Silverstone TJ09!

Yes, it is nice. It's definitely BIG, but I guess that's a good thing since there's room to grow into it.

This is off-topic, but I figured I'd share this since it might happen to somebody else. I had the weirdest thing happen when I moved everything into this case. NONE of my DVI outputs were working at all, so I had NO VIDEO. This of course put me into a panic initially, as I thought maybe I shorted out one of the cards or something. So I went digging and found the analog VGA cable that came with my Viewsonic LCD. I hooked it up with a DVI-VGA adaptor that came with the video cards. Sure enough video is working fine. So why the dead DVI? For the hell of it, when I got into windows I pulled the cards out of SLI mode, then turned it back on. Sure enough the DVI started working again. It's like either the cards or monitor itself got confused during the re-install. This ever happen to anybody?

this didnt happen to me but i noticed when i reinstalled everything, all my BIOS settings went to default again without me changing the jumpers. this is weird because i just replaced the battery in the mobo a couple of months ago and i cant think of anythign that would reset it. u tried the same you did with the HDD's but i didnt like how they could still turn a bit since it was with only two screws.

the only problem i have right now is getting the GPU fan out. i know which screws to unscrew but as hard as i try, they wont unscrew. and im afraid to strip the screw. any suggestions? ive got a standard sized phillips screwdriver.

this didnt happen to me but i noticed when i reinstalled everything, all my BIOS settings went to default again without me changing the jumpers. this is weird because i just replaced the battery in the mobo a couple of months ago and i cant think of anythign that would reset it. u tried the same you did with the HDD's but i didnt like how they could still turn a bit since it was with only two screws.

the only problem i have right now is getting the GPU fan out. i know which screws to unscrew but as hard as i try, they wont unscrew. and im afraid to strip the screw. any suggestions? ive got a standard sized phillips screwdriver.

I haven't tired changing that fan yet. I'm waiting for one more fan to show up (should be here Monday) I've heard it can be a REAL PITA. Everybody recommends using a magnetic tipped Phillips, it's supposed to help a lot.

That GPU fan is a PITA to remove. The best time to remove it is when nothing is in your case. Other wise you got a problem.

Now since I had already installed everything, what I did was remove the Mesh wiring inside the housing (had to bend it outward and remove the 4 screws, which are easier to get at), replaced the fan, added a filter and fan guard.

Does anyone know if the 24pin cord can be ran behind the motherboard tray ? Is there enough room for it ? I would check but im out of town till tomorrow night. I was originally gonna move on to a TJ07 for the purpose of puttting a PA.120.3 rad in the bottom. Instead I'll do a little modding and have it external instead.

As fot the 24pin cord, I wanted to dremel out a slot for the 24pin so it could emerge from behind and plug straight in, instead of it just running straight up. I know that flex-force cables would work, but I have my mind set on getting a enermax dxx instead.

I bought an extender too; this is a big case, and some motherboard layouts just push these distances too far. Luckily the TJ09 comes w/ audio, usb and other extensions, because you need them.

Taking a page out of nvusgt's book I decided to paint the inside of my new tj09 flat black.

2000754558768927621_rs.jpg

2000769702076059292_rs.jpg

2000793860941367494_rs.jpg

Of course, that is not black...thats the white primer. When their painted black and I put the thing back together, i'll post more pics.

Whilst taking the case apart I decided to get rid of the silverstone GPU fan and replace it with a yate loon. I have no idea how you guys with everything already in the case got that fan out. It wasn't a huge pain in the ass, but trying to do it with all the components in it just makes it even more difficult.

2000763085671734264_rs.jpg

Going to run the intake fans up to the 3.5" drive fan controller as well as install the silverstone 5" bay converter. Will post pics along the way.

i prefer the tj09. if i need the 5" bays i'll just take the thing out. no big deal.

hi guys , i am wondering if you can point me in the right direction.
im in New Zealand and for some reason i cant find a white led 120mm fan. i really think this would look good in my case , can anyone help me find one? the quieter the better !

thanks

Specs I went with:

Silverstone TJ09 Case
Corsair 620hx Power Supply
Intel Q6600 Processor
Asus P5K Premium Motherboard
Corsair 6400C4 2x1GB RAM
EVGA 8800 Ultra Video Card
2x Seagate 500GB HHD
Pioneer 18X DVD Drive
D-Link 10/100 Router
Vista Ultimate 64bit
Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Speakers
Gateway 21" LCD (already had)
Yate Loon 120mm Fans
Silverstone Bay Converter
Silverstone 3 Port Fan Controller
Thermalright 120 Ultra CPU Heatsink with Scyth S-Flex Fan

Motherboard tray and rear pillars painted flat black. Turned out decent. Looks better than the bright aluminum. Everything else in the case will be black so I figured a black motherboard tray would be nice as well. Can really see the 5" or 3.5" bays up front with the door on, so I didn't paint them, and it would be a big pain in the ass so I left them alone.

