SilverStone SG07 - New Mini-itx case

When does this case come out for crying out loud? They list it on Silverstonetek.com for the last week and nothing yet from Newegg.com

When does this case come out for crying out loud? They list it on Silverstonetek.com for the last week and nothing yet from Newegg.com

New Egg reviewers are not always the best to go by. Half the people posting seem to know nothing what they are talking about. Quite a few will post not even have bought the product in question. Stick to legit review sites is what I would suggest.

What I meant is "no instock or showing up" on newegg.com's site. Considering it's on Silverstonetek.com's site for the last week. :)

It won't arrive in the US at the SS warehouse until 1st or 2nd week in July and then another 1-2 weeks to arrive at Newegg.

It won't arrive in the US at the SS warehouse until 1st or 2nd week in July and then another 1-2 weeks to arrive at Newegg.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhh. Thanks for the update, it's appreciated. Do you know the retail price will see for the "non-window" version?

Its not the coolest or prettiest but I don't consider it ugly either. Just average plain Jane. I like silver cases but I'm thinking this one would look best in black. My own opinion anyway. :)

I only dislike two things about this case, the height, and the airflow pattern. If they'd dropped the height a little, we'd have an even more compact design, and it would lend itself to the airflow pattern they've decided to use with the top intake fan. With that fan, you're only going to want to use top-down coolers, and not towers, since they wont be taking advantage of the airflow provided by the intake fan. I know I'm only talking 1 CM or 2, I'm just saying they could have reduce it a little.

If the Lan-Gear case wasn't coming soon, I'd definitely go for the SG-07 though, since it's the only other option of it's kind.

Hi,
I do not know what the price is or will be in other countries but here in Europe is on the menu and after the conversion is based on $ 260 or € 210 if you like, I expected it cheaper but we are paying tax at source 600W 80 + bronze.

WOW! If it's over $200.00, I'll pass. That's way too much for an iTX case. Even though it comes with a power supply.

I am kinda stuck...

Revert back to M-Atx and get the good overclcoking/support/compat

Or stick with the ITX form factor.

AHHH choices :(

Last edited:
Im pretty sure there are no test subjects yet, but in a case this size do you think it would be wise to run a I7 930 with an H50? or is that too much heat blowing over the mobo... have to mod the H50 mounting bracket to work with the Gigabyte H55 also, but thats worth it if gets enough air flow.

It's impossible since there are no X58 mini ITX motherboards available. You can go i7 860/875k tops

It's impossible since there are no X58 mini ITX motherboards available. You can go i7 860/875k tops
Ahh missed that on last review, just read that on bittech... bummer.
Well, i guess from current reviews the I5 750 is the way to go for this itx system, havent heard anything really great about the 870/60 line in the year or so its been out.

Last edited:
The DFI MI P55-T36 and the Gigabyte H55N-USB3 do support the Lynnfiled i7s

The i7s are better if you have the cash, hiperthreaded and generally faster at stock speeds. No big loss going to an i5 750 either

The DFI MI P55-T36 and the Gigabyte H55N-USB3 do support the Lynnfiled i7s

The i7s are better if you have the cash, hiperthreaded and generally faster at stock speeds. No big loss going to an i5 750 either

Ehh, from what reviews ive read the Lynnfileds are rather pointless... I'm looking at it from the standpoint of this cases ability to take out heat. If you can get a 750 to 4.0 in this case(highly doubt it without extreme mods) thats godly for future ITX gaming proof. Ive heard the 860 doesnt overclock as well and gets a bit hotter. My knowledge is just hearsay though :rolleyes:

My i5 750 is at 180 BCLK now, no problems with turbo enabled. That is the limit though. Cooling is not the issue, power circuitry on these boards is not designed to go too high.

That said, the board itself will go higher. Clunk's review had it at 4+ Ghz, the probelm is not cooling as I said, The H50 can make that possible. The Gigabyte is a better overclocker, I've read some reviews with 860s and 875k pushing over 4GHz IIRC.

i3 530/i5 661s are great overclocker, but even at stock speeds i5 750s are very competitive and more than enough for everyone but the most "enthusiastic" enthusiasts

Last edited:
even at stock speeds i5 750s are very competitive and more than enough for everyone but the most "enthusiastic" enthusiasts

Touche, going by my sig im not a true [H] enthusiasts :( sigh for money managing...

