SilverStone TJ08 Review and other SilverStone News

Steeeeve

2[H]4U
Some of you have PMed me about the TJ08 and I'd thought I'd let you know that I got a review up of the case at http://www.sffclub.com

Also, if you want to purchase one there is a discount for those that read the review (coupon code on last page of review for 5% off).

Finally, a lot of you have PMed or emailed me regarding the SG03 and/or CW03

I am trying to work on a pre-order for the SG03 and availibility should be somewhat soon (as in within a month) but SilverStone has to confirm this with me. Would anyone want to do a pre-order? I know a few of you did. I also plan on doing a special deal if you get the NT06 and ST50EF with it.

Let me know if you have any questions with these products as I am calling SilverStone tomorrow to try and work this stuff out.

SilverStone SG03
SilverStone CW03

3-4viewS.jpg

Ah, I was wondering what they were going to call that new MCE case. It's on there website under one of the flash parts but not listed under the cases. I'm interested in it in black. Are they using the new VFD that the CW01 has?

Ah, I was wondering what they were going to call that new MCE case. It's on there website under one of the flash parts but not listed under the cases. I'm interested in it in black. Are they using the new VFD that the CW01 has?

Not sure just yet. It seems the CW03 is a little farther away than the SG03

oh im interested, and i aslo was thinking about buy a new cpu cooler and psu! can u pm with the bundle amount might be or wat the special deal is gonna be so i can start saving up.

Nope, and SFFStore is closed today because we have had a shooting on the Virginia Tech campus in Blacksburg which has locked down the town pretty much.

http://www.wsls.com for more information on that :(

Ah.. so thats what happened? I saw Virginia Tech plastered all over the news on the lunch break.

Hope everything is okay. :(

22 confirmed dead last I saw on tv. Reportedly another 21 wounded. :(

Anyway, back on topic:

Glad to see the SFF site doing reviews again. It got slow for a little while there. The TJ08 is a sexy mini-tower. That SG03 looks sexy too. Silverstone does have some good looking cases. :D

Ah.. so thats what happened? I saw Virginia Tech plastered all over the news on the lunch break.

Hope everything is okay. :(

All my friends appear to be ok.

I actually work at Virginia Tech as well as take a few grad school classes and obviously run SFFStore.

I wasn't at work because I had a meeting on campus at 10 next to Norris hall (burger king right there) but she canceled obviously.

32 reported dead. Pray for the families.

No price estimates have been released to my knowledge. Steeeeve probably would have a better guess than anything I could offer. I'll predict/guess $100 - $130 and see what happens. :D

What happened to the SG02? I haven't heard anything about that for a while.

I am interested in the SG03!

As long as the price isnt too much, the most I would take it for is $150 but that is really stretching it.

Ideally $100 would be perfect for me so if that is gonna be the price put me down for a black one

What happened to the SG02? I haven't heard anything about that for a while.

It never released. I think its one of those versions they scrapped in developement and went onto the next version (SG03).

That's nice!! This and the Intel price drop will finally complete my rig. Now if they can only release it this month.

It never released. I think its one of those versions they scrapped in developement and went onto the next version (SG03).

:( I liked that case. Oh well, my top choice is still the sg01-evo for now then.

i would be interested in the Sugo03 + NT06 + ST50EF(SC?) combo. :)

i would be interested in the Sugo03 + NT06 + ST50EF(SC?) combo. :)

The SG03 costs me a lot more than the SG01 :(. So the price is going to be higher than that :)

Looks like the prices and package prices are going to be as follows:

SG03 + NT06 + ST50EF SC = TBD
SG03 = $144.95

These aren't set in stone so prices may vary. Let me know if you want any other combo deals.

These should be available sometime in May.

The SG03 costs me a lot more than the SG01 :(. So the price is going to be higher than that :)

Looks like the prices and package prices are going to be as follows:

SG03 + NT06 + ST50EF SC = $248.95 ($16 savings or so)
SG03 = $130.95

These aren't set in stone so prices may vary. Let me know if you want any other combo deals.

These should be available sometime in May.

Are you getting both the silver and black SG03? I prefer the black ;)

Are you getting both the silver and black SG03? I prefer the black ;)

yeah, should be an option up there.

www.sffstore.com

Would any of you be willing to do a pre-order? They ship out 5/30 at the latest it looks like.

Prices had to go up...sorry about that. New prices are based on what SilverStone wants me to sell them at.

5/23 will be the launch of the SG03 according to SilverStone.

Look for pre-orders to start either this week or when I get back from vacation on the 19th :)

Post if you are interested...as in seriously interested (most people just say "yeah I'd like one" with no real desire to ever get one).

Heh. I bet we'll see the new GigaByte boards before ANY new Silverstone product. :rolleyes:

- JT

Might be very interested in this, but...

...anyone have a picture of this next to a Shuttle G5 chassis? I've been running an ST20G5 for a few years, now, Socket 939 and all, because I just can't STAND any of the other SFF offerings. Look WAY too big, and...well...block-like. Not very aesthetic at all.

This case looks like the first promising candidate to come along, but I'm curious how big it is exactly. I'd REALLLLLY like to upgrade this summer, and the Gigabyte mobo looks sweet. And if sources are right about a <$300 price on the Core 2 Quad come July...well...all I need is a case!

SG03 in Silver is available now. Should be on the website sometime soon if people want to get one. Post on here today if you are 100% sure you want one and I'll open up my site hopefully tonight (PST) and you can order tonight.

Steve

When might the black SG03 be available? I'm 100% sure I'll get the black SG03, and I'm willing to preorder (pay in advance) for the black SG03.

black is gonna be awhile.

I'll put the Silver SG03 up for sale today for a few hours.....I'll have more updates when I go home on Saturday.

SFFStore is taking orders now for the SG03 (Silver) so please get them while they got um!

They ship tomorrow for anyone that wants one.

i thought sffstore was closed for this week?!

It really is but SilverStone wanted me to sell a few things so I'm on the hotel computer in Sedona, Arizona updated my website and doing a few other things. People are telling me to go out and enjoy the beautiful country here :)

lol thats funny. hey ur pretty close to me, i live in estrella, its by phoenix. come stop by! lol wat u doin in az? i hate it, were u live?

Back