2002794227372876440_rs.jpg

2001312805508146476_rs.jpg

Last night I was kind of messing around to see how I will arrange things with the dvd and the 120mm fan/bay converter. I think I like this set up better than having the dvd drive on top.

2002775736937483864_rs.jpg

The bay converter can hold 4 hard drives. Right now in this rig I have room for 10 hard drives which is insane. I have 2 500gig seagates and not entirely sure where I will put them. Either in their normal spot under the fan controller where there is a separate fan bracket for them, or in the bay converter. Right now i'm leaning toward their original spot because of cable management. I can make it so their plugs face the rear panel of the case, which I think is better than facing the rear of the motherboard tray where the exhaust is. I can then use the bay converter solely for intake air.
2002704855011480173_rs.jpg

Taking a page out of nvusgt's book I decided to paint the inside of my new tj09 flat black.

Of course, that is not black...thats the white primer. When their painted black and I put the thing back together, i'll post more pics.

Whilst taking the case apart I decided to get rid of the silverstone GPU fan and replace it with a yate loon. I have no idea how you guys with everything already in the case got that fan out. It wasn't a huge pain in the ass, but trying to do it with all the components in it just makes it even more difficult.

Going to run the intake fans up to the 3.5" drive fan controller as well as install the silverstone 5" bay converter. Will post pics along the way.

Nicely done. I love it when guys go the extra step to put a little "snazzz" into their cases instead of just buying a case and leaving it looking "stock".. I think you are a little like me because I don't like having the EXACT SAME case as the next guy. I have a Lian Li PC-7A case that I completely took apart, dremel'd the heck out of it, drilled half the rivets out, had a few parts CNC machined to change the outside appearance, removed the (2) 3.5" drive bays, removed the hard drive cage which was mounted to the floor of the case, strategically cut holes for wire management and had it all powder coated semi gloss black.

I am left with a VERY uncluttered and clean appearance. Now, regardless of video card size, I have atleast 17" inches of unobstructed space to dedicate to a video card.. So, unless video cards are going to be THAT big in the next few years, I think I am set.

I'll be following this thread until you are finished. Good job and good luck with the rest of your project.

Thanks for the kind words officermartinez. I think that's the great thing about us all here.

We have a lot of fun putting together our rigs and it's nice to be able to add that extra touch that makes it that much nicer.

It's easy to slap together a bunch of parts. Anyone of us could probably teach someone to do it pretty quick, but to take the extra time to make the rig just the way you want it and to and to spend the time to route all the cables and sit down for a while and think of the best way to do things. That's what makes it fun and it's pretty rewarding also.

I'll probably get to installing some of the components tonight and post pics tomorrow. Maybe I should start a log because i don't want to clutter this thread up. Don't know if I deserve a log though, not doing too many mods! Just the paint and maybe some cable management mods to the case.

Guess I should finally post in here! Got my new rig all setup just the way I wanted it to. I LOVE everything about this case, and I am definitely so happy I spent the extra few to get it. Definitely one of the best cases I have ever worked in and the easiest, coolest to boot.

I just moved into a house recently and here is the semi-completed room sans posters/lights/paintings

main2.jpg

main3.jpg

main4.jpg

main1.jpg

:)

hey hey, nice goin on the paint job.....sorta looks familiar

ha ha yes it should look familiar to you! I like the way it turned out so the credit goes to you for the idea. Doubt I would have done it without seeing someone else do it first to see how it looked.

Should look pretty bad ass in there since the mobo is the black pearl edition, psu is black, video card is black etc. maybe i won't be able to see anything at all in the case!

