silverstone tj09 or lian li v1200b plus II?

which one would you guys choose? and why?
i'm thinking about the silverstone because it had predrilled holes for WC which i'm probably goin to try out when price drops for the intel chips come out during may Q2

does anyone know if this would work on the tj09? Swiftech H220 APEX ULTRA CPU Liquid Cool Kit

can i mount the rads to the back of the case on the outside? then run the water tubes through the predrilled holes into the case?

so darn hard to make the decision. i'm really stuck.
should i get the lianli and stick with air because i don't have any dremel to get holes for WC. or should i go for the silverstone case with predrilled holes to mount a rad on the outside.

Just because a case does not have holes for the hoses to go thru does not mean it will need a dremel to go with watercooling. In most cases you can just use one of the PCI slots to route the hose if you mount the Rad on the outside, most WC kits that are designed this way even come with a custome bracket to help hold the hose, but its nothing you cant make yourself with a drill and spare PCI bracket.

does anyone know if this would work on the tj09? Swiftech H220 APEX ULTRA CPU Liquid Cool Kit

can i mount the rads to the back of the case on the outside? then run the water tubes through the predrilled holes into the case?

I was in the exact same situation as you last month. I was trying to decide bewtween these exact same two cases. I decided to go with the TJ09 and so far I am very happy that I did. couple of reasons I decided on TJ09:

1. usb front panel on bottom, since my case is on the ground this is a bad place for it.
2. no removable mobo tray
3. no reset button
4. I found tj09 almost as cheap as LL1200bplus at case-mod.com ($254) if you get someone to cut a window in your LL, it will cost more than the TJ09
5. at the time i was looking no windowed cases for LL1200bplus
6. final and most important reason: will not fit some heat sinks, specifically the Tuniq Tower 120 because of cross brace in middle of case.

I was in the exact same situation as you last month. I was trying to decide bewtween these exact same two cases. I decided to go with the TJ09 and so far I am very happy that I did. couple of reasons I decided on TJ09:

1. usb front panel on bottom, since my case is on the ground this is a bad place for it.
2. no removable mobo tray
3. no reset button
4. I found tj09 almost as cheap as LL1200bplus at case-mod.com ($254) if you get someone to cut a window in your LL, it will cost more than the TJ09
5. at the time i was looking no windowed cases for LL1200bplus
6. final and most important reason: will not fit some heat sinks, specifically the Tuniq Tower 120 because of cross brace in middle of case.

thanks for your feedback

exos system can't cool as good as the swiftech from what i know

I dont know if thats true or not, I have read alot of reviews on the Exos and never heard anything bad about it. The newer ones with the dual 120mm fans perform really well. however I am sure its not as good as alot of the higher end watercooling systems. I seen one version of the exos that has 3 120mm fans on it, and it places the pump and other stuff in a 5 1/4 drive bay, I have not seen a review on that system.
This is just something I was thinking about doing and thought I would share it, I know that the exos will cool well enough for me, but I am sure that others will require more.

I just built a computer using the TJ09 and that is one awesome case. I have built many using Lian Li cases and they are nice but the Silverstone's aluminum was thicker and more solid feeling. The Silverstone was completely solid and I really liked it. Why don't you just watercool your TJ07? It's really the perfect watercooling case. If you do decide to switch cases I'd go with the TJ09, it's about the best case I've ever worked with.

Back