular one? I am hoping it has custom short cables AND is modular.

New pictures from Akiba PC Hotline! posted yesterdat (6-5-2010)

sfss1.jpg

sfss2.jpg

sfss3.jpg

sfss4.jpg

sfss5.jpg

sfss6.jpg

EDIT:
Other Images
ssg1.jpg

ssg2.jpg

ssg3.jpg

ssg4.jpg

ssg5.jpg

ssg6.jpg

ssg7.jpg

ssg8.jpg

I like it. But cables are too long and I hate that side window. Also nowhere to fit an H50? maybe under the big fan could work with some modding ingenuity

There's going to be, as i read at akiba 2 versions of it, one with window and another with just the vent holes.
H-50 will have to be placed just under the top fan (it has 4 more holes for a 120 mm fan or rad)

For the length, you're almost better off going with the SG03? So you get more choices with mobo.

The dimensions for the

SG03: 200 mm (W) x 360 mm (H) x 312mm (D)
SG05: 222 mm (W) x 176 mm (H) x 276 mm (D)
SG07: 222 mm (W) x 190 mm (H) x 350mm (D)

Makes looking at the SG03 as a viable option all over again...

26700 jpy = $300 cad.
i'm not about to pay $300 for a itx case..
especially when lan-gear has one similar/better =P

Makes looking at the SG03 as a viable option all over again...

several pros and cons.

SG03: m-atx is better than m-itx. but SG03 has limited cooling option.SG07 may probably fit the TRUE- no HD 5970. and since its a "Tower" it would seem bigger than SG07. but as i se it, the SG03 can be modded to have a 14cm exaust on top.

Actually its allready for sale in Norway the polar outpost, then a proper review cant be to far away... :)

Last edited:
Nice, anybody asked Silverstone if the PSU included is a modular one? I am hoping it has custom short cables AND is modular.

Why in the world would the included PSU be modular? I would imagine that it has just enough cables for however many drives the system can handle, and nothing additional to that.

Why in the world would the included PSU be modular? I would imagine that it has just enough cables for however many drives the system can handle, and nothing additional to that.

I WAS hoping it to be modular, and FYI look at what happened on the ST45SF PSU, they still stuck in full wires for an ATX setup, its not impossible for this 600w PSU not to have those many wires, another example is the PSU from SG-05 and SG-06

And also, I NEVER saw a PSU coming with a case containing enough cables for however many drives the system can handle, usually its more than what the case offers

Last edited:

Think about it from a business standpoint. Sure including a modular PSU would be nice, but how much would that jack the cost up?

A more logical thing to do would be to use ONLY the required cables - i.e mobo connectors, pci-express, sata cables.

I'd rather have this at around 180 instead of paying 300 for a included "modular" psu that I can probably remove a maximum of 1 cable from.

And also, I NEVER saw a PSU coming with a case containing enough cables for however many drives the system can handle, usually its more than what the case offers

You should peek in an Antec NSK3480. The included EA380 has just enough cables, including a single long SATA for the bottom drive bay.

^ Yeah checked it and its good, really nice from Antec

Yeah I get your point in just supplying the only needed cables for the case, but it's Silverstone we're talking about, they didn't do that on the SG-05/06 cases, they still supplied ATX standard cables on it

LOL you guys surely are so concerned on my so called "wish" for a modular psu, it's just my opinion and they already released it and they won't change it for a mere simple "wish"

Seems it's not mandatory though so no big deal, you can chose to own one with or without a window

Correct me if I am wrong, but in all the photos of this case I dont see any active cooling for the HDD.

What sucks now for ITX mobo's is that DFI's motherboard team looks like it's over... I certainly wouldn't buy the DFI itx board knowing the company seems to be heading to folding belly up... When will Asus and EVGA or others step up into the ITX sector?

Seems the gigabyte board has full 6 phase power design. (Actually I read 4 for core and 2 uncore) but this forums says 6. Seems a more durable and overclockable board. Too bad for the socket placement

Exactly... The socket placement is what ruined Gigabyte's iTX board big time!

Not necessarily, remember the SG07 allows for taller heatsinks so now there are more choices, also you can mount an H50 under the SG07 fan

I guess the only heatsinks that will fit are low profile ones with a small footprint aka stock!

Heh, those dimms are pretty tall, you wont have issues with normal sized dimms, look at the other pic

Maximum height of the grille, which can be used to SG07, is 117 mm, it is for many a high tower but can not find a decent-looking, well air-cooling fans of this size.

At the moment I finished another project:

http://opinena.rajce.idnes.cz/Silverstone_Sugo_Black_Box/

Hopefully it will soon be available for SG07-ITX fans, I suppose I could not resist and went into another building with high-end components.

Last edited:
Back