I ordered up a few black 24" SATA cables also. so will have to deal with red if the black ones take a while to get here.

bwahahhaaha, thats awsome man. i mean it looked similar but i didn't think you took the plunge cuz you saw a "noob" do it to his.... noob being me of course :eek: lol *whispersthought i'd mention it was my firt build.... :rolleyes:whispers*

ya mang, i couldn't see sheit in mine after it was done. I mean nearly everything in the damn thing was black cept my memory, which is blazing BUFFALO red :p. You've prolly seen the pics, i stuck a single blue cc tube in the bizzo, it turned out real nice.

thanks alot for the credit, but by no means was i the first so credit to those before me ;)

I'll be getting my TJ09 in the next 10 hours or so. Can't Wait! :D

I feel you man, I just got mine last week. I've pretty much been following this thread ever since it had 50+ pages. I can't wait to start working with it, just gotta wait for all my parts to get in :D

not really a complain about mine, but i just didn't realize how big it was. I mean this case is HUGE.

i've never made my own pc, so i had no idea what to expect. But to be this big was def a surprise to me. ya ya ya, i coulda looked at the measurements and been like, "ok so its gonna be blah blah blah...' but whatever.

anywho i'm really glad i got this case, quality and looks ftw.

How do I attach my ga-p35-ds3r mobo to this removable tray? There are so many hole screws on the tray...

Mine is set to your top option:

2x 120mm fan on top for intake
1x 120mm fan in inside near front for intake
1x 120mm rear for exhaust

The fans are all Akasa Ambers which seem to do the job well enough. I've got a Scythe Infinity with a push/pull set up with two 120mm fans. I've got everything cable-wrapped and tucked as best as I can and, after due experimentation, this has been the optimum set up for me (so far!) YMMV of course but this configuration works best for me.

Long time lurker... Just finished my build and thought I would share some observations. TJ09, Gigabyte GA-P35T-DQ6, Q6600@3Ghz, Thermaltake V1, BFG OC 8800GTX, 4 Aerocool Aero-Flow Ball Bearing Fans (Rear, Top 2, Drive bay) Scythe Minebea (75 cfm) for center GPU fan. Also A Thermaltake Dual slot fan below the 8800GTX.

Did some testing using the top fans as both intake and both exhaust. Used Speedfan to check temps. Ambient was ~25C:

At Idle
Intake: Core's 39-35-35-39, CPU 34, Case 38, GPU 58
Exhaust: Core's 41-37-37-41, CPU 37 Case 34, GPU 59

Same CPU and Core temp Delta's (~2C) when loaded using Prime95 Torture Test (100% on all cores)
Intake: 59-56-56-59 CPU 58
Exhaust: 61-57-57-61 CPU 59

So CPU/GPU runs cooler with both top fans as intake. But the case temp is hotter. I think this is due to the top fans blowing directly onto the CPU/Cooler/Motherboard, but then the hot air is not evacuated as fast. With the top fans as exhaust air is moved out of the case faster (cooler case) but not as much air flows on the CPU/Cooler. Also in this config (negative pressure in case) air coming into the case is would be from the large air openings at the back of the case. Now if you are like me and have your case with the back next to a wall then all of the hot air exhausted from the back fan/GPU/Slot Fan would be sucked back into the case thought these openings.

Going to add a Bay Fan and switch the top fans to exhaust to see what the effect is with this combination.

Sweet setup Darkatom !!

I just joined the official SilverStone TJ-09 Dream Machine Club too. (Black with window) ;)

The case arrived yesterday in super condition, looks like it survived the UPS Ground 4' drop OK!! (All UPS Ground packaged get 1 free 4' drop on the conveyor belt.) :eek:

I am replacing all 5 case fans with the 120mm Scythe S-FLEXT Case Fan. (63.7 CFM/28 dBA) I dont know which case fan I sould not hook up the the ZALMAN ZM-MFC1 Fan Controller Panel wich controlles 4 fans. Any suggestions would be appreachiated for the best configuration here. It's my first build. :p

My initial fan config will be this way:
2 on top both blowing out I guess.... (The rear top fan is the wildcard. Some had better results with it blowing down at the mobo. I am thinking that if I have the others blowing in the case, or up, I probably need two blowing out?)
1 rear blowing in the case.
1 midsection blowing in the case.
1 HD fan blowing up. (I guess I should mount my 2 Raptors in the upper cage, and storage drive in the lower?)
Any opinions are welcome!

I am going water cooling too and am in line to have a WaterKegIII Xtreme (Black with Blue UV light) made for me. It will be a while though, I have been cautioned. (I am OK with it, it was my favorite choice.)

http://www.externalpccooling.net/Page6.html (WaterKegIII Xtreme link)

I will upload some pictures as soon as I am further along.

My plan is to paint the motherboard tray a dark grey, and spray a few choice small images onto it using a pre made air brush template, using clear blue UV reactive paint. If you look at the tray, after a motherboard is mounted along with it's cables, you will see 3 or 4 open spots to the right of the motherboard, that is plainly visable. These 3 or 4 clean spots on the tray is where I plan to spray my small template made images. They will be clear in normal light, and glow blue when I turn on my UV CC blue light kits. I might just forget the 3 small images and do a UV spider web pattern?