Ok thought this was of interest, just got a ST45SF SFX psu at sundialmicro.com... they have the SG07 instock there today... about time:eek:

Ok thought this was of interest, just got a ST45SF SFX psu at sundialmicro.com... they have the SG07 instock there today... about time:eek:
I was going to bite on it, but then I realize that the SG07 is kinda large. I made a paper cut-out of it's dimensions and it's pretty big. Not sure if the Mini ITX is all that is cracked up to be.

I was going to bite on it, but then I realize that the SG07 is kinda large. I made a paper cut-out of it's dimensions and it's pretty big. Not sure if the Mini ITX is all that is cracked up to be.

Yes, But i figure this case might be a bit ahead of its time... If they ever make a 1366 ITX board this will be perfect for it with the larger 600wat PSU. And you have to take into account the options of coolers you can use in this baby because they didnt put the damn PSU over the Cpu like all of lian-li's.

You are right though, its all a personal call.
I'm hopefully going to pick one of these up in the next 2 weeks for my I5 750 build.:)

Hmm, seeing that the SG07 is available, that makes my decision difficult as what to buy now....

I originally wanted an SG05, but my issue was always how to fit a good cooler AND a thick enough fan to do it justice.

The SG07 is larger... and measure this out now

Both have the same Width... 222mm (8.75")
Height: SG07 = 190mm (~7.5"); SG05 = 176mm (~6.9") 3/5" difference (imho, NOT relevent)
Depth: SG07 = 350mm (~13.75"); SG05 = 276mm (~10.85") Just under 3" difference.

Basically, depth is a major difference. Considering the added depth of the PSU, it makes sense, although I don't see the extra $100 cost being justified... yet.

I just read the review.... Interesting....

I wanted to see the AXP-140 w/ good 120mm or 140mm fan blowing cool air down on the HSF from the 180mm fan above. I could see that really keeping temps, not just on the cpu, but the mosfets / PWMs as well. Even the back side of the GPU if you have on installed.

I think a mod or simply a design to accommodate two 120mm instead of the 180mm fan would allow many people to drop a double rad in here or even triple if the case was designed slightly taller.

For me, this ALMOST steered me in the direction of buying the SG07, putting either an i5 750 or i7 860 & OCing the hell out of it, dropping in my gtx260 and later upgrading, keeping this as my MAIN PC, retiring my Phenom II quad!

The reason it did not is that mini ITX boards are STILL not suited for 4ghz+ speeds w/ quads.... and I just saw that dinos22 got 4ghz on one.... OH THIS HURTS....

You know... I need to sit back, breath, and think....

I'll return after a night sleeping & thinking about this....

Gigabyte... Damn I may never go back to ATX again!

Sigh... no new updates on the case? where its available or if anyone has it yet? Thoughts, concerns? Look at picking one of these up in the next week but want an option as to where i can buy it...

Everything about this case seems good cept the fugly two-tone front... I don't understand why they didn't go with the all-black configuration seen in the earlier prototypes. I'm looking to slim down my huge rig (in a HAF full tower right now) and this, along with the LAN-gear prototype case, are the only mini-ITX cases that can handle a 5970 as far as I can see.

Everything about this case seems good cept the fugly two-tone front... I don't understand why they didn't go with the all-black configuration seen in the earlier prototypes. I'm looking to slim down my huge rig (in a HAF full tower right now) and this, along with the LAN-gear prototype case, are the only mini-ITX cases that can handle a 5970 as far as I can see.

yep -- I'm slimming my main rig down from an Antec 1200 as well... the real shame is to lose triple-channel memory :(

Damn... amazon just got some in a little bit ago and they are already sold out... free shipping with prime is a deal enough for me.... any one know how long it normally takes amazon to restock?

I got mine. I have both the Lian Li q08 and and the sugo 07 was a hell of alot easier to cram in my h50. Heck i even managed to do to fans in push pull configuration. I have a J&W minix 780g and a phenom II 945 @ 3.6 1.45 vcore. (not bad for a 65w rated itx board ;))

The q08 is much too big to stick in a bag and carry around as a laptop replacement but the sugo 07 fits the bill nicely. ( I travel alot for work )

Oh and just for reference silverstone your "specially shortened cables" are still way too long. Cable management is a bitch. I have no idea how you would cram a 5970 in the case. I ended up cramming all the excess wires bundled in the very front of the case. My 5770 was tricky to get in there and its is not all that long. That power supply needs modular cabling. Oh well i don't think bad of the case i have the sug05 and the sugo7 is a much better case for higher end components.

I never dreamed i could do push pull on the h50 in a itx case as small as sug07 but if you use a 20mm slim fan you can still have room for a 25mm regular width fan. Low speed yate loon for the win.

Back