What I am going for is modest looking computer by day, and UV carnival mode by night, but only when I throw the 2 toggle switches on my fan controller.

I want to be able to go WOW NEET, for a while, but still be able to shut er down too. A bit of both worlds I guess. ;)

Has anybody used the ClearNeon Aerosol UV Reactive Paint before? The add has it on the dudes hand totally invisable in normal light, but bright blue in UV light.

I won't have the added snazz of led fans, due to me not being able to independently control the led's, withought shutting the fans down too. UV CC kits, and various UV reactive stuff, is going to have to brunt all the bling on my rig in carnival mode.

On these UV CC kit's, is there a 'best' spot ot mount them, and or a strategically correct length to get for installing inside the TJ09?

Keep up the good work boy's, and I love this case. I have never had any other case that evan came close... :cool:

My system is comming to life soon.... ;)

Where did all the other TJ09 boy's go....

Not much activity in this thread for a while.

Matter of days... CASE: SilverStone TJ-09 BW, OS: Windows Vista Ultimate x64, MOBO: Asus Maximus SE X38, Processor: Q6600 G0, RAM: corsair XMS2 4GB(2 x 2GB) SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit, corsair CMXAF1 ram cooler, Display: Gateway FPD2485W (1,920 x 1,200 res), PSU: Toughpower 1000w modular, Storage: (2) Western Digital Raptor 150GB 10,000 RPM in RAID 0 (OS and Games), (1)Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD7500AAKS 750GB and (1) Samsung 500GB SATA (General storage) WaterKegIII Xtreme, D-TEK FuZion CPU Waterblock. TV Tuner card. 8600GT soon to be replaced!

Here is the back, I am trying my best to hide all the wires.... :)

dscf0083zr2.jpg

Check out my EL wire spider in the HD cage. He should show up good through the fan cover on the front when you throw the switch!

PSU lined in EL wire.

A third stran of EL wirs is hooked up for future use.

4 UV CC tubes are in, 2 on the left behind front support, one in the roof, one right hand side.

5 Lazer UV led's, were installed on the shiny video fan cover, right at the hot spot in the picture near the bottom. You cant see it very good. Kinda hidden...

All lights ar on the 2 toggle switches of the fan controller. Nothing light up unless you throw the switches...

4 120mm Scythe S-FLEXT Case Fans are installed. (63.7 CFM/28 dBA)
2 were on top, 1 between HD cages, and yes, the trickey one for video card too...
1 more will be installed on rear, after the invisable UV blue air brush web, is sprayed onto the mobo tray!
Air brush Spider Web Pattern: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SPID...34360QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW#ebayphotohosting
Blue web will become visable under UV light.

What do you think.... ? :)

I put my 2 Raptor 150's in the top bay, for OS and games. (Fan is pointing up in between the HD cages at Raptors)(Will be running RAID 0)
My 750GB Caviar, and 500GB Samsung (soon out of my m7690n Pavilion), will be in the bottom bay for general storage.

dscf0079fu4.jpg

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking good there ! Nice PSU, I just got a Silverstone Strider 1KW yesterday myself. Where are you planning to mount the little converter thing for the cc lights ?

I have then in there already... :)

A black and green one are behind the PSU, and another black, and silver one, are under the video card vent, for a total of 4.

I have them hidden pritty good. ;)

pic003qm8.jpg

The ones befind the PSU:

I just cleaned the extra glue off... Funny how you notice the back side more when you start taking pictures...

pic002yr5.jpg

Well you had me fooled :p. A minute ago I repositioned my CC tubes, I put one as you did too on the side of the gpu fan. I must admit thats a pretty good place as it cast the light more evenly. So are these recent pics or have you completed more ?

I almost forgot...

2 more are mounted on the rear edge of the 3 1/2" drive bay.

pic4nr4.jpg

Well you had me fooled :p. A minute ago I repositioned my CC tubes, I put one as you did too on the side of the gpu fan. I must admit thats a pretty good place as it cast the light more evenly. So are these recent pics or have you completed more ?

This is how she sits today!! ;)

I understand what the blue boxes are for, but what about the black ones that sit next to each one you have ? Do you plan on wearing sunglasses when you use it in the end ?Because judging by the looks of it, theres gonna be some serious light coming from that TJ09 :D.